Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be another of the lucky ones. When my wife and I got married, she took over most everything. I said you can have it, and I won't worry about money till you tell me too. In 17+ years of marriage I haven't worried about money. I hand her a stack of receipts at the end of the week. Have to get receipts, she does something called fetch, or something like that.

She also has her MBA, so it was a logical choice to let her do it.
You must be. Most women go with their emotions, so logic gets tossed out the window at the first window shopping. Either way i myself came to a conclusion that man is to be in charge of important home decisions and that includes handling finances. Amazingly even with getting screwed by her with a couple surprises, i'm still able to handle everything and go on vacations. She...not so well from what i hear.

Good evening. I escaped jail for now, though I'm sure the branch manager has a "wanted: dead or alive" poster with my picture on it.
The only remaining account I have with that credit union is my car loan, and it's getting moved to another credit union. They STILL can't answer why they are still taking money out of my other bank account, other than to tell me if it continues more than another 60 days, they'll look into it further.
And that's when the shouting started.

Good evening. I escaped jail for now, though I'm sure the branch manager has a "wanted: dead or alive" poster with my picture on it.
The only remaining account I have with that credit union is my car loan, and it's getting moved to another credit union. They STILL can't answer why they are still taking money out of my other bank account, other than to tell me if it continues more than another 60 days, they'll look into it further.
Damn. I'd be shouting too. That's your money.

Evening All,

Started out the day with chores then headed to the train room where I finalized how I'm doing the "shuttle" track and wheels. I'm doing something different than what I initially envisioned, but I think it will work better. Tomorrow Dad has an morning VA appointment so I'll be chauffeuring him.

Garry Boyd- I had the honor of meeting him 3 times when he and his family vacationed in the WDW area. He was a true gentleman and I also miss him.

David- Neat photo.

Terry- I'm glad you avoided being arrested. 👍

Troy- We're facing similar type issues with Dad.

TomO- MOH has handled the finances since we've been together without issue. I have used Miniprints several times and they are top notch.

James- Neat video.

Bill- Neat videos.

Willie- Nice layout scenes and detailing.

Roger- Nice job.

Mikey- Sounds like quite the chore.

I hope everyone has a good night.

What level of person were you talking too?

Think at the "if it continues for 60 days" point, I would have been knocking on the bank president's door!

Miss a day or 2 and miss a lot...

Boss had to take his oldest daughter to MD Anderson in Houston. She's 18 and has a cantaloupe sized mass that the local folks aren't positive is cancer, but certainly doesn't belong. So they put me in charge until he gets back...just what I wanted. So I've been busy. Mostly signing off on the projects I know about.

Try to be on tomorrow...

Last edited:
So I fired up the “vintage” air brush today. Was really disappointed when the paint would speckle the car. Couldn’t figure it out. Air pressure was good, about 30lbs. Air brush was clean. The only issue I noticed from the start was that the volume of paint wasn’t weak. So I stopped and cleaned the brush again. It was at this time I think I discovered the issue. When I ran water through the air brush it sprayed beautifully. So I figured my paint was too thick. I watered it down and it was perfect. Speckles are still there from the first coat but I’ll just have to deal with that. Nine more to go. I used Testors spray paint primer on the inside. The inside will need to be silver to look like aluminum

Here is my question. Is 30lbs too much air pressure or not enough? I’m using Modelflex paints..
View attachment 176853View attachment 176860View attachment 176861
Can't help you with the pressure. Trick is to hold it at just the right distance from work. Hold it too far and the paint will be like toad skin because it will dry up too much before it reaches the surface. Hold it too close and it will be smooth, but it will create runs. Once you get the distance right, you can adjust pressure to spray quicker. It's always a learning experience for me too, as the temperature and humidity will determine your ability to spray economically.

image017.jpg

Kicking on the door waiting for FLO to open it. Needing java badly this morn. Went to bed 7:30 pm and woke up 12:30 am. The MRI yesterdau afternoon, for some reason, tired me out? It lasted almost an hour: "breath in and hold it" - "breath normally"! I must have done that at least 20 times. Surly they must have every atom in my body to look over?

The supposed possible 1/4 inch of rain turned into a torrent of over one inch complete with lighting and thunder. We must have been under a thunderstorm for a few minutes - very hard rain with huge drops which made the drive home in the middle of rush hour a real nightmare. Idiots driving on wet roads at 60 - 70 mph; the traffic here has really become a stop and go especially during the commute times of the day. Adding to the nightmare is the fact that the main artery through town is being widened from three to Six lanes and orange barrels and cross bucks and thousands of flashing lights - I spent an hour trying to go 18 miles!

PATRICK - I feel sorry for the Bosses daughter. I hope that it is not life threatening.

TERRY - I MUST HAVE missed something? Why don't you stop money going into the account that they are not supposed to draw from?

Going for coffee - BBL?

TERRY - I MUST HAVE missed something? Why don't you stop money going into the account that they are not supposed to draw from?
Because I am trying to move away from the "bad" credit union, and back to the "good" credit union.
This was all part of a transition to a local bank, in case I had a need to talk to somebody in person, in a branch.
Then the fees started rolling in from the new credit union. I've been trying to get away from them ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back