UN-Construction Details

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
This new Topic will cover updates on Un-Construction of my Layout. Doing away w/Larry's MRR Empire Vol#5 & adding this one. Also, use this topic for news on all the items that I have For sale.:D As I start dismantling the layout I will post pictures & then when everything is gone & the building is empty, the Moderators can delete this Thread.

Thanks to all of the guys that have bought stuff Today & Yesterday & the Day Before That & the Day before that. Been busy:)Busy:)Busy for the last 3 days shipping stuff out. Shipped all of the Freight cars out today in 2 big boxes by UPS. I gave a list Of NS engines to one buyer--No pictures-Not till next month. I will be gone next week off & on for some family business. If you email or PM me after Monday I won't be around to answer questions. I have a person staying here at the house, but they won't be on the puter.:rolleyes:

Finally took all of the buildings off the layout. The Walmart Dist. center came all apart & I trashed it. So, all of the WM trucks are on the market, now. 18 trucks for $35.00. The Trailers are a little undersize for HO scale, but no one has ever said anything about the size against that big building. LOL
Today, I unhooked all of the Transformers, track sound systems, etc. As soon as I get back I'll list those. 2 Walkarounds(DC)an MRC CM20 & an Innovator 2000, an MRC 9000 & 2 MRC 9500's. When someone buys the Walkarounds they will get all of the telephone plugs, wiring & the Volt & Amp meters.
A week from this Monday I will start taking out all of the track, switches, turnouts & magnets.
Then on Tuesday take pictures of all of the buildings front, back & side w/measurements. I removed over 20 buildings off the layout & then took almost 20 out from under the train tables.
Then on wed. or thurs. list all of the engines w/pictures of ea.
Anyway, that's the plan.:D

When you contact me about an item & the price, you need to stay in contact with me about that item. I always reply back ASAP w/an answer. I expect a response if you want the item. When I don't get a response right away I always contact you again to see if you want the item or items. If you don't answer me right away & someone else contacts me about the same item & pays for that item right away, they are the one that is going to get it. This has happened at least 3 times. You can't wait a whole day or 2 or 3 days & expect to buy it, because 99% of the time it's going to be sold to someone else.
I have been giving the best price when you buy quanity. I'm not EBay. I try to treat you, like I would like to be treated. You can ask anyone on this Forum if I have ever treated them wrong.
When you get your order, check it to see if I've left anything out & let me know right away. If I've added something that you didn't buy, you don't have to contact me!!
I hope by Jan. First of 2013 to have everything sold. I donated the steel train tables to my Church & they need them by Jan. 4th.
I never expected the Response I got from all of you guys here on the Forum & I have had a few problems getting stuff packed up. The Post Office ran out of some of the Priority mail boxes that I use all the time & I had to wait 4 days for those. They finally got me some of the APO large boxes & I'm using those. I'm a one man order filling, packing, UPS runs to their P/U store, PO runs & Shipping guy. Also do all of the Emails, PM's & phone calls myself. No Sexytary, work long hours & get paid less than minimum wage, way less.
But, I enjoy making someone happy w/low prices & they don't have to make those last second bids like on Ebay.
Keep the Orders coming guys--Deadline(I HOPE)is Jan. 1st.
Larry Creel(been in the MRR'ing Hobby for 52 years).:D;):):rolleyes:

Hi Everyone,
A short note to let you know I'm back home again. My PM box was full & I'm sure some of your messages got rejected. If you contacted me last week or the 1st part of this week about my items I have For Sale & you didn't get a response, I'm here for your questions.
Thanks,
Larry

Anyone that has contacted me in the past 2 weeks about Items & I haven't returned a reply to your messages, would you Please contact me again w/your Wants. I was gone for 4 days this past week & when I returned a lot of my emails had been deleted because the Inbox was full. Don't know why, but it happened.:confused:

Hey, Guys, keep Will Landers in your Prayers. He's in the Hospital. He's supposed to be coming home tomorrow & he probably won't tell you what happened, but, I think he had a lite Heart Attack. Thanks to all my Buddies here on the Forum.
Larry Creel:eek:

Hey, Guys, keep Will Landers in your Prayers. He's in the Hospital. He's supposed to be coming home tomorrow & he probably won't tell you what happened, but, I think he had a lite Heart Attack. Thanks to all my Buddies here on the Forum.
Larry Creel:eek:

Sounds like he's had one like mine back in 2000. I was told at the time (61) that it was a slow build up type, they didn't do the bypass until '04 and put me on various meds (still on 'em) which appear to have held me in good stead (grabs hold of the nearest piece of wood) so hopefully he'll make a good recovery. It's a big wake-up call.

Sounds like he's had one like mine back in 2000. I was told at the time (61) that it was a slow build up type, they didn't do the bypass until '04 and put me on various meds (still on 'em) which appear to have held me in good stead (grabs hold of the nearest piece of wood) so hopefully he'll make a good recovery. It's a big wake-up call.

I just found out a few minutes ago he's been in the hospital for 5 days in Alabama. he's giving those docs & nurses a fit to go home. :rolleyes:

I just found out a few minutes ago he's been in the hospital for 5 days in Alabama. he's giving those docs & nurses a fit to go home. :rolleyes:

5 days is about what is normal, so long as he takes his meds, takes it reasonably easy for a while, then begin a light bit of exercise, he should be OK till they decide what they're going to recommend he have done. May get away with just having stents put in. Probably have to have an angiogram done to find the degree/s of blockage, not pleasant but they won't do that immediately if he's not in imminent danger.

I had a "warning shot" as the doc sez a few years ago.
It does open your eyes a wee bit wider to the world, doesn't it?
Get well Will!

I hope all is well with will... we will be hoping for a speedy recovery.

He got out of the Hospital Today. I think the Doctors & Nurses had enough & sent him home. He knows he's got to take it easy for at least a week, but, we all know that ain't going to happen.:D:rolleyes:

They was glad to see my butt roll out the door today. I don't like long stay at a hospital I'm gona take it easy this week Atleast I can't stand to just lay around and eat meds

Will- im not sure if you have any recent pics of your layout. I know youve been hospitalized, not sure if u have any recent updates of your layout, but you know the drill we all love new pictures of progress.

Not much more done to it other than what's posted allready.I was told my layout sucks anyway so it don't really matter.gona try to get my main lines done in next few weeks I'm not even half way around it yet.I don't know what the sqaure footage of the layout area is but its alot.

One of the forum members came buy my house 2 weeks ago and when he walked around the layout he was like holy crap its huge

I'm still finding things under my train tables that I haven't listed yet & then I found my 2 miniature Camera's in my RR workshop today that I had forgot about. I'll try to get them listed in the next cpl. days.:)

This is kinda Funny in a way. About 4 months ago my local Newspaper(only comes out once a week on thurs.)came out & did a photo shoot & interview w/me about my Train layout. The woman that did the interview told me she didn't know when it would be put in the paper. In the meantime I contacted the paper about 3 weeks ago & told them not to run the story because I was dismantling the layout. She said OK. Last week they emailed me thru my FB page & asked me for my Phone # & my email , so, they could put it at the end of the story that I was taking apart the layout & asked me what I was going to do now for a hobby. I told them I was going to buy a Plasma Cutter & a larger Mig welder w/the Proceeds from selling the trains & go back into the Metal Sculpture business at making Dragons. So, they put that at the end of the story. So, I can hardly wait to see what is going to happen after everyone reads that in the paper. After I took down my sign out by the highway people stopped visiting. Which is good, because in my trainroom I've got stuff sitting all over the floor, on the tables, stuff pulled out from under the tables, wiring hanging out from the tables, track partially taken up, etc, etc. All in the life of a Hobbiest.;):D:):rolleyes::cool::eek: OH, & I forgot to tell you the story came out today in the paper 11-8-12.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back