Running Bear's May 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody needs a AR15.

But our politicians have offered up their prayers to the victims family and now hide from the media questions. I have contacted the 2 Jack asses in the US Senate that represent Wisconsin even though one of them actually only seems to create tax breaks for his and his family business interests. He spurns even his own party and his past weekend told the Wisconsin Restaurant Association they don‘t need help, everything is looking up!

There is nothing wrong with background checks and NO ONE is going to take your guns away. Making it tougher to qualify should not be an issue. You need a license and testing to drive a vehicle

DON’T become numb or ignore these events, think of your kids, grandkids or the neighbors kids. Act!

You are entitled to your (IMNSHO misguided) opinion. This is not the forum for it, as has been decreed. And BTW, sales and possession of firearms are already very highly regulated, and yes, I do need an AR style sporting rifle (and so do you, whether you want to acknowledge it or not). Guns are not the problem. They are inert, inanimate objects, and based on the number in circulation, are hardly mis-used by people at all.

There are plenty of other forums to debate this on.

Statistically speaking, the gun on my hip is less dangerous than the ladder in my garage.

The difference is that a ladder isn't used very often as a weapon by a deranged person.

Please note. This is not a political post. Just a post with facts from which a prudent person can draw their own conclusion.

Well, howdy there internet people who probably shouldn't discuss guns here

It's Troy again

I dumped the baby birds and nest in the trash this morning. Since I don't want any more squatters on my fence, I rented the spot out to this guy...

Screenshot 2022-05-25 at 11.37.49 AM.png

Now I'm designing a book cover for the "boxed set" of one of my series. Books 1-3 combined into one file will sell better on Audible, than three separate 5 hour books. Why spend three "credits" when one credit will get you 16 hours of audio?

And, my heart really isn't into writing today, based on current events.... so book cover designs it shall be.

I mistakenly said earlier that I had nothing to talk about today. Forgot to mention that today is our 31st wedding anniversary! No idea how she's put up with me this long. She's a strong woman, no doubt.
Congrats to you both! We're coming up on 32 in a couple weeks. We're staying in Savannah, Georgia for a few days following our daughter's wedding to enjoy some time together.

Soap box....

If you look at all of the school shootings it all stems to one comon denominator and I am not talking about the guns. Guns are not the problem.

Having said that here is where I offer my observation and the fact is all of the school shooting is stemming from a child or teenager with serious problems from a broken home, mental illness or terrible parenting or up bringing or simply being ignored. The kids today do not value human life nor are they taught the morals of right from wrong IMO. It starts all from the home period. They lack the proper guidance due to parents lacking the time, care, divorce or other issues that have a negative impact on the child.

So having said the above there were many red flags on each of the cases of school shootings. None of them were acted on or monitored.. This is where we need to do better as a society. IMO

Not much more I can say on this just my observation take it or leave it.

EDIT:

Veterans need work. They would be ideal to have in schools for policing the schools just a thought.

Last edited:
Good afternoon all, 52° and cloudy. We had some light rain this morning.

Congrats (above) on the wedding anniversary dates. I guess May and June are big months for that, as well as all summer. We got married in February but are going on 27 years but still feel like it's only been 5 or so.

I did some work on the new bridge last eve, but it was a wonderful 72° after supper so decided to walk around the place. We have a pair of Green herons squaking from one or more of our ponds, great to hear the wildlife.

With Gas the way it is here is my old gas station bldg. There is always room on the new layout for these small Woodlands Scenic structures. This one was not the greatest casting, but I like it anyway

gas station 012.JPG

More later, Dave LASM

Soap box....

If you look at all of the school shootings it all stems to one comon denominator and I am not talking about the guns. Guns are not the problem.

Having said that here is where I offer my observation and the fact is all of the schjool shooting is stemming from a child or teenager with serious problems from a broken home, mental illness or terrible parenting or up bringing or simply being ignored. The kids today do not value human life nor are they taught the morals of right from wrong IMO. It starts all from the home period. They lack the proper guidance due to parents lacking the time, care, divorce or other issues that have a negative impact on the child.

So having said the above there were many red flags on each of the cases of school shootings. None of them were acted on or monitored.. This is where we need to do better as a society. IMO

Not much more I can say on this just my observation take it or leave it.

EDIT:

Veterans need work. They would be ideal to have in schools for policing the schools just a thought.
but at least we don't have schools cramming religion down the kids throats and those mental hospitals can't force people to stay if they or their social worker doesn't think they should be in there.

Good afternoon gang

Congrats to all you long time married folks! I am quite jealous of you all. We are only on our 2nd year, both having tried and failed twice before, however I believe we got it right this time.

I did return to work today, and I feel 90% better, with just a slight headache. My
An inoculated coworker is still coughing and hacking and sniffling and acting like she’s got some bad head cold. I’m trying to stay as far as possible away from her. It is taking everything I have not to look at her and just say, dumb ass!

Good afternoon gang

Congrats to all you long time married folks! I am quite jealous of you all. We are only on our 2nd year, both having tried and failed twice before, however I believe we got it right this time.

I did return to work today, and I feel 90% better, with just a slight headache. My
An inoculated coworker is still coughing and hacking and sniffling and acting like she’s got some bad head cold. I’m trying to stay as far as possible away from her. It is taking everything I have not to look at her and just say, dumb ass!
at least the co-worker doesn't have to waste a medical leave day that could be better used for a long weekend.

You are entitled to your (IMNSHO misguided) opinion. This is not the forum for it, as has been decreed. And BTW, sales and possession of firearms are already very highly regulated, and yes, I do need an AR style sporting rifle (and so do you, whether you want to acknowledge it or not). Guns are not the problem. They are inert, inanimate objects, and based on the number in circulation, are hardly mis-used by people at all.

There are plenty of other forums to debate this on.
Deleted my reply. Was not worth the response I wrote and then tossed

Afternoon All,

Have been working on MOH's sewing machine cabinet all day I think I have it done. MOH gave it a thumbs up. Tomorrow morning, I have a VA surgical consult for an area on my back that has got progressively worse despite 2 courses of antibiotics.

Karl- Interesting photo.

Guy- I built one from Laser Kit (AMB) years ago. I really like it and it's part of the next project after the village is completed. They still sell it.

Joe- The self-appointed bosses of us all are what caused me to come here.

TomO- I don't know about MRH but the photos look top notch to me.

Ken(IL)- Happy Anniversary.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I wonder how long it will be before Joe notices, although I do think that he sometimes fans the flames.
Yes, He has a tendency to do just that.

There is nothing wrong with background checks and NO ONE is going to take your guns away. Making it tougher to qualify should not be an issue. You need a license and testing to drive a vehicle
Not for nothing, the suspect, as reported in the NYT, had just turned 18, and as such was able to legally purchase multiple weapons from a dealer under Texas law....My question is where did he get the money? ARs are not cheap, nor are current rifles and automatic pistols. When I was 18, I was in college, and totally dependent on family for spending money... There is more to this story than easy access to weapons.

I thoroughly agree with your point(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back