Show us your snow and MOW equipment!

Littlefoot14

Lets see those spreaders and rotary plows, ballast tempers and other assorted snow removal and MOW equipment that keeps things moving on your layout :D

Hey good topic LF, there's sure to be some great photos showing up!
I don't have any pics of my snowplows (camera's kaput!) but here's a couple of the old layout getting ripped up, and I might have one of my Jordans here somewhere.

Here is a quick shot...

rdsrr_01.jpg

Well, we don't (hardly) get any snow down here and I have no MOW equipment. Maybe it's time for me to look for some. Nice stuff, Dan and Rico.

I have just one crane on my layout, so far, its the Athearn one that seems to have been around for years. However I borrowed an idea from the Altoona Railroaders Museum, and used a cut down mail car as a tender to the crane.
Ron

i have an undecorated walthers russell plow assembled somewhere. Also attempted a walthers jordan spreader. Haven't come close to finishing it. Want to customize it and kitbash a large cabin like you see on Union Pacifics jordan spreaders.

Division point office and loading track
DSCN2604.jpg

Branch shops and MOW equipment
DSCN2605.jpg

Main yard office and MOW point
DSCN2606.jpg

DSCN2607.jpg

Jordan Spreader
DSCN2608.jpg

Sperry railcar
DSCN2609.jpg

Hook and box car
DSCN2611.jpg

(need to pull out my sidewinder dozers as well)

Here is a old blacksmith car I build and weathered as a "learning" car. I've got no real need for this as I don't model this area but it was fun to weather.

DSC_0251.png

Here you can see the real coal I used on the car.
DSC_0249.png

DSC_0245.png

DSC_0244.png

Dave

it was build by some one picked it up at a train show a long time ago dont know details on it. has an athearn drive with SW7 trucks

my mow train consists of daul bachmen diesels a caboose a 250 ton crane a spotlight car and the car for the cranes boom to rest on all of it has the reading roadname on it. i would post pics but i lost my camera and my phone doesnt send the pics most of the time like it is supposed to do

Walthers makes the sperry car.

I kinda bought a crane on an impulse buy. I bought a Walthers POWERED American Crane. Roadname is SP. If anyone wants it, let me know and maybe we can work something out. The crane is powered, and runs OK (the brass wheels have corroded so you may want to swap out the outer axles for intermountains or something for more reliable power pickup). It is unbuilt.

can we get pics and a price range or what would you trade me for i have some new old stock atlas number six switches and a lifetime supply of atlas bridge piers or i have some other kits that i would barter with i also have some older kits and an ahm mail car new in package let me know thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Back