Thanks Giving Weekend Photo Fun 11-27/11-30

Sorry, Crandell, got a little off track there

Ron, that's a nice looking hillside. It looks like different intesities of lighting cause the abrupt color changes but I was wondering the same thing as Josh.

MLW, that's going to be a nice industrial facility when it's done. I never realized how much breweries depended on rail cars until I visited Coors in Golden. They've got their own switchers, what looked to be about a 16 track yard, and tons of covered hoppers and insulated box cars. All I have room for is a crummy little feed mill. :(

V&AL, I've been looking for a way to make realistic ways to make HO scale wreaths and bows without much success either. I assume someone has done it but I've never seen a method. That wedding veil material came out great for the generator car screening. It also makes pretty good looking chain link fencing fabric if you're careful and make sure each section is evenly stretched.

Ron, is it me or do the tree's have color shade lines?

Yes there are shade lines in the trees, because I ran out of one batch of scatter, and used another from Hornby.I,ll go back over it and blend in the areas that stand out. I can get plenty of the Hornby scatter from my LHS, so I,ll not get the same problem again.
Ron

L&A 221 was passing through town this morning.

P1010526.jpg

Jim,

I used to have some wreaths that were perfect. They came from one of those porcelain CHRISTmas towns. They were a hair big for hanging on doors and such, but were perfect for putting on the front of a locomotive, or hanging above main street...

V&AL, I've been looking for a way to make realistic ways to make HO scale wreaths and bows without much success either. I assume someone has done it but I've never seen a method. That wedding veil material came out great for the generator car screening. It also makes pretty good looking chain link fencing fabric if you're careful and make sure each section is evenly stretched.

V&AL, I agree with Jim. The veil looks great. LMAO over the thought of the looks you get from folks when you ask for, or are looking for something like we modelers do. Plenty of experiences here! For a 'first-timer' your cuts on the car are pretty darn good! Nice and straight and in the right places.

Have a good week everyone!!

Johnny

For my own part, I take what I like and leave the rest. I also try to let moderators correct other members if they feel it's needed.

For my own part, I take what I like and leave the rest. I also try to let moderators correct other members if they feel it's needed.
Is that a response to MTRPLS? I'm assuming that all he meant is there's no need to spell it out in caps like he did.

Well, I'm ordering the next batch of Railflyer parts today! :eek::D Now I'll have a pilot & steps for BNSF #7890!

Yes there are shade lines in the trees, because I ran out of one batch of scatter, and used another from Hornby.I,ll go back over it and blend in the areas that stand out. I can get plenty of the Hornby scatter from my LHS, so I,ll not get the same problem again.
Ron
Good, so it wasn't just my eyes! It actually looks good, not all tree's are the same color!

Is that a response to MTRPLS? I'm assuming that all he meant is there's no need to spell it out in caps like he did.

Yes, hence my own personal view that I take what I like and leave the rest. I don't feel the need to tell other forum members what they should and shouldn't do. If I think a post is offensive, I report it to the mods and leave any action up to them. At any rate, things like this are better handled in a PM than on the forum.

Still working on stripes...
Pan Am Boxcar, MEC 32026, getting replacement reflective stripes. These ones actually reflect! The darker yellow stripe above the M is the painted on version (Athearn car), the lower two are the real reflective tape.
mec32026_01.jpg

Back