Tucker Candy Company

Fishplate

Kitbashed from two Walthers Red Wing Milling Co. kits, plus a water tank left over from another kit. The signs were designed in Inkscape and printed on Testors inkjet decal paper. The resulting decals were difficult to work with; I'll try a different technique next time.
View attachment 12329

WOW that is beautiful work!! I love it. I have 2 Red Wing Flour Mill kits laying around, maybe i should bash em up and see what i come up with :D lol

GREAT work on the kitbash, i love it!!

I am currently working on one of those kits. I like how you painted it, what colors did you use? I find concrete a very hard texture, color to paint.

Very nicely done. I always liked that kit for bashing. Are your large signs painted on the structure or something that you printed and applied?

Rico, the building is named after my sister-in-law's black lab, Tucker.

Paul, the main color is Polly Scale Aged White. Loading docks and steps are Aged Concrete. Weathering is thinned artists' oils (black and burnt sienna).

mdcustom, see my original post regarding the signs. Although I used clear lacquer to seal the decals according to directions, the ink did bleed and required a lot of touchup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Concrete color

As far as concrete color goes I work with every day and I think that Polly Scale S&P lettering grey is a close match.

NYC_George

Very nice job!...Reminds me of the Boyer Candy Company near the Railroader's Museum in Altoona, Pa......................(Am off to get a Mallo-Cup!)

Back