Weekend Photo Fun 12-12/12-15

Everything is looking great this week. Love the juice train video. I have got to get a lot of those cars. Does anyone know where you can get some of the earlier car sets?

As far as I know you would have to buy them piece by piece....I have a few of the orange ones. They are hard to get. Very popular yet hard to find, limited run from various manufacturers. Roundhouse made them and Athearn did. I do not know who else. They range from white, orange, green and yellow with various art logos on them.

http://toys.shop.ebay.com/items/HO-...rksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282?_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Had the SPSF GP38-2 running on the layout for the first time today, With her partner, MGRy #350, the two of them have lots of power.

P1010673.jpg

Jeffrey, looks good but, as I'm sure you've noticed, you have a problem with that handrail not being in the hole on the left side.

Found an interesting picture in my "archive"..
Last month I was in belgium to do a "how to"about trees( whatelse! =) )
There was also a contest about making a small diorama in wich "something had to make movements"
This was/IS the winner:
total depth of diorama: 18 inches!!!
The front is scale 1:50.... 5 inches further: 1 : 87 incl. the streetcar that was moving from behind the left house the the right houseand almost at the background: 12 inches..scale 1 : 160 again the "same streetcar but in scale N!
So it looks like it was making a big turn....
unfortunately they were not running when making these pics...
veldhovenexpo2008totaalyu8.jpg

Jos

Pretty neat effect, Jos. I like the picture frame idea for a diorama too. I can see why it was a contest winner.

Wow, Nice Jos, wish I could have seen that. Actually tempts me to make a false wall in my house and throw in a diorama like so!

Found an interesting picture in my "archive"..
Last month I was in belgium to do a "how to"about trees( whatelse! =) )
There was also a contest about making a small diorama in wich "something had to make movements"
This was/IS the winner:
total depth of diorama: 18 inches!!!
The front is scale 1:50.... 5 inches further: 1 : 87 incl. the streetcar that was moving from behind the left house the the right houseand almost at the background: 12 inches..scale 1 : 160 again the "same streetcar but in scale N!
So it looks like it was making a big turn....
unfortunately they were not running when making these pics...

Jos

Wow that's an amazing diorama!! :D

Now that the rain has let up I've been working on the first two strips of hedgerow for the edge of the park. These are nothing more than pieces of dark blue fiber furnace filters with plenty of green spray paint laid on with some generous applications of green blended turf between paint applications and a final layer of blended turf on top.

P1010696.jpg

P1010697.jpg

Thank you. They're very simple to make. About the hardest part is cutting the filter material. It's some tough stuff. I've made 4 more since I posted those 2.

Only problem is it looks better than any hedges I tried to grow. I do believe you have achieved the desired effect. Nice work Jeffrey, thanks for posting it.

Cheers
Willis

Back