Take a Train to Work day--- Did you?

SSW

Did you take any trains to work for 2008 Take a Train to Work day yesterday? It's part of the Worlds Greatest Hobby "National Model Railroad Month"

Here's the setup I had at my desk at work.

Nice setup!
I didn't take a train to work but I did inspect a caboose... does that count?

Yesterday, Friday? I didn't work, well I did, but I departed for work at 4PM Thursday. Not to mention, its kind of hard, to take a train when you sit in a patrol unit all day.

Maybe I was under a rock, but I had not even heard about it until today. I would have had I known and had I not been taking a vacation day on Friday.

IF you mean Did I take a train to work, no I work at home. If mean did I carry a train to work, no but I have 4 locos in my office. Then again, I do all my work over the phone and haven't had a walk-in client yet.

I'm RETIRED, but, I ran a Yard sale for a friend & had some of my engines there for sale.
So, I guess you can say"I took a train to work day."

Larry

I take a train to work every day, and another back home.

Usually its one of these sh*t boxes.

_376_002passLBplat2.JPG

Larry, when they are crush loaded (daily) they feel like they were built in HO scale. :mad: The Class 376 is generally regarded as the worst commuter unit in the UK for the past 30 years!

I totally forgot about "Take a train to work day", but I did have a copy of Model Railroader that I shared......:D

i work for an airline, and i have an N scale GP38 and a couple of rolling stock on top of my monitor at work. with that and all the train pics on myscreensaver, people are always asking why i dont work for the railroad instead...so, in a way, i already have trains at work.

I didn't have work on Friday.. I didn't even end up going to class. Shame on me, yes.

The closest I came was seeing the local freight switcher doing its thing.

Never even heard about it. Since I'm retired, I guess it is kind of irrelevant anyway. Nice display though, Bradley.

Josh, sounds you got that federal job. Did you have to go through taser training yet? If not, it's a lot of fun. :D

I have in the past but not on this week. I have shown my coworkers several of my engines including some of my larger steam and a few of my larger Diesel locomotives. There is one of our drivers who has radio controlled aircraft, and another that had rc cars. He sits in his truck and runs the car from the cab a screws with people walking around the truck stops.

Josh, sounds you got that federal job. Did you have to go through taser training yet? If not, it's a lot of fun. :D
Not yet, we've got a few years before we get ours. We get a Radar back next month!! Go figure we be the only police department w/o radar... :confused:

Josh, in the ancient days before radar, we had to learn how to pace cars to get a speed reading. We had certified speedometers and that was as close as we came to automation. I think radar makes the average police officer lazy. Just set up and then watch the digital readout. At least we were always on the road and ran across a lot of other crimes while trying to get speeders.

Why don't you guys have tasers? I wouldn't be on the street without one today. You do have body armor, right?

I thought about it a few weeks ago but didn't follow up to find out what day it occurs. Only one other modeler at work and the rest couldn't really care less.

Back