The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSX_road_slug said:
There's a thread on the Other Side that epitomizes, for me, exactly the reason why I came over to this forum on October 1 and made it my primary hangout. Somebody posted an umpteenth rant about rising prices in the MRR hobby, and predictably, it attracted the full range of responses, personality types and flame wars. It's generating enough heat to offset those high Alagasco prices you 'Bama guys are coping with! Threads such as that one do NOT enhance my enjoyment of the hobby one bit, too bad people can't just let it die a natural death.

Thats one reson I keep saying, this is a great forum.
Well the bench work for my 4'x8' layout is finished. I built it for my N scale empire, but so far I been running my HO trains on it ! I feel like a kid in a candy store, starting my first layout. BTW has anyone bought the 1:87 scale cars from Wal-Mart ? I've bought about forty so far. Well, I better get back to the trains.

Everyone take care.

Stan.

Ken

I popped over to that other place today, it felt like I was at a loud convention about home stereos ;) I find myself sitting here and hitting the Atlas N scale forum and trainboard's n forum, that's about it.

Stan, get those monsters off your N gauge empire :)

BMRR said:
BTW has anyone bought the 1:87 scale cars from Wal-Mart ? I've bought about forty so far. Well, I better get back to the trains.

Everyone take care.

Stan.

Bought 5 more in Arizona!

Oh got my Walthers Pulpwood truck from eBay today, now to start carving the Chassis of the truck up, for an extended frame Semi cab, then to carve at the trailer to make it look moke like the newer ones used in MI, and make a new cab to match!

*sigh*

Edit Notice the boxes say malibuinternationaltoys.com yet the site does NOT exist? GRRRR, oh and my LHS had the Model power versions for $3.98, might get some of the ones I can't find, most of what I saw I have allready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin Sabrina, cuppa coffee, and a hot bowl of buttered grits please!

RexHea said:
Gosh CJ! I didn't know running the C&O on my layout would be so simple:rolleyes: . Don't know about hiring CJ Engineering. I've heard they had a lot of Auburn grads.:p I may soon have to hire some locals though and may need a rent-a-crew outfit.

KenL:
I honestly don't know if they pooled in the 50's or not. But, heck! The BC&W will do anything to make a buck.;)

Rex; I'm surprised at that comment!!!:mad: You know I only hire from the best! They're all from Georgia Tech!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: Besides I just said their knuckles only dragged the ground. I never said they walked on them!!!:D:D:D:D

KenL; There wasn't any pooling in steam days that I am aware of, because steamers were "custom" built for the ordering roads, and tended to stay on the property. However, I do know that they would venture "off" property, temporarily, via trackage rights. If your railroad has a direct interchange with another RR, you could grant that RR trackage rights onto your property to go to a certain location and then back to their property.

Stan; Great man that you got something started! Better watch running the HO on that N-scale empire. Next ya know the N will be gone!

BTW has anyone bought the 1:87 scale cars from Wal-Mart ? I've bought about forty so far.

Yea! My Wal Marts finally started carrying them. They were pretty much sold out when I found them, but they have more on order and are going to continue to stock them. You know, I compared one of them to a car that I paid $8 for and the bottom frame was identical. The only major difference was the $8 car's hood came up (Big Deal!).

Eric: As far as I know now, the 14th sounds good for me. What's the plan? I will probably meet with CJ and come up together.

CJ: Are you getting about ready to come over and play? You will have to leave Vinnie the Fin and his zoot suit at home. "He's not from around here, is he!":D

Stan: You might want to take David's advice. You should know that HO is contagious

RexHea said:
CJ: Are you getting about ready to come over and play? You will have to leave Vinnie the Fin and his zoot suit at home. "He's not from around here, is he!":D

Rex; No, he ain't from 'round heah. He be frum 'Lanta.:D

Evening all, big familly party last night and were still eating leftovers, anyone fancy a stale buttie,
bought a new car today, not brand new just new to me, the CFO gave in and let me have the money,,,i got a 1985 Audi Quattro, a rare old beast of a car, this one has been well looked after by past owners and will quallify for classic insurance etc, best of all it only cost £500, a steal as they normally go for £1500 upwards

Pour me something tall n' strong...!

Evening y'all,

I'm not a happy camper tonight [even though I am glad Johnny's out of the hospital]: I just discovered that my ore bridge is too long to fit beside the blast furnace :eek: My options - none of them pleasant - are (1) rip up the existing dock track, re-lay it and re-wire it; (2) get rid of the skip hoist and make it a conveyor-fed furnace; or (3) cut a 2-inch section off the end of the ore bridge, so it'll clear the skip hoist. I'm leaning toward option #3, since that is the least time-consuming and the ore bridge will still look believable after the surgery. This is the kind of thing that happens when you attempt to scratchbuild an ore bridge while your blast furnace is disassembled and packed away in a remote location.

Carey - you've certainly confirmed my suspicions [about non-pooling of steam power]. Condolences about the vandalized train display, just be glad you've got something those idiots don't have: a real life!

Steve - Congrats, great news on the Audi - I remember a few months back when you won the bidding for one of those on eBay and the seller reneged, now you finally got what you wanted!

Well, time to dig out the ol' Dremel, I've got work to do...toodles!

Steve B said:
anyone fancy a stale buttie,

Steve, there's some differences in the English language with us Yanks. :D

Congrats on the Audi. As a product of the 80's, it sounds great to me. :)

Ken, Good luck with the ore bridge surgery. I'm absolutely positive that you can pull it off in a convincing manner.

Well hey guys, the Wal*mart in Poway (just north of me here) has a TON of the 1:87 cars, mostly the Porche's and stuff like that, but I DID get another '55 Bel Air, I got two yellow & white ones and a black & white one. I one's going to my dad for his layout... I LOVE those cars!

Anyways, check out my Baggage car thread.

They're called Malibu International, manufactured by High Speed, also sold as Model Power cars... I've mostly been finding higher priced sports cars and stuff, never seen anything else, minus the Bel Airs... Check the area in Wal*mart where they have those "kid power" boxed cars and motorcycles, they should be hiding in that area.

Morning all just got done putting a new electronic reverse in a lionel 4-4-2 steam engine and as I stated in the other forum it will probally take me longer to put back together than do the acual job and yes 5 minutes to do job 15 to put back together seeing I had to do it 3 times lol 1st mistake cover hole for top screw with piece of tape had to completely take apart to fix that problem second mistake forgot to reconect rear trailing wheels and hitch for tender again had to take completely apart to put back in . oh well thats life. engine runs fine now.

I'll just have a sprite and a couple of doughnuts please Flo already had a big breakfast accross the tracks sorry promise next time I eat breakfast out it will be here.

well talk to you all later

Hello All,

Flo, start the Defibulator!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: STAT!!!!! Keep your eye on me, if I start to fall, RUN!!!

I'm thinkin' I need to start exercising more. Nope that thought passed qiuckly. This little ditty is just to wish you all the best, most healthy and prosperous New Year ever.

Stay safe and watch out for the idiots.

Johnny

Morning everyone

Just got done fixing a broken fuel line on the railfan van, what a pain in the #$@%%#...

I did notice when I was at the auto parts store (Auto Parts Plus II) they had some close to n scale cars and some HO scale classic cars, like a Mustang Boss, etc, they are made by some company called Hot Rod, or maybe that's the magazine? They looked pretty detailed and sharp. I have noticed that before when I go there, they have different diecast cars, usually in HO.

Hi gang, hope you're all having an enjoyable New Years Eve!

Solving that problem I was complaining about last night, turned out to be relatively painless. I simply Dremeled-off the excess length on the ore bridge span.

Well it appears I stepped on somebody's toes over in the Weathering Department today - OOPS! Guess a few of these ultra-artistic types don't have much sense of humor...:confused:

Uh-oh, I'm being summoned to supper by none other than the CFO herself - I dare not delay!:D

Ken glad it became a painless opperation to correct the bridge size. Hope my task monday isn't any harder I have to remove a drop in stove and put a new one in . for an elderly freind of the family.

Well hope all have a Happy and Safe Newyear

Ken
Seems like we both did! :p:p The topic is locked now. I didn't even get to amaze them with a final earth shattering logical statement!:rolleyes::rolleyes: (As if anything I say is logical!;);))

Cjcrescent said:
Ken
Seems like we both did! :p:p The topic is locked now. I didn't even get to amaze them with a final earth shattering logical statement!:rolleyes::rolleyes: (As if anything I say is logical!;);))

CJ/Ken, you didn't step on any toes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back