Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, again.

Waiting for paint to dry, so I thought I'd drop in.

Painted the rolled roofing with Humbrol Rust enamel, and gave the walls a wash of Tamiya Smoke to subdue the white.
Can't do anymore on the building until tomorrow, so I'll be headed downstairs to see what I can do on the river crossing.
Here's what it looks like at present time:
3rdClass_03-04-2024 (1).JPG

Mike - The neighbour seems to be a car guy. He also builds 1/25 plastic autos, aside from the slot-car hobby. But, we did walk over to my place so he could inspect my layout efforts. He does seem to like the train idea.

Willie - Thanks for posting some of Garry's layout work. I liked him; he was posting here the first year of my membership and always said nice things. It's important to remember good people.

Well, I'd better get going. It's feeling like a toss-up between working on a layout river canyon, or having a nap.
Have a great afternoon!

Hi, again.

Waiting for paint to dry, so I thought I'd drop in.

Painted the rolled roofing with Humbrol Rust enamel, and gave the walls a wash of Tamiya Smoke to subdue the white.
Can't do anymore on the building until tomorrow, so I'll be headed downstairs to see what I can do on the river crossing.
Here's what it looks like at present time:
View attachment 183050

Mike - The neighbour seems to be a car guy. He also builds 1/25 plastic autos, aside from the slot-car hobby. But, we did walk over to my place so he could inspect my layout efforts. He does seem to like the train idea.

Willie - Thanks for posting some of Garry's layout work. I liked him; he was posting here the first year of my membership and always said nice things. It's important to remember good people.

Well, I'd better get going. It's feeling like a toss-up between working on a layout river canyon, or having a nap.
Have a great afternoon!
I like your building thus far.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 64F and damp from last night's rain. After animal chores and laundry, I headed to the train room. I finished the metal detail parts then built 2 loading platforms, and finally blacked out the edges of the remaining 5 roof cards. Normally I shingle the roof cards before mounting them but because of the saw tooth shaped roof I have to do it in place to make it look right in the valleys.

Tomorrow we are transporting 2 skunks from our house. Monty is going to a forever home and Midge is going to be one of the ambassador animals for the main rescue.

Mac- That is a nice shade of blue.

Bigfoot- Nice job on the stops.

Bill- Nice photo.

Karl- I prefer ops over constant running, but I do run the mainline mainly to keep the track clean. Great job on the BH vehicle.

David- Nice layout shots. I'll take a Guiness please.

Patrick- I'm sorry you had a vexing day. I guess our Brits are rubbing off on me! That is a huge grain elevator.

Cheri- Beautiful dogs.

Alan- Great looking steamer.

Troy- Have fun with the new computer. I just realized that the tanks weren't being printed in one piece.

Willie- Thanks for sharing photos of Garry's layout. I miss him on the forum.

Guy- Great modeling.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Wheel stop progress. Probably made to many. I think it still needs another coat or two of paint. Painted first couple by hand and then decided to use the airbrush. Probably made to many. If anyone is interested in some message me. They are on HO scale code 100 rail.

Attachments

• 20240304_162914.jpg
    20240304_162914.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240304_184113.jpg
    20240304_184113.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 14
Good morning all. A mixed bag of rain and some sunshine today.
Flo. I see Sherrel is busy reading past posts. Give him a breakfast. Charge it to me. I'll have a large coffee and a round of toast with marmalade, please.

A busy morning for me with a few jobs to do. Hopefully easier going afternoon.

Back later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back