Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from WIsconsin. The couple we were to visit yesterday for the weekend in Morris, Illinois have Covid. So being a couple hours from home when Terry looked at her text messages we came home. It was great sleeping in my own bed. We start our adventure back up tomorrow in Kenosha, Wi. Tuesday is the Chicago Art Institute and Wednesday still is Ann Arbor, Mi.

The son broke his clavicle Friday on his e-assisted bike. If he needs surgery after he sees the orthopedic surgeon on Monday at least one of us will fly down to help him. Says he only has minor pain that Ibuprofen can handle. He says he is between girlfriends right now so if he needs surgery he will gladly accept our offer of help. He is scrambling to find pilots to handle his charter flights. He has an offer to buy the charter business and has thought of it. Maybe now would be a good time since he can’t fly for awhile depending on Monday’s decision.

enjoy the day

David and Mike: Happy anniversary to you and your wives.

Attempted mowing and just got the front completed. Then went to start the riding mower...battery is now on the charger. Not sure I'll get to it later. I have to go to the big box stores for toilets, trim and a sheet of oak plywood. Projects just keep snowballing. Lol.

Walked over to the Office Depot store, and picked up a pack of 16g thumb drives.

Now downloading MacOS Ventura.

Going to make a boot drive with install files.

Following a vid on how to do it.

If all else fails, I've got my old mac that I can recover from. But it has the old garbage on it, that I'd prefer to avoid loading on this one.

Good morning, Everybody!

Happy Anniversary to David, Mike, and their wives. I wish you many more!

My wife and I were going to be married in October. My ex-wife filed some kind of frivolous motion with the court that delayed our divorce and pushed our wedding back to December. My lawyer said it was a pointless waste of money as the motion was doomed and it was. It's ok she is still wasting the money I earned when we were married. Rather than a long drawn out fight I turned everything over to her. I got my daughter, my dog, and my service truck with tools. That and the peace of mind I bought were more than enough!

On the bright side I love that my Angel and I were married in December. I consider her a Christmas gift from God.

I got my 2022 taxes done finally! I will wait another day to file so that I can review them again for the third time.

Kyle Bradish is pitching for the Birds. The Birds are #1 seed they won't play until 10/7 Bradish should be the starter for 1st game of the Division series.

Ravens @ Cleveland 1pm on CBS - Washington @ Philadelphia 1pm - Miami plays Buffalo, let's see how good the Dolphins really are.

Astros @ Arizona and Texas @ Seattle Let's see if the Astros can win the west!

Enjoy the day Everybody!
1696175842965.png

Good afternoon. It's mostly cloudy and 84.
I found out today my rent has gone up by 8%. I found this out when I got an emailed notice letting me know my authorized autopay did not go through because it was insufficient to cover the rent. I guess I will be late for work tomorrow, while I wait for the office to open here, and ask them WTF? And why they didn't think they might have to let me know about the increase?

Good morning, all! October already. Seems like just yesterday it was September. In my neighborhood the Halloween decorations have been popping up for the last couple of weeks. Man, I hate getting rushed. Costco had Christmas decorations on display in August. Today's agenda is one of my favorites, just go for a drive and see what we see. Aimless, no goal, no destination in mind.

David - Happy Anniversary to you and the wife.
Mike - Happy Anniversary to you and the wife, two, too, also
Smudge - The reason I rebuilt my layout was to get in as much switching as possible.

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good morning, Everybody!

Happy Anniversary to David, Mike, and their wives. I wish you many more!

My wife and I were going to be married in October. --------

I met Dawn on 28th Jan 1977. She worked part time in a hotel I visited.
"Her first words were "Can I help you?"
We dated that weekend.
I went on a cruise.
In March '77 we met again. I proposed and she said 'Yes'.
We married in '77.
The rest is history

Good afternoon. It's mostly cloudy and 84.
I found out today my rent has gone up by 8%. I found this out when I got an emailed notice letting me know my authorized autopay did not go through because it was insufficient to cover the rent. I guess I will be late for work tomorrow, while I wait for the office to open here, and ask them WTF? And why they didn't think they might have to let me know about the increase?
Here in the U.K. you have to be notified by letter of any increase, well before the actual date. You then have the opportunity of acceprting the increase or moving on.

Good Morning All!
48F @ 90% and cloudy. Supposed to get to 65F later and partly.

Wife's BDay is tomorra starting her 69th orbit. Planning to taking her to CDA to 'The Cedars' floating restaurant, then Bennett Bay for sleeping as I do not want to drive home after food. This place has hot tubs in every room so she can get her boobs warm. Stayed a few years back and it was fun.

2 more pieces of sheet rock finishes the East room. Then mud, tape and paint. After that we get to move all of the Daughters stuff from her project room and start demo of that.

Later

Walked over to the Office Depot store, and picked up a pack of 16g thumb drives.

Now downloading MacOS Ventura.

Going to make a boot drive with install files.

Following a vid on how to do it.

If all else fails, I've got my old mac that I can recover from. But it has the old garbage on it, that I'd prefer to avoid loading on this one.
You should also make yourself a LINUX bootable USB stick. Having one of those (and a bootable CD before that) has saved my bacon many a time.
With a Linux stick you'll be able to access almost all the files on the same drive(s) that isn't working for you with Windows. The files should all be there, and you'll be able to save the one's you are working with but haven't backed up--as you should have--and possibly move those files to another PC which is working properly...and keep going.

I got phished one night, realized it immediately and shut down my PC. I knew it was infected, and I was wary of the fact that turning it on again and doing something ELSE stupid, such as logging into my bank accounts might cost me a lot of money as well as a lot of time. Went to the bank and closed one account, opened up a separate account I now use only to transfer funds into the day-to-day account, and I have, since then kept the exposure to this last account as small as I can. So far, so good.

But it took me months to get things set up this way, and I needed to access the PC without causing one of those:

"Greetings! Send $5K to this Bitcoin wallet in the next twenty four hours or I will encrypt every file on your PC. It will cost you $10K for the decryption key after 24 hours...etc.
Oh...and have a nice day!"

....popups where your login entry would normally be*

[* some dirt-cheap or even free keyloggers are sophisticated enough now that the dark forces can snag your Windows login password too].

With a Linux stick, you won't ever need to login at all--just run off the stick. Granted, I don't set up or access email off the stick, but just use the browser and installed apps like Libre Office. Usually enough.

I personally like Linux Mint. FWIW.

Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe it's October already.....I finished my first American airplane today. The decals were a pain!!! Not to mention they are really thick as well.
IMG_20231001_124756.jpg
Here's my completed P-40N. I might touch it up some with paint but it's good as is. My next one will be a P-51B. I'm in a holding pattern until my paint shows up. Hopefully Wednesday this week.
IMG_20231001_130058.jpg
Here's the progress on the P-51. These came as a two plane set. Definitely lack the details one would like. I mentioned my steamer on my last post. It's not spot on prototypical but for $20 can I really complain?
IMG_20231001_130345.jpg
That's all I have for now. I hope everyone has a good day. I'll stop by again when I get a chance.

Afternoon All,

It's been lightly raining here off and on all day.

Started out the day with chores. After that I mounted the 7 dwarf signals on the peninsula and I'm letting the caulk (a little dab) dry overnight. I should hook them up electrically tomorrow. This coming week I have 2 VA appointments and the wife has 1 but I need to drive her.

Smudge- Interesting videos.

David- Happy Anniversary.

Swal- That reminds me of a port visit to Pattaya Beach, Thailand. We anchored out so we needed to use local small boats to get back and forth. The water looked amazing (color and clarity) with tourists playing in it. The operator told us that there was a sewage plant around the bend in the land pumping raw sewage into the water. Nope, not getting in the water. 😲

Willie- Nice painting on the detail parts.

Mike- Happy Anniversary.

TomO- Best wishes for your son.

Todd- Happy Birthday to your wife.

These are photos of my previous FOS REA build.

20231001_104312.jpg

20231001_104329.jpg

20231001_104358.jpg

20231001_104417.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Then I spent an hour trimming and cubing up a pork butt for the overnight dry marinate for making Carnitas in the crock pot today. I used half of the 8 lb hunk of meat, the other half with the bone went into the freezer for pulled pork in the future. My dry marinade consists of a generous measurement of toasted cumin seeds, lots of minced garlic, chopped Jalapenos, a large handful of homegrown Oregano and ground pepper. It will be seared this morning and placed in the crockpot for a slow 6-8 hour cook. Last nights supper was a mushroom/onion gravy smothered pork chop dish, that I varied by searing the pork chops on the grill instead of the skillet on the stovetop. Quite a successful venture. I also cooked a package of hot dogs on the grill as well, since I didn't want to waste all of that charcoal for just 8 minutes of searing! Hot dogs went into the fridge for use later this week.
Willie, my freind you are a gourmet of comfort food! I was getting so hungry and jealous when I read this earlier. All I had was an eye round roast in the oven. I did not even have lighter fuel or enough charcoal to cook it on the Weber Kettle. I would have sworn I had enough of both.

Can you believe that? Me, out of charcoal, sacrilege. I usually buy charcoal around Memorial Day and again before the 4th of July. I did not replenish my supply this 4th of July and it slipped my mind when Labor Day rolled around. I usually have enough to last all winter after the 4th of July. Home Depot has the best deals on charcoal for those holidays and I am cheap.

I don't know what Carnitas are, but they sound good. The gravy smothered pork chops sounded even better.

Smart move with the hotdogs. I do the same thing when the opportunity presents itself. Providing I have lighter fuel and charcoal.

Your wife is a lucky lady, well done sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back