tooter goes big time...

Hey Rico, :)

I think I'll leave everything at grade for obvious reasons... ;)

[YOUTUBE]N_foylWV1gw[/YOUTUBE]

I'm in absolute AWE of skills and patience like that! :eek:

Note that it runs on compressed air and is not actually gasoline powered because there's no ignition system... but what a feat of engineering!:)

Just started roughing in a seat/toolbox and an open hardware bin for the Maintenence of Way pull car... :)

IMG_5574.jpg

Magnets make excellent wheel chocks to keep it from rolling away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did some serious planning and surveying for the right of way... :)

3657e649.jpg

The MOW car already got put into service as a rollling tool and hardware bin. Also actually laying out the rails to make sure they'll fit in with the features in the yard, and when they don't, I simply chop them up with a Sawzall. ;)

Got a set of crossbucks to put on a 4x4 post so I won't be liable if anyone gets run over. ;)
They're supposed to go together the other way

b13a0584.jpg

This is looking uphill to where the line meets the wye...

IMG_5577.jpg

And this is where the line goes up the hill and around the propane tank...

IMG_5578.jpg

You may need to put in a few more ties. :rolleyes:

Seriously, is that door the access to the basement you dug out and the smaller train layout?

Yes it is. :)
While the door is only 4 feet tall, you step down inside where the ceiling is 6 feet high.

Follow along in the next installment as Tooter raids that propane tank to build his first "Tooter Tanker"!
(Just use a hacksaw Greg... not a cutting torch!)

I can already see the industrial accident with an overturned tooter tanker and hazmat teams spraying foam everywhere... ;)

Made some more progress on the MOW cart...

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5583.jpg

IMG_5584.jpg

The drive gear comes tomorrow, so I'll be taking it to a machine shop this week to adapt it for an unintended use. ;)

The layout is starting to take shape... :)

bc567e03.jpg

I emptied all the tools out of the cart and ran it down the hill on the longer track. It wants to go around the curves on two wheels because of the high center of gravity seating position, but the seat has to be where it is so that you have a place to put your legs. I think the only real solution will be to control the descents with braking. The brake kits and drive gear are still both on order.

Back