steel & scrap ideas you may like

I didn't have that kind of room for steel scrap, but I did try to make reference to it in my steel mill scene. I have a blast furnace, a rolling mill, and a EAF (electric arch furnace). Next the EAF I provided an unloading/loading track for scrap steel that will be used in my EAF.

metal scrap pile, and steel mill switcher.jpg

metal scrap pile and track for electric furnace.jpg

I imagine I will have several different 'bins' for the scrap steel,...and maybe a small crane with a magnetic wand to move scrap off and onto the cons for movement into the EAF.

That little switcher engine is a primary one for the mill.

On the output side of the rolling mill will be several tracks for finished steel products, pipe, coil rolls, etc.

I bought them,...I think it was the gentleman's daughter that had them at our flea market here in St Aug that is no longer operating. I will sell a couple of them at the price I paid.

My thoughts was that it had to be quite an effort to collect all those misc parts,...then arrange them in a scene, ....then weather them

I'm just not going to have too much space for them on my layout.

If I modeled in HO, I'd take them off your hands. I appreciate the effort that went into those scenes, and would love to have those in N scale for layout. I'd find a space for them.

Back