Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2022 taxes have been filled!

I'm going to celebrate with hotdogs and succotash!

All that money for a congress that can't do anything.
1697222576033.png

Good evening all. Whilst I was cooking dinner, Dawn had a bottle of scotch delivered? Apparently she had £8.00 voucher off any food or drink delivered. A bottle of whisky seems appropriate. So if my tryping goes haywire you know why. (hic)

Managed to cook chicken and vegetables with a chive sauce. No complaints from Dawn. :)

On the layout I am having challenges with the new street scene. I will solve it (eventually).
I have ordered some railway carriages. Hopefully they arrive before Christmas.

The literal definition of Jihad - Struggle

In the Quran it is often used to mean the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.

I've read the Quran, I never found anything to suggest the modern interpretation of Jihad - a struggle against the enemies of Islam.

Although I am no Hafiz, a person who has memorized the Quran.

I edited the post to show the Islamic spelling "Quran" out of respect for any Muslim who may be reading this post.

Last edited:
Good evening all. Whilst I was cooking dinner, Dawn had a bottle of scotch delivered? Apparently she had £8.00 voucher off any food or drink delivered. A bottle of whisky seems appropriate. So if my tryping goes haywire you know why. (hic)

Managed to cook chicken and vegetables with a chive sauce. No complaints from Dawn. :)

On the layout I am having challenges with the new street scene. I will solve it (eventually).
I have ordered some railway carriages. Hopefully they arrive before Christmas.
If i had chicken and vegetables with whiskey sauce l wouldn't be complaining either😃

The "rock-haulers"
Willie I may be a Dump Trucker but I’m a Dirt Dobber not a rock hauler much. I mostly haul dirt and when I first got the job I was told a strick rule you sweep all dirt off the sideboards and top of the tail gate and tarp. I’ve always done this prior to this job when Dump trucking back in the mid 90s just a curiosity I hate broken windshields always was thinking of the other guy.

Last edited:
i still haven't figured out how to post photos on this thing but here are a few more. The first is me and my grandson Malakai. the second is my daughter and grand daughter with the baby, Makiah. The last is my son Casey and the baby.

Bozeman has really gone to hell. I can't believe how crowded it has gotten and how bad the traffic is. The roads just can't handle all of the traffic even with all of the road expansion that has been going on. Even the roads that are/were used for shortcuts were crowded. My son said "welcome to Bozeman". It's like that all the time now.

When I moved back home in the 70's, the population of Bozeman was about 18,000 and the entire county at 38,200. Fast forward and Bozeman is at 54,500 and the county at 122,700. I was so glad to get out of there. I feel bad for my son and his family being stuck there for the time being. He had found a house here in Libby but the mortgage rates had jumped past 7% and he doesn't want to be house poor with everything else costing more.

Time to feed my girls and get my dinner going.

LATER
20230920_170045.jpg
20230921_163132.jpg
20230921_153353.jpg

My 2022 taxes have been filled!

I'm going to celebrate with hotdogs and succotash!

All that money for a congress that can't do anything.
View attachment 175349

I need to do mine. I did them preliminarily back in April so I could estimate what I needed to send in but was waiting for some documents from my side businesses (yes I am responsible for getting those documents created). I got those done in September so need to update my 2022 taxes and file and probably pay a little :(

Well, howdy there internet people, and those running for Speaker of the House (Don't laugh, you could be next!)

It's Troy again...

Logan's Roadhouse (regional steak place) sent us a $5 off of $25 (pre tax, no booze)... and the two of us hit 30 in a single meal, so no problems there. Went and had a good 6oz sirloin. I always order Medium on my steaks... because tonight's came out on the rare side of Medium Rare. You never know at the cheap roadhouses... Still good. Better than the time or two that it comes out needing ketchup and a trip to the former POTUS who likes to eat shoe leather for steak...

Found a recipe for scones online. Talked the wife into making them tomorrow. Some Brit friends introduced me to the idea of scones, and I hear American ones just aren't all that. Of course, we don't have clotted cream to spread on them. So I'll settle for a glaze of icing.

Oh, and I'm making a sweet potato beef stew tomorrow. Crockpot time.

We're supposed to be getting our new French entry doors in the condo tomorrow. This is a single-man operation who does weekends to get his grandson out to help him on Saturdays. He's terrible at communicating .... we set the date up three weeks ago, and I haven't heard a peep from him since. We'll see if he shows. Everyone says he's reliable, but very quiet until he has something to say. Even in making a confirmation call/text to ensure his client is home to rip out and replace their doors.

Oh, and a reminder since we're in the joking about flu shot season... Vaccines: their job is not to prevent you from becoming infected, but that is the net result for the vast majority.

Vaccinations (for the most part) are to keep you from becoming hospitalized with severe illness if you do get infected.

Kinda like polio... 7 out of 10 people infected with it are asymptomatic. And only a small handful of those who do show symptoms go beyond the fever and mild symptoms. But the Vaxine was invented because of how bad those handful of cases each year were. You don't want severe polio. The same with influenza, pneumonia, etc. The vaccines teach your body to fight it off and keep you out of the ICU.

Found a recipe for scones online. Talked the wife into making them tomorrow. Some Brit friends introduced me to the idea of scones, and I hear American ones just aren't all that. Of course, we don't have clotted cream to spread on them. So I'll settle for a glaze of icing.
?

No clotted cream? Slice the scones. Butter each half with real butter. Top with a dollop of good quality strawberry jam.

You will want to make more!!!

Evening all,

Our floors are done as is the boy's floors.
20231013_160749.jpg

Now I've got his quarter round to install. Once again the pin nailer will make quick work of it. It looks tons better.

I'm tired this evening, but got everything kind of done. It was recommended not to move the boy's appliances back for 24 hours to allow the glue to set.

Everyone have a good night.

Evening all,

Our floors are done as is the boy's floors.

Now I've got his quarter round to install. Once again the pin nailer will make quick work of it. It looks tons better.

I'm tired this evening, but got everything kind of done. It was recommended not to move the boy's appliances back for 24 hours to allow the glue to set.

Everyone have a good night.
Floors are looking good Patrick!

Wifey got sicker from the jabs than I did from the Vid.
For sure. I can attribute some of my discomfort to other sources, but the jabs did a job on the wife. She's a sick girl last night. The disclaimer on the TV ad, for the RSV jab indicates the same reaction is likely to occur. Less certain I still want to get it. Not worth getting sick for something that probably won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back