The Return of the D&J Railroad

Ken, terrific news about your wife. I still love that laser level. :) I use my Workmate all the time also but I think you take the prize for the biggest level I've ever seen. :eek:

Getting around to checking track curvature and had to pull out the box of flex track from the former D&J Railroad that was stored away. Somehow, this little old SD70 was attracted to it and had to just get close. That's ok, since it's been closed up for about 4years.

Boxoftrack.png

yeah, things have slowed down quite a bit because of my wifes cardiac issues. To much noise, dust, needs me to do things. I have been able to sneak down there and do a little work now and then. I'll have the next picture of progress in a few days.

Thanks for sharing your progress with us, definately looks like a well engineered layout coming together, and I am looking forward to your future updates!

It is with heavy heart but precious memories that I inform you guys of the passing of my wife Wendy this past Monday. As I had mentioned earlier, she was having cardiac issues and was under her doctors care. She was at home alone when she suffered a heart attack. The lord took her quickly and I found her when I came home mid day.
My heart is very heavy now as we had been married only 7 years. My wife before Wendy died in my arms at home in 2001. Both, Godly women.

I don't know what I will be doing now as I have a lot to think over. I'm sure the D&J Railroad will certainly take a back burner and a possible dismantaling in order to sell the house and move on.

I will check in here from time to time, but my heart just isn't in it anymore as it was just a week ago.
God bless you all.

Wendy.png

Wendy Meade
1956 - 2009

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, my gosh, Ken, that's awful news. :( My wife died of leukemia in 2004 so I know a little of what you're going through. There are no words that can sooth your soul now except that God has a reason for everything even we don't want it and don't understand it. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep in touch with us, even if it's just to stay connected to your friends here.

It's been over a couple years now. I have been through some tremendous emotional issues over Wendy's death but things have finally smoothed out and I think I'm getting back into my life's interests.
I sold the house that was in the beginning of this thread in May 2011 and have bought a rambler with a full basement.
I'm logged in under a different user name on the forum now because I can't find the log in info for D&J Railroad and my e-mail address is different so I can't recover the password from the forum here.
The D&J Railroad will rise again. I have a 2064 square foot basement to build it in. Utilities and stairway are in the center of the basement. The photo shows the basement as 35' wide and 52' long. The circles are included to represent turning radii. The largest is 8' and the smaller ones are 48".
I recently started putting up the studs for the walls and plan for an around the basement layout with a couple of pennisulas for added running.
I will probably start a new thread to present the progress as this new model railroad grows.

Basement.png

Ken
President and CEO, D&J Railroad

Last edited by a moderator:

Back