Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a break right now, trying to decide what I should use as a base for the pavers. I'm thinking a layer of pea gravel, then a layer of sand mix. Any thoughts?
Karl: Sounds like you have 'soft' dirt. You might think about some rock at the bottom of everything - maybe 1 1/2 stuff. Then Pea Gravel. I would not worry about the sand as the dirt around the paver will sift in. They will be a little spongy this year, but next year - just try to remove them!

We have dirt/clay mix that drains fast when the ground is not frozen. I don't even bother with any of the rock/gravel. I just level it out to my eye and put paver recessed into the dirt. Does not seem to sink and you can drive on them the following year. I did have one spot where the paver would break in pieces the next year. Fixed that by using a 4" paver. That was fun moving them around in the hole to get them level. Also, I leave the pavers above ground level about 1/2 inch. I then can see how they weather the freeze/thaw the next spring and add more dirt to get them level with the ground.

Later

Good morning gang!

Been busy already, got up at 7:30, showered and out the door for my quarterly blood draw. The pretty blonde vampire hit the vein 1st time! Yahoo, then off to BK for a breakfast biscuit, then to HD for lawn fertilizer, wire, an electrical box, and 20 12x12 pavers. I have to move 2 light switches in the basement, as the layouts backdrop will be covering them, weed and feed the yard and fix what to doggies have done at the steps from the deck. Its a mudhole!!! That's what the pavers are for! Then a stop at TSC for food for the lil Lion, and to check out new tires for the trailer and the Cub Crapette. Dry rot is a terrible thing, and so are the prices!:oops:

Taking a break right now, trying to decide what I should use as a base for the pavers. I'm thinking a layer of pea gravel, then a layer of sand mix. Any thoughts?

I ordered a new soldering iron and a few other essentials from the big river company, due tomorrow. I had never seen an iron with LEDs in the head of the handle, should be useful to see with!

The Queen is cracking the whip, BBL!!!;)
You know, that last statement...can be understood in more than one ways,😉😆

Morning folks

37F and mostly sun-that is just now making an appearance over the crest of the Bridger Range. Forecast high is 50. The task for the day is going to be blading the very potholed driveway but to do that, I need to clean about a foot of snow away from the implement shed where the J. I. Case 730 slumbers and extract the 3 point blade from another snow pile. If there is any time left after that exercise, I'm going to see how far my right knee stays together and head up the mountain.

TWO ARMCHAIRS FREE. Only a month old.
Must take the cat as well!!!

thumbnail.jpg

Good Morning All!

33F @ 79% clear as a bell. Hmmm are bell's clear? Anyway hit 65F yesterday, supposed 70F today.

Finally got the camera and 2 dogs in the same place:
IMGP0892.JPG

Jake is now just under 13 weeks old. Keeps his face in the puppy chow so we could not feel his ribs. His feet are getting bigger again, so another growth spurt is gonna happen and his ribs will show again. Lizzy still out weighs him but he is almost as tall as her. Got a training collar to keep him from digging and away from the cats. Only had to use the 'vibrate' function so far and he is getting there. First time binged he jumped and turned around to see what was behind him that did that. Giggle.

Train Cave brought more thought and calculations on the Helix. Did not play with anything else except getting more of the priceless junk out of there.

Later

Morning peoples! 47 degrees looking for 67 later with partly cloudy/possible showers.
Just looking out the upstairs window I can see that the lower clouds are moving from East to West due to the location of a weather system to the south.
Very few times during the year do we have this event - I can only remember 3 times during my working that I made the approach from the coastline - once overshooting the runway and having to go-around as I was too high and too fast to attempt the landing.

Good 30F Morning!

A professional contractor is supposed to be coming around today, for the 2nd promise of installing a new quartz bathroom vanity and sink. Missed the first attempt to do it, and I hope he holds to his promise to install today. I suspect it was alcohol poisoning that prevented the attempt to work the other day.

Railroads are a messy bunch:
View attachment 184167

Oops! I pressed the wrong button to my post, and made it post to early! My bad!!
IMG_8553.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9323.jpeg
    IMG_9323.jpeg
    546.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8552.jpeg
    IMG_8552.jpeg
    465.9 KB · Views: 12
Afternoon All,

After another restless night due to the continuing rash issues. It is shrinking so the medicine is working, but slowly. Tomorrow morning makes a week. The doc's have no clue about what has caused it. MOH and her BFF should be home by 6:30 tonight. Today in the train room I got about half of the metal roofing put on the build.

Hughie- That looks great to me.

Bill- Ouch.

Mac- IMO "Ordinary World" is their best song by far.

Willie- Nice layout scenes.

Todd- Nice looking Pooches.

Jaz- Nice layout shots.

I hope everyone has a good night.

TWO ARMCHAIRS FREE. Only a month old.
Must take the cat as well!!!

View attachment 184196
Faints…..we had 1 momma cat and 4 babies, one boy would not learn to poop outside, so he went outside, no sorrowful yowling got him back in either, amazingly he is the last cat standing, when it is cold I give up and let him in the conservatory, but a few days and it smells so bad how ever much you feel sorry for him…he is back out, he has three nice beds, and usually resides in the polytunnel, but in the house no way.

Plus our leather e piece is 25 years old, the three piece has a cover because yeah the leather is worn, but not bad enough to give up on what is a seriously comfortable seat, comfort of look good Comfort wins.

Attachments

• IMG_1744.jpeg
    IMG_1744.jpeg
    655.8 KB · Views: 21
Well, howdy there internet peeps.

Wife and I headed downtown for lunch. Found a cheap parking garage, and started walking.

Thought was to try the Famous Coney Dogs. But with twenty people waiting outside the door. And new ones allowed inside only when a table opened up, we thought we'd try the new pizza place. Walked four blocks the other direction. And we were half-an-hour early. The new pizza place that took over for the old pizza place didn't open til noon. So we started walking to kill time. Wife said she'd rather have a burger than a pizza.

So I took her to a restaurant across from the convention center. She got an omlet and roasted taters that were the same as "fries" on my plate.

I had a smokehouse bacon cheeseburger. Good but messy with the grease and BBQ sauce.

431937743_7356337421100035_8678557842881201939_n.jpg

Back home, I'm still trying to work through the old Fantasy books I wrote, tidying up the typos and such. It should be an easy job, just look for the red underlines. But I keep reading. It's been four years since I wrote these...

And I found this:

Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 2.42.25 PM.png

I'd forgotten about Mr. Ugly Hat. He was in book 1, and came back in book 6 when I needed a distraction with some clues...

So, I had to head to the Image Generator to see what the world's ugliest hat looked like. Evidently the image generator can't go THAT ugly all at once. This was the ugliest It would do...

Ugly Hat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back