Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to be rude, but does anybody really care?
You're not rude. No one really cares, but Meghan, the bag girl, pays to have their story intrude in mainstream news broadcasts, so they are more annoying
My personnel opinion is that they both should shut up and disappear into the nearest rabbit hole and stay there.
Believe most people, myself included, would agree with you.

You're not rude. No one really cares, but Meghan, the bag girl, pays to have their story intrude in mainstream news broadcasts, so they are more annoying

Believe most people, myself included, would agree with you.
From what's being said, apart from trashing his family, there's the whole "race" thing with Meghan, which makes me laugh, yes, we have racists same as everywhere, but it's more likely she thought she was going to be treated like Grace Kelly was when she married Prince Ranier of Monaco, but time has moved on, plus most people knew who Grace Kelly was, Meghan Markle, never heard of her.

Harry is annoyed because he was always treated second to his brother, duh! your names Harry so of course you'll never be King that's why your named Harry and your the number two son, flipping twit.

Oh, and of course the TV series on Netflix, that will be riveting to watch no doubt.

Last edited:
My Scale Trains Rivet Counter GP30 arrived today. Looks nice, runs nice and the sound is ok. (I'm really not into sound). Out of the box it runs on speed setting 2 of 128, cruises at setting 30, and has some nice features. Dynamic braking really works. Already ran a train with it.

My photo, PRR # 2222 crossing Wanamaker Ave. this afternoon during test run. Yes, that is a B&O Bachmann Spectrum GP30 on the Reading in the background. Comparison of 1990s tooling, vs. contemporary tooling. BLI is supposed to come out with a GP30 in the fall. plus a GP35.

Attachments

• GP30 - PRR #2222 - 03_18_2023- R1.jpg
    GP30 - PRR #2222 - 03_18_2023- R1.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 38
well, howdy there internet people, and those watching the reports from the Jurassic French Railway

It's Troy again.

Just coffee today FLO. No cream.

Yep, it's an intermittent fasting day.

Told the wife I really wanted Tex-Mex today. So I gotta be good prior. I eat toooooo many chips and queso dip while there.

In other news, the book is DONE. Waiting on one of my Alpha Readers to get back to me, and let me know if there are any plot or character development problems. Then it's off to the editor tonight. She takes 2 weeks to edit. Another week + of getting it out to Beta Readers for typo hunting, I'll just barely squeak into my due date at Amazon. Silly me set up a pre-order date, and I already moved it the ONE time for 30 days that I'm allowed.

In other news, I finally got YouToobz to mostly stop showing me Physical Therapy suggestions on my home page. I started hunting up some Train vids that were longish (30 ish minutes).

Found this channel and subscribed. Trains are slowly replacing Chiropractors and Diet coaches. Having a 2nd monitor is good for some sightseeing on other layouts while I work

Here's my desk layout with the trains keeping me company.

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 7.22.51 AM.png

And, since I'm still worried about twisting and bending, I'm staying attached to my hobby desk in the downtime between books. Here's the current WIP: Goblins! Half are now done. These OLD scupts from Mantic are some of the worst minis I've ever worked on. The connections to the sprues are in the wrong places. Like across the knuckles that hold the bows, intead of on the bow limb itself. those are Sooooo much easier to file down and not leave a mark.

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 7.24.20 AM.png

The first 20 are sloppy, but done (enough). I'm changing how I paint the 2nd half. Black outfits, not worrying about detail on the packs. I'll just pick out the belts and a few things with grey. Green skin. Paint the bow. Dot the eyes with red. Done.

I knew if I stopped between batches the second batch of 20 gobbos would never get done. And in the gaming community, this particular sprue has a poor reputation. It's difficult to even give them away unless they're already painted.

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 7.24.34 AM.png

Both my wife and I have two 23" monitors which are plenty big enough. My wife also has a 32" TV/Monitor for her PS5 stuff :rolleyes:

I have two for flight simming. One monitor carries the actual flight/aircraft programme while the other is used for navigation, weather and air traffic control. It gets a bit hectic at times and would be impossible with just one monitor :)

Good Morning All. Clear and 29° out here on the prairie. Another day in the md-50's here today. At least the wind won't be as high as the past few days. Next ten days looks settled for the most part.
Well, I did try out the new garden tractor/mower yesterday. Decided to scalp the yard a week early. Works well as I expected for a new piece of machinery. It moves much quicker than the old one which makes up for the narrower cutting width. As posted yesterday, the turning radius is much smaller which I will have to get used to. The back-up system is a bit awkward, so I will have to get used to it or figure out how to disable it for smoother operation. Fuel tank is larger so when it explodes, there will be a bigger hole in my a$$. The LED headlights are really bright, but I never mow at night so they won't do me any good. I have to go back to the dealer next week and pick up my owner's manual which the delivery driver left behind. I don't do online manuals since I can't carry the computer outside, or the mower inside.

Thanks for the comments and reactions to my progress in the area to the north of the Ethanol refinery.

While on the subject of the train shed, I did some more detailing out there yesterday.
I added the chain link fence between the refinery and the road. I added vehicles to the parking ot and I added figures to the front of the Market.
IMG_3227.JPG

There's a mother and daughter in the Chevy station wagon that can't be seen in this picture.
IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3229.JPG

IMG_3230.JPG

From there, I ran trains for a while. That's what the layout is for.

Joe - Your comment on the lineage of BR&W 752 got me interested in that myself, and I found out that it was formerly Clarendon & Pittsford (VTR) #752, BN #1879, NP #256, EMD build # 21427; built in 1956. Came a long way from NP!
Tom O - Well, there goes the relief from jet lag!
Troy - Congratulations on the book completion. Hope that it comes back unscathed!
Tony - I had two monitors at work for a while. It was really helpful. I'm considering getting a second one for the desktop that I use, but I would have to rearrange the desk first!:mad:

Everyone have a great Sunday, it will indeed be sunny here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back