Weekend Photo Fun 11-21/11-24

Another fantastic weekend here folks! I do enjoy seeing all of your work.

I did a bit of railfaning today (model type) and caught Ten Wheeler #628 at the head of the morning Milk Train. I caught up to her as she was climbing the grade on her way to Bare Hill just as the morning sun was starting to peek through.

MilkTrainFaning01w.png

She has to pass Cooley's Blue Ice on the way up:

MilkTrainFaning02w.png

Then along Seneca Lake where she has to start climbing again:

MilkTrainFaning03w.png

Then across the bridge and up the hill by the old Arthur Homestead:

MilkTrainFaning04w.png

More to come...

Milk train part 2:

If you look in the woods just past the tracks, you can see the foundation of the old barn where the original homestead was:

MilkTrainFaning05w.png

The train crests the summit just before she passes Thompson Tile:

MilkTrainFaning06w.png

Having made the grade she rounds the hill and heads into the cut just before another tunnel:

MilkTrainFaning07w.png

Back down the other side of the grade, brakes still hot she has permission to enter the block before Hopewell Junction Station:

MilkTrainFaning08w.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Milk run part 3...

Old #628 eases around the bend at the head of the yard:

MilkTrainFaning10w.png

With some light braking the engineer slows her for final approach to the station at Hopewell Junction:

MilkTrainFaning11w.png

Hi Ray: What a wonderful train ride over your layout! It was definitely worth the price of a ticket. Great Job!

Crandell: Your experimentation has really paid off! I like everything about it.

Thank you Grampy! Actually that is only about 1/3rd of the layout. The rest is still "Plywood Central".

Westover Meet

Evening all. Well,this morning I decided to take a road trip to visit my mom,and well,I took my camera and scanner along,and well, I found an excuse to do some quick railfannig. At the small town of Westover Al,on US Hiway 280, I found a Northbound CSX freight waiting on another freight to come south,before going on to B'ham. The following pics pretty much say it all.:cool:. William. Enjoy. The first train is the Southbound Coaltrain from B'ham. William.

The second set of photos is of the Northbound as it waited for the Southbound,which then pulled onto the main. This particullar line of track,is the Old ACL line to Waycross and Manchester Georgia. For the most part, it is a speedway of sorts for CSX bringing trains East -West. William.

The last four I have,are all the Northbound Freight. Trying to get reasonablly decent photos of trains on this line is somewhat hard to do,due in fact,that the trains that use this line are really moving fast:eek:,wow. What it boils down to is,being in the right spot,at the right time,and to have your camera ready. William.

Saturday was Open House day at our club, and we had plenty of kids visiting. It's nice to think that maybe we won't be the last generation of model railroaders after all.

We let them take turns running a few cars up and down in the yard; the dispatcher gets surly if anything interrupts the mainline trains.

hughcrowdvw5.jpg

quentinandkidyt7.jpg

Keep them coming

Nice stuff guys! Thanks for sharing

rhoward: very nice as usual. Following the train is pretty neat!
Selector: That's a pretty neat shot.
Hotwinger: Nicely done. looks real
GrampysTrains: Wow:eek: Nicely done
Smoke: Nice modelling. Looking good
johntealon30: great stuff. i always enjoy your layout
Jefferey: The rusted steamer is a great shot.

here are a few shots of my I.C.R.R Heavy mountain with some passenger coaches. These were taken on The Elmhurst model RR Club layout.

Also A Soo Line RS switching some oil cars

Trent

Nice layout and nice steamers...but I realy like the SOO switcher :)
Thanks for sharing. Very nice club layout.

Boy, I came into this game too late to comment on everything. All I can say that is a nice mix of models and prototype photos. I really do have to get downstairs and take some photos. Every weekend seems to slip away from me.

Back