Running Bear's May 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent my afternoon social distancing way out on water not soul around but me and my cousin......beautiful day. Just think 2 weeks ago it snowed here lol.
IMG_1232.jpg

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 67°. Thunderstorms are in the ever evolving forecast for all of the next ten days now, a major storm moving our way from West Texas after sunset last night, just disappeared before it got here.
Dental appointment yesterday was successful but did not go as planned. My dentist was busy with a major lower jaw reconstruction and I already knew that he was not going to be available. The plan was to get just a temporary crown yesterday, come back for some additional chiseling in another week with the dentist himself, get a new temporary and return in late June for the permanent one. The dental tech was not happy with the first crown that she made, so I had to wait for her to make a second. As soon as it was in place, the dentist finished his major surgery earlier than expected, so out came that crown and he numbed everything up and started his filing. Then out came the machine that measured for the permanent one, the temp was replaced and I only have to go back for one additional visit. Three hours for what is usually just an hour long procedure.
The delay in returning home resulted in not taking anything out of the freezer in time to thaw for supper, so we decided to "break quarantine" again and visited the local Italian restaurant which now has reopened the dining room with limited seating. That was a welcome trip.
I did finish mowing the rest of the yard prior to the expected rain, so the day was not lost.
The weekly grocery trek day is today. At least the grocery store has the greatest percentage of non-employee mask wearers.

How about a stack of blueberry pancakes and s double stack of sausage patties today Flo.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday regarding the new construction; Jerome, Guy, Karl, Sherrel, Bob, Garry, Louis, Alan, Phil, Patrick, Chad, Curt, Rick.

Still worked in a little time in the train shed yesterday. Painted the walls and windows as well as the "aged concrete" parts for Earl's Oil.
05-21-20 006.JPG

Also trimmed the flash off the tanks and started removing flash from some of the detail parts.
Meanwhile, I finished up some more of the details that I am adding to the scrapyard scene.
I placed the gasoline tank in place, added some acetylene bottles and a scale to the back of the office.
05-21-20 001.JPG

That gasoline tank came from a Walthers kit called Import Motors.
Sign and electrical meter went on the front and some vents went on the roof.
05-21-20 005.JPG

Vehicles and an additional figure or two are next, including the "junkyard dawg". I need to finally position the entry gates permanently also.
This office building and acetylene bottles came from a Walther's kit, Central Gas and Supply.
Looking forward to today when I start assembling the Earl's Oil.

Bob - Great looking park. We'll need to put that on our itinerary next time we head to Cookeville to visit wife's sister.
Joe - Thanks for the well wishes. Hope that you can get relief soon.
Garry - Thanks. I like the speeder scene on the side of the tracks.
Patrick - Thanks also for the well wishes. This is the last crown that came from the "fired" lab, so I expect the rest to last longer. Young grandkids can say the neatest things.

Everybody have a great day. I am already looking ahead to the three-day weekend! ;)

Morning all. I jumpstarted the holiday by taking a couple days off. I have four weeks of "use it or loose it" vacation, and what with the apocalypse I have no idea what to do with it all! So...trains! The window treatments are going in, and it's less tedious than I thought it would be. The venetian blinds are decals, and the film is thick enough to handle in a reasonable manner. Not like the Thinfilm lettering that wrinkles if you give it a mean look!

Sleeper blinds.JPG

Hallway shades.JPG

Last edited:
Good Morning! Nice photos LOUIS and Patrick - luv the steamers!

It is supposed to be 83/86 today with partly sunny!
The weather guessers can't agree today, but that is 8-10 degrees warmer than yesterday.

Not much "new" in my world ... SIL stopped by in the afternoon and installed a ROKU device on the RV ... maybe we will be able to have some TV to watch during the night if we wish. If this is not desirable - then I will bite the bullet and see about getting the satellite hooked back up? I am really a klutz in the electronic world.

ALAN - those shades look great!

Willie -
Sorry to hear of your teeth problems .. It makes me "shudder" to think about the countless hours I spent in dentist chairs over the years and the pain involved ... I love my dentures!
I grilled some new COSTCO Italian sausages last evening - they were very nice.

Patrick - continued well wishes and prayers for your daughter! Luv the GN "Mike".

Later guys!

Well after a couple of hours of light off and on rain, it's pouring and thundering. No severe, that's on tap for tonight (possibly). It is supposed to be west of us. So far I this year I spent $200 to get the annual maintenance and a couple of sprinkler heads repaired in the sprinkler system and still haven't been able to use it this year. I know wait until July....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back