Recharge time--

L-R

Somewhere in that mass of bush WAS a spur--behind old dairy plant Woodstock ON

Warehouse/offices--Woodstock ON

A couple of pseudo fancy elevator shots-- Mitchell ON

Some odds and ends--

L-R

Old car shop--now St. Thomas RR museum, St Thomas ON

Not so old Ethanol plant--built, then abandoned after a few months--OOPS St. Thomas ON:confused:

A type of car puller --- unknown location---my own OOPS

A few more of those odd things

L-R

Elora ON---industrial ruins

Near Monkton ON--interior shot from outside old elevator--:rolleyes:

Near St. Mary's ON. Some farms grainbins are bigger than some elevators:)

St.Mary's Cement plant--St Mary's ON

Some St Mary's cement shots--The LLOOONNGG conveyor crossed the road we were on and went approximately 1800 feet to a lower quarry on the other side of that road----:eek::D:D

Might be interesting to see about a few more things here

L-R

St. Mary's Cement, some farms have HUGE granaries, Brussels ON feed store/mill, another farm based elevator site

I'm throwing a few more out:eek::D:D

These are from Goderich ON harbour area. The bridge seen is now part of a rail trail that was done from an old CN ROW that used to have to jump over that river and the surrounding bluffs there. The elevator here is still in use---:):)

Awesome pics of all those industries!!! omg!

Love that rock quarry... because that's one of my industries on my new layout.

Also, that last pic with the ocean shot, that's really cool. I can see the unit train there. What is that, a coal mine near the ocean?

Awesome pics of all those industries!!! omg!

Love that rock quarry... because that's one of my industries on my new layout.

Also, that last pic with the ocean shot, that's really cool. I can see the unit train there. What is that, a coal mine near the ocean?

Tnx much---

That's the Sifto salt mine at Goderich harbour on Lake Huron. The Hoist houses are practicly the center piece of that set up.:eek::D

Barry, I've really missed seeing your pictures. That one of the old feed store with the sagging front sidewalk cover would make a really nice model.

I found a few things too---

L-R Exeter doppler radar near Exeter ON, Feed store near Winthrop ON, A little clearer overall picture of the Sifto saltmine at Goderich ON

BK, those are some great photos. Looks like it must have been an industry that supported a lot of jobs in its time. Is the building in the last picture a municipal building now? I noticed the police cars in the parking lot.

Barry, any idea what the boat is in the third picture of the harbor scenes? I've never seen anything quite like it before.

UP2CSX, no. It is not a municipal building. From my understanding the cops just park cars there. The pig pen is across the road behind me while taking some of the pictures. I am not sure who did the mural but I do know the city is fairly progressive when it comes to adding statues and stuff to make downtown interesting. So I would imagine it was done by a group with the city. The brick building is owned by the same guy who owns the elevator. It was all part of the same industry.

Back