The 60/40 Layout And Other Railway Related Things

Went on my favourite auction site, and saw this Athearn SD40-2 with factory fitted sound, put in a stupid offer ($60) and it was accepted !!!!!, I feel bad now as I know it's worth more.

1713897719193.png

1713897764649.png

Also waiting for this to arrive from Canada.

1713898342098.png

The two locomotives in post #744 have arrived and are very nice, run well and the sound on the SD40 is great too.

Ordered two of these low-sided cars, just cheap Chinese ones for two loads I have sitting around somewhere, unlike the other Evemodels cars I have, these roll like bricks, so some truck tuning will be required.

1714161199239.jpeg

Practically done with these, I need to do some more weathering along the bottom edges of the cars also have to order some more wheelsets, I'm one set short so I used a KD and nope, has quite a bit of drag for some reason that the metal axles don't have, tried the truck tuner and no real difference so I'll wait for the new ones to arrive.

1714324492187.jpeg

Got the loads ready for these cars, I need to find some straps or chains for them.

1714324600095.jpeg

Practically done with these, I need to do some more weathering along the bottom edges of the cars also have to order some more wheelsets, I'm one set short so I used a KD and nope, has quite a bit of drag for some reason that the metal axles don't have, tried the truck tuner and no real difference so I'll wait for the new ones to arrive.

View attachment 186673

Got the loads ready for these cars, I need to find some straps or chains for them.

View attachment 186674
That’s a great looking engine load.

Great job!l

I think it looks great!
If by large you mean weight wise as I recall when hauling them the average prime mover at the time was 40,000 lbs more or less.
I did get some bigger ones that were close to maxing us out, towards 50,000 lbs maybe?

Back