The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top of the morning to you all,
a very nice sunny day it is to,

have any of you seen this before, at first it look's very confusing but just read it and it makes complete sense:confused:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was
rdinaeg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to
rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy is...it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr
the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and

lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you

can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos

not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Steve B said:
...have any of you seen this before, at first it look's very confusing but just read it and it makes complete sense:confused:
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was
rdinaeg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to
rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy is...it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr
the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and
lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you
can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos
not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?
That's an interest point Steve! Many public school systems in my country have been using the "whole-word" approach to teach reading for the last 30 years. That's one of several reasons my children were home-educated for the earlier grades.

Good Morning All:

Well Rex, I just received my invoice from Loy's Toys and my Tsuanimis are in so the check is in the mail to get them. I've got a PFM ATSF 2-10-2 that I'm painting and the decoders are comming at the right time. I may have it ready to go when the decoders get here, but I must admit I haven't been upstairs in over 2 months.

The invitation is still open to go to the LSR convention and let Carol visit the daughter while we go suffer in San Antonio. The LSR conv is the week ahead of the SER conv so you can make both of them. (HA HA HA like retired people have that much money)

Have a blessed day
Bob

Bob,
Good to see you. I take it all is well after Rita? I had dropped you an email
just before the storm, but I assumed you had already headed for safer ground.

Glad to hear about the Tsunami's. You know, after all the time I waited for them to be released, now that they have been, I am about to start a major
layout project... out with old, in with the new. Now, I don't need the decoders
at the moment. Oh well, I'll get my hands on one after the new layout is up
and running.

Keep in touch, Dave

Glad to see you in Teffy haven't seen you in either shop in a long time sounds all is doing well for you thou.

Not to much happening here just stoppe din to say hi

Hello everyone!
I am still in the recovery mode from such a big and fun filled day with the ARG (Alabama Rail Gang). If you haven't opened the thread in the General section, please do and see the fun we had. Fellows, it's easy to get one of these things going in your area. Just remember to keep it simple, layout size doesn't matter or even if you have one. Keep the main purpose as a gathering of MR's for friendship. Operating sessions are only a plus and can be from total chaos (like mine) to structured. Man, what fun!! (and no one cares if they have to step over 2x4's or dodge tools)

HIYA Bob: Glad to see you here. Don't think that I'll be going to the show in San Antonio. That would be a heck of a car trip for me. Now, if you would send your Lear to pick me up I would be happy to pack my suitcase;) :D . Glad you're going to get your Tsunami's soon. If you have any problem programming the long address, let me know and I will try to help.

Fergie/NZKen: Another gearmotor choice for you is at this site:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&ItemId=1611577006&ccitem=
This motor has a .5 RPM, but if you control it with a cheap mobile decoder you can slow it down to where you can barely see it turn. I use it on my CMR TT and I believe Bob has this one as well. Also, it's quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another weekend comes and goes...

It's almost time for some shut-eye so I'd better make this a quick post...

Well, even though I always say I envy you 'Bama guys living so close to one another, I probably would've had to opt out of any ARG-like activities even if given the chance. I'm snatching every available moment of 'free' time trying to get this layout train-ready, and I keep discovering all these 'little things' that I'd forgotten about that must be done (like installing 7 grade crossings). Been testing and re-testing mill track. I wonder if I'll ever actually finish this thing...

The wind has been howling like crazy here in MD the last 36 hours, however my electricity never goes out anymore because I bought a generator and had an elaborate [read: expen$ive] switchover circuit installed - kind of a Murphys Law "inverse" scenario :rolleyes:

Those of you who have MLK Day off [I don't], enjoy!

Sayonara

Hey Ken, we're not all that nearby. I put over 200 miles on the car yesterday:eek:. I understand where you are coming from with having so much to do on your layout. I thought the same for a long time, but after some encouragement from Cjcrescent decided to get out and meet with other MR's and experience a little of the social aspects of this great hobby. I don't know that I would like the politics of a club, but everything the ARG does is very informal and relaxed and a great way to compare notes and heck...it's only once a month;) .:)

Last edited by a moderator:
luct said:
Hello. Nice place you have here. I'm new to this forum, but I recognised many from other places.
Hello Luc and WELCOME! I remember you from across the street, I'll be Fergie invited you over here!;)

I prefer this place (MrF) because the WHOLE SITE is like what the Coffee Shop is by itself on the MR site - i.e., like I'm always among friends. More decorum, less flaming.

Morning guys, Flo...LARGE COFFEE, please.

The weather is going up and down more then a Yo-Yo in these parts. Must be typical Illinois weather again.

Nice to see some new faces in here.

I think this week will be wiring week on the ole railroad. I need to power all those pesky frogs, and look at getting a decent buss wiring system in place.

Didn't see a Weekend Photo Fun thread :(

luct said:
Hello.

Nice place you have here. I'm new to this forum, but I recognised namy from other places.

Oh Gawd Wh left the door open!:mad:

:p

Not I, said the blind man as he walked into the wall. Welcome Luct! This is more of a seniors place where things are rather mellow and quiet. You buying?

Well not much on the go. Spent the morning scrubbing paint from rails. Taking Dad out to his place and then a quick trip to Cdn Tire.

Well I'd better get at it

Later all

Fergie

PS Luct the Donuts are for show only!

Hi Luct and a big Welcome to 'ya! Have a cup and a steak on Fergie.:D

Glad to see a lot of activity on this forum the last few days. Isn't it nice to have a peaceful and friendly home.:rolleyes: Did I miss the photo post somewhere? I always look forward to that. Grandeman, can't you do 10 things at once?:p

Today is busy with finishing off the plaster work I did last week. Trying to get it painted and the rock faces completed over at Sawmill Ridge. Then maybe I can get enough done to get to the 'work-work' of signaling. Thanks to guys on the forum, I believe that I have enough resources to get going with this huge hobby within a hobby...but there will still be many questions coming.

The room-building in the lower garage is on temporary hold. My daughter and husband want to sell their popup camper that is only a year old and I may need the space, if I buy it from them. If so, I already have some EXPANSION ideas in the area I use now. I have plenty of room, but it would take away some of the work area. Signals first! Signals first! I have to keep telling myself that:eek: :D

Do you guys ever have the problem that I do that while working along on the layout, all of a sudden a grand idea pops to mind...and you would rather do it than complete what you are doing? Gads! I have things all over that still need to be finished:eek: :D

Hello Luct have a seat old friend, we have a better cook in here don't we guys,
been doing some GIF'ing today, this is my first attempt at it useing MS Paint, it's a free lance thing, i like to think it's a short wheelbase yard switcher with tons of grunt
125967761.gif

RexHea said:
Do you guys ever have the problem that I do that while working along on the layout, all of a sudden a grand idea pops to mind...and you would rather do it than complete what you are doing? Gads! I have things all over that still need to be finished:eek: :D

Like that city passenger station extension of yours? Just when you already had heaps too do!!

Well I'm near the end of the helix /workshop room, I thought I'd do it before any layout work started, or it would never get done.LOL

Ken.

Hello all,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

RT pointed me to this side of the road. For those who don't know. I am building a small 4 X 8 table. The town is call called Gloetown and the G & L RR delivers/pick ups rail traffic from NearCity though Gloetown Junction to and from the small industries in town.

This is my first crack at MR modelling and I thought I would start with someting relatively small and simple to learn the various facets of the hobby. My primary goal it to have fun.

Fergie - for you my friend, I'll buy. This time.... hehehe!!!!

Let me get the perpetual coffee pot going
Potofcoffeepouring.gif

Happy MRRing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back