Trying out a micro layout (or close to one).

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

GuilfordRailman

I’ve completed the initial detail work on the main structural components of the Bakery complex, as well as the painting and weathering of the bulk storage tanks. This particular kit comes with many smaller detail parts which will take some time to paint, weather and glue on, so I’ll be tackling that here and there when I have time.

15748F88-3F83-4337-AE38-15F3231F8465.jpeg

My main goal is to complete the primary structures themselves first and come back to the detail work a little later on. Up next is the gas station and auto repair shop:)

GuilfordRailman

Another slow week of progress for me unfortunately. Work comes first (even though trains are far more important). I have managed to prime the main components of the auto repair facility/gas station. I would have painted it already but I’m having trouble deciding on a color. The look I’m going for with the scene using this structure is an older, more run down auto repair shop with a brand new gas station under construction. (The owners are hoping it’ll bring in more revenue). I’m sure soon enough something will inspire me!

C179A82C-1DBC-46CB-97DE-123D5CF9A1A3.jpeg

On a different note, I decided I’d spend some time getting the tedious work done of removing the fine detail components for the bakery complex with sprue nippers and sanding/filing the parts. I also went ahead and pre-assembled some of the parts as recommended by the instructions. This Sicken Tire Co. structure kit by Woodland Scenics has A LOT of parts for such a small kit! It’ll look great tho when it’s completed:)

9E839079-3BC7-423A-84A8-0FDA35E8A053.jpeg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.