Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All!
28F @74% might make 32F today.

Oh Boy! TNF - my favorite teams are playing too... Seattle and whomever plays Dallas.

I guess that ima just gonna have to put on my Dickies and go out and deal with some logs that I need cut to firewood length. Think that there is about 20 of them ( 10' x 5" ). Been lazy waiting for at least 40F - but that don't look like it is gonna happen until Spring now.

Oh, Well

Later

Good morning, everyone!

Not much to report from Northern Illinois. Weather is sunny and calm. Got some melting going on since its going to be in the 40s and sunnery this afternoon.

Looks like rain coming in tonight and tomorrow. At least we won't have to shovel that!

The search for cork roadbed continues. Seems the supply is starting to dry up. The Ebay seller I bought a box from at the most reasonable price out there is out of stock.

Have a safe day all!

A static model train, locomotive and two carriages, in the shopping mall. Children can sit in the carriages and loco cab, so parents can take photographs.

IMG_2882.JPG

Last edited:
Mmm… hot cocoa…
Is it sophisticated enough for marshmallows, or just cocoa?
Just cocoa, not much sophistication with basic Lionel stuff like smoke fluid.

They used to sell premium smoke fluid, unscented in larger bottles. Now they call all the smoke fluid premium and no large bottles.

I'm half expecting Legacy smoke fluid, coal or diesel scented and costs ten times more. ;)

Would love to see photos of it. 😀
Me too, I'm working on it!

I still have not finished in the family room. I had to break off to get the tree up in the living room. Once everything is done, I will take photos and my wife has promised to help me make videos! My goal was Thanksgiving. That got moved back to the first Sunday of Advent, December 3rd. I'm not sure if I'll make it. I do a little bit every day, sometimes only for 10-15 minutes, but it's working. I'm making progress, thanks to good advice from my train buddies.

Work hard, play hard, fast living takes its toll. I'm worn down, nothing works like it should and I take time to recover. But I had lots of fun. I have three trains to run now. I'm still having fun! It's great to see these trains running again.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day at 49F. Today was spent on the monthly grocery store odyssey involving 3 grocery stores and a meat market. One of the stores was Wally World. :( We're starting a warm up locally. Saturday it's supposed to be in the 80's. Today is also the last day of the 2023 hurricane season.:)

Joe- We've used the same type of service here with the annual collection of 10,000 oak leaves. It sure saves the back. Great story.

Bill- Nice station photo.

David- I don't envy you your weather. Nice video and neat mall display.

Sherrel- Great photo and memory.

Terry- Go get them.

Mike- Good luck with the search.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good Afternoon All.
Potential crisis averted!
Went out ahead of leaving for the weekly grocery trek this morning and noticed that the front yard and driveway were totally flooded! Oh no, a broken pipe somewhere. Looked closer to the house and NO, it was not me. Looked SW and saw a steady heavy stream coming down the easement road and ditch on my side of the road. It hadn't even rained a tenth of an inch, so it wasn't runoff. Whoops! It must be a broken pipe up the hill. Remembered that my wife had complained of lack of water pressure during her shower last night and again from the bathroom faucet this morning. Called the water company to alert them and I was informed that a pipe had broken on a members side of their meter. We're on a coop, so everyone is a member. Water company had just turned them off. Must have broken last evening since the water had traveled a quarter mile downhill and pooled in my yard before draining into the main drainage ditch out front. I don't know who yet, it's one of two folks, but someone has a big bill coming after they (or a plumber) fix their leak. The water company routinely discounts 30% from your bill in event of a catastrophic event, (don't ask how I know), but it's still likely to be $800 or more. Most of the pooled water was gone by the time we returned home.

Lorenzo Pietro Berra does not get the full respect he deserves.
Sherrel I don't know him personally but in 1955 my father took my brother and I to a Yankee game. We were there very early. I was 9 my brother 5. We went down to watch batting practice. We were the only ones there at the time. So Billy Martin, Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra waiting to hit were leaning against the back stop screen only a foot away from us, My father said, How you hitting Billy. Of course they ignored us. I treat dogs better. When I'm in Home Depot and see a dog, I say how you doing. One of them or all could have said how you guys doing. So I'm not a big fan of any of the 3 but Don Mattingly went out of his way to talk to fans so he's my type of person.
Swal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back