UN-Construction Details

Just a short note. I've been removing track off the layout for 2 days & figure I have about at least 2 more days before I'm finished. Then I will take photo's of track, switches, magnets, rerailers, diamonds & misc. track.
Then I will start another FS Topic to cover track.:D

Decided today to run my layout stuff on Craigslist. Already had about 6 hits & 2 are coming over next monday to look at what I have left. They're mainly interested in all the engines, pass. cars & the rest of the buildings.
:rolleyes:We'll see!!

Decided today to run my layout stuff on Craigslist. Already had about 6 hits & 2 are coming over next monday to look at what I have left. They're mainly interested in all the engines, pass. cars & the rest of the buildings.
:rolleyes:We'll see!!

They were supposed to be here today at 1pm & never showed up. Oh well.

Spent the day taking all the screws out of the plywood on the Steel tables on the left side of the trainroom. I'll show you the before pics tonite & then tomorrow I'll show you the after pics.:D
The 3rd photo is where my yards use to be.
The 1st photo is where the WM Dist. center was.
The 2nd photo is where the Docks were.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of these tables are now gone. I worked by myself from 7am till 7pm to get these all ut of the building. There were a total of 6 tables & now there outside of my building.
The 1st photo, in the back left corner is where all of the Skyscrapers were & all of the buildings for downtown. The vehicle bridge was over the valley where the RR bridge is.
The 2nd photo is where the Junk Yard & the Heavy Equipment yard was.
The 1st & 2nd photo is now gone.
The 3rd photo is where the Coal Mine was & it(the whole 24ft table) is coming out tomorrow.

This picture shows the whole left side tables that I took out today.

I don't know how you can bear it Larry, I would need to be drinking gallons of electrolyte just to supply enough tears.

I don't know how you can bear it Larry, I would need to be drinking gallons of electrolyte just to supply enough tears.

I don't have any regrets, yet, probably won't sink in till I don't have anything to do one day.
Anyway, there's a young guy that comes over & helps me do the heavy work all the time when I call him. I'm going to let him use about 5 or 6 of my tables & put them in the back of the building to start his own layout. He wants to do that because he's never built a large layout(other than his 4by8) & needs my help. So, after I finish removing everything we will cut about 6" off of the legs on the steel tables to get down to his heighth(he's a short guy). He's going to put 4by8 sheets of plywood on instead of the 3&1/2ft that I was using. He's modeling Florida in the 60's to the 80's. So, all of the Tree's & Palms that I was trying to sell here on the Forum he is buying & he's also buying a lot of my Track & Turnouts, magnets & a few engines & some of the FEC Passenger cars.:):D

I don't have any regrets, yet, probably won't sink in till I don't have anything to do one day.
Anyway, there's a young guy that comes over & helps me do the heavy work all the time when I call him. I'm going to let him use about 5 or 6 of my tables & put them in the back of the building to start his own layout. He wants to do that because he's never built a large layout(other than his 4by8) & needs my help. So, after I finish removing everything we will cut about 6" off of the legs on the steel tables to get down to his heighth(he's a short guy). He's going to put 4by8 sheets of plywood on instead of the 3&1/2ft that I was using. He's modeling Florida in the 60's to the 80's. So, all of the Tree's & Palms that I was trying to sell here on the Forum he is buying & he's also buying a lot of my Track & Turnouts, magnets & a few engines & some of the FEC Passenger cars.:):D

Make sure there's a build thread made. ;):D

By joed2323;

Oh my god. Im crying just looking at these pictures.
This is like watching someone slowly bleed to death!
My thoughts exactly!!!!

By tootnkumin;

I think I would be drinking something with a little more horsepower than that as I drowned my sorrows.

Update Photos of what I've got done so far. Still have at least another 3 or 4 days to finish up. Then I have to run an ad in the local shopping guide to sell all the tables. A buddy that is building an N scale layout in a 28ft container box is taking all of the plywood for free. He's going to use the good side & put the scenery covered side down. Saves him a bunch of cash.

Sold all of the Plywood in pic #4 today. He's coming back monday to get the rest if I get it all off the frames. LOL That stuff is covered w/cork roadbed, scenery material, old tree's & other stuff. he said he's going to scrape all of that off w/an air scraper & use the good size for his N scale layout.:)

Had another guy wanting all of the steel tables for 25 bucks a pc. for his O scale layout. He's building his layout inside a 53 ft. Frigerated Container. he's got a 15000 A/C stuck in the nose.:D

I dont really think you need to show us those pictures and make us all throw up and cry!!:(

Seeing those pictures makes me just want to sit in the corner and loose it!:confused:

I hope the best for you larry! You have always been a good person to talk to..:cool:
Ive always liked looking at pictures of your layout, but not being dismantled!

Its just so unreal, sorry if i come off wrong to you but i dont mean to be. Its just crazy how you have model railroading in your blood. Its in your blood man, i cant imagine it being this easy to get rid of!

Im not exactly sure how old you are, or whos wife is making you do this?? But its all horse poo!

I totally understand for health reasons, but like others you can always rebuild in a diff fashion.

I hate to say it, but from what you say, i just cant grasp you never ever running another train again! It seems like model railroading took away your birthday, or stole your life.

Im sure you hate people commenting on your post like this, but i do mean no harm, its just sad to see someone turn their back on modelrailroading.

I hope one day you come to your senses and realize you can still have a layout, it doesnt have to be as big as your previous layout.

I know you say your not said or whatever, but larry i am said for you!

Ok, continue on now...

I dont really think you need to show us those pictures and make us all throw up and cry!!:(

Seeing those pictures makes me just want to sit in the corner and loose it!:confused:

I hope the best for you larry! You have always been a good person to talk to..:cool:
Ive always liked looking at pictures of your layout, but not being dismantled!

Its just so unreal, sorry if i come off wrong to you but i dont mean to be. Its just crazy how you have model railroading in your blood. Its in your blood man, i cant imagine it being this easy to get rid of!

Im not exactly sure how old you are, or whos wife is making you do this?? But its all horse poo!

I totally understand for health reasons, but like others you can always rebuild in a diff fashion.

I hate to say it, but from what you say, i just cant grasp you never ever running another train again! It seems like model railroading took away your birthday, or stole your life.

Im sure you hate people commenting on your post like this, but i do mean no harm, its just sad to see someone turn their back on modelrailroading.

I hope one day you come to your senses and realize you can still have a layout, it doesnt have to be as big as your previous layout.

I know you say your not said or whatever, but larry i am said for you!

Ok, continue on now...

I don't have any problem w/anyone making statements about what I'm doing. For the past 2 yrs. I've actually tried to tone down the layout a little & just add stuff that I had been planning for a while. The last 3 or 4 months have taken a toll on my back, legs & feet. My concrete floor is wearing this old body down. I'm 74 yrs. old & have always had a job that requires standing or walking on concrete. besides the physical problems I have been in MRR for almost 53 years. I have spent tons of money & decided it was time to quit & do something for myself that makes money. I'm not coming out ahead on anything I'm selling, in fact, I feel I'm almost giving it away for what I paid for it & spent time bettering it. Time is no object when you are retired. If I ever get back into model railroading it will be the 7&1/2" rails. I hope to have everything gone by March of 2013, or that is my Goal. My wife has nothing to do w/getting out of the hobby. Although she is glad I won't be spending time at Train Shows spending money. I will probably always be on the Forum & I will still be going to Train Shows w/friends that need my help buying stuff.
I have friends that are in the N-HO-O & G scales & the 1&1/2" scale.:D

After I ship the next 3 big boxes of stuff, engines, passenger cars & buildings it's getting closer to a complete sell down.
Still have quite a few engines, structures & Misc. Was hoping to get rid of everything by March of 2013, but, it looks like all of it's going to be gone by Jan. of 2013. Just keep looking thru everything & you will find something sooner or later. Be sure & check at the end of each topic to make sure that whole bunch of stuff hasn't been sold already.
Thanks to EVERYONE that has bought stuff so far. Since I'm only listing thru the Forum it has really been Great dealing w/everyone especially the guys that have bought stuff from me in the past 10 years. I hope everyone has got all of their stuff safe & sound. I've been working about 7 days a week & 8 & 10 to 12 hrs. a day getting it shipped. I've also spent about $250.00 on shipping materials, boxes & gas. Been a lot of Fun for me. Reminds me of my days working in the mail room at Gold Triangle back in the 60's.:D:):eek:

Back