Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, just a drive-by update on MOH:

The pre-auth came thru and she got the CAT scan. There is definitely inflammation and blockage of the small intestine, but the radiologist says it's NOT from any kind of cancer (thank God!) But they told her to check herself into the ER so they could hook her up to get IV nutrition, and put an "NG" [?] tube thru her nose and throat to pump out the accumulated air. Then hopefully the doc's will get a clearer picture of what exactly is the cause [and possible remedy?] for this issue.

Getting ready to leave now to visit her. Thanks for the continued support y'all!

Ken, patience is the order of the day. I spent 13 days in the hospital waiting for a diagnosis. I've had the feeding tube, no big deal once it's installed. The Nasogastric intubation (NG) tube is a simple procedure. I was in and out of consciousness when I was in the hospital. Every time I woke up I pulled out the NG tube, soon as I was out again they put it back in, no big deal. They wanted to do it while I was conscious, but I refused to let them, I can be an idiot. I was not afraid, it did not bother me much, I just did not like it. I did see them insert one in my roommate, he was awake and it was no problem.

Let's focus on the good news, no cancer, now they will find the problem and God willing fix it once and for all!

Tell your wife we are thinking/praying for her and your family.

Before cable TV, DVRs and even VCRs we survived these ads. I think we will be just fine with a few ads.
Those commercials were not so bad, I enjoyed the kids with Beagle puppies in the Polaroid commercials and some others as well.

Fun fact: ;) My wife tells me in communist Hungary there were no TV commercials.

Mark E. Carder - ‎Western Maryland Railway Company
WM. #196 and #195. Elkins, WV. Aug. 27 1958.
1571310726734.png

Good morning Everybody!

It's 53 with only 56% humidity under mostly cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore. Yesterday's nor'easter was no big deal, but did provide some much needed steady rain. On the down side already bad drivers became even worse in the rain. They caused accidents and delays all over town!

I saw the aftermath of one accident. A totaled sedan, pickup with a smashed front end and a dead deer. Looks like somebody took a bad situation and made it worse. It did not look like anyone was injured. Maybe because they were too busy screaming at each other to notice any injuries. That could change if lawyers get involved. The police had already arrived, but I did offer some words of wisdom as I made my way around the mess, "argue on the sidewalk, get out of the road dumb ass!" I didn't want to see any one get hurt. ;)

I'm going to eat breakfast and rest on the couch watching TV. I got to clear some space on the DVR before the world series begins!

Have a great day Everybody!

Good Morning from the West. Supposed to be only 77* after 89* and 90* for the past two days.
The record high for this date was 98* (2012) and the record low was 47* (2018).
The forecast today is sunny and breezy.

Good morning all! It's 35° this morning, 56° will be the high.

I really do enjoy reading this thread and looking at all the pictures everyone posts. Thanks Bob for keeping this site going!

I was looking through photos in my gallery and came across this one and thought, "I wonder if anyone is looking for something unusual to model on their locomotive?"

0921161429.jpg

That is indeed a bird that got stuck in the truck!

Have a good day everyone!

Good Morning All. 47° and mostly clear this morning. Won't be this cool again until next week sometime. Took advantage of the cooler day yesterday to do some landscaping around the SFW estate, transplanted a few trees and moved some dirt. Surprisingly I don't feel it today. Doing the grocery/beer trek tomorrow instead of the regularly scheduled day today, to accommodate another opportunity.

Ham and sunny-side up eggs today, Francine. And refill Sherrel's coffee since he's up early today.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding yesterday's photos; Chad, Joe, Jerome, Sherrel, Patrick, Louis, Phil, Curt, Tom, Johnny. Always appreciated.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I briefly did some additional scenery work by the Fresh Market and the storage company. Didn't have time for pictures as I got an unexpected phone call from another modeler which was more important. Over at the workbench, I also did some trimming work on a few of those Chinese figures that I received last Christmas, some flash and sprue connection points. Repainted the flesh color on a few, clothes are next.
In lieu of RR pictures, I'll pull a page from Louis's post and post some aerial views of my neighborhood.

Here's a shot of the area east of me. My house is just off the picture to the left. That's a Corps of Engineers flood control lake behind the V-shaped dam there.
1571314563380.png

Here's a view south
1571314823364.png

Oh well! Not really much to see.

Johnny - Looking forward to your progress with that area. Don't be too concerned about it taking time. I have areas that are still blank except for track, for over five years.
Tim - Nice work on the background building.
Ken - Thoughts and prayers continue from me.
Ray -
The other reason, could be if you're using another default browser to Google.
That might be the key to me not seeing the additional ads. I use Firefox.
Louis -
We lost a great man.
Add me to the list of folks who hardily disagree.

Everybody have a great day. National Pasta Day is today. Take it from there.

Good morning everyone. 39 and clear here, headed for mid-60's today.

Willie, CambriaArea, Flip, Louis, Chet, Patrick, TexasHobo, Sherrel, Wheeler, Boris, Chad, and anyone I may have missed - Thanks for your likes, comments, and suggestions on my posts yesterday (the north area for improvement and the Roads to Nowhere).,
Bob - thanks for the explanation. Like others, I haven't turned on my ad blocker, which I may do, but the ads so far are not so bad.

Nothing to report from the train room. NO time last night to work on the north area, didn't even run the trains. I did get a start on the next structure build, a ranch house (Walthers, I think). I took all the pieces on their sprues/trees out to my painting area out in the woodshop and sprayed them with primer. Maybe this weekend I'll start painting the various pieces.

Have a good day everyone.

Howdy ......

IB Ken .... Prayers continue for your wife.

Louis ..... The photo of the coal transloading facility is very interesting.... There is a much smaller version north of here where coal is transloaded from rail hopper cars to barges. .... Also, I like the ICRR advertisement. Reminds me of when I rode on the IC City of Miami long ago. .... Condolences to people of Baltimore regarding loss of their Congressman. .... No comment about the letter to Turkey other than to say our President is a good man.

Beady .... I did not have time to comment yesterday on you post, but I like the PRR passenger train advertisement with a T-1 steam locomotive pictured. Also, I like the MILW ad with the Skytop Lounge Car (observation car).

Model railroading ..... Other than running trains on the layout, I don't have much to report.

Everybody ..... have a good Thursday.

Last edited:
Good morning gang.
Breakfast today at the Fred Harvey restaurant next to the depot, then back on the road for some sight seeing as we make our way to Phoenix. Then dinner with her nieces then the flight home. Sometime over the weekend I will post more pics, Alcos and steamers oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back