Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the day so far not getting a lot done, been looking for the drive gearing for the SW7 I have with the dodgy motor now I've finally fixed it and I thought I'd put it with the loco, seems not, can I find those bag of parts, nope, I know I put it somewhere safe, but the question is where !!!:mad:

Also painted those two flat car engines I got.

1679239455318.jpeg

Smudge. I would prefer the Also, myself - the one with the 'BC RAIL' in the center of the white strip.
(just like it's looks better and I cannot remember if you are DC or DCC?)

54 degrees looking for 61 today with cloudy and chance of rain. Another "Atmospheric" River is expected to drop 2.5-3 inches of rain in LA. DO NOT KNOW WHAT WE MAY RECEIVE HERE.
(excuse - keep hitting the CAPS lock with my fat fingers!)

Spousal Unit and I survived the night out, but I have to say the tale will be told in the family circles.
A Thursday night and we tried 4 different places and could not get a reservation, so we wound up at our favorite Mex. joint after driving to several establishments and finding out that a couple of them were closed on Thursday -- but nothing posted on the website, although not answering the phone should have given us the clue!
Needless to say, DAVE, that I did not get lucky as I had hoped! BUT, after a few beers and a couple of HUGE Margaritas -- who cares?

1679239477351.png

Last night Had a houseful of guests last evening for the youngest daughter's birthday dinner - I think it was 14 total and the wife spent hours in the kitchen messing up pots and pans about as fast as I could wash them - I might add that we had a delicious Italian dinner - the lady surely can cook!

CURT - You do not want to put a foot in Southwestern Colorado in February unless you like to SKI, or snowshoe -- plus, the trains will not be running unless the 'D&S has a short excursion up the Animas Valley for ten, or so miles?

TomO. I was thinking of basketball as well -- I just may have to try and look up the game today. After ditching Spectrum, I am still trying to find my way around U-Tube TV.

Willie - That Lawn tractor is a beaut! Almost hate to dirty it up!

Smudge. I would prefer the Also, myself - the one with the 'BC RAIL' in the center of the white strip.
(just like it's looks better and I cannot remember if you are DC or DCC?)
Yes the MLW M630 is a really nice looking Loco, bit like yourself and your lovely spouse, great looking couple, glad you finally found some where for yourselves to eat, but definitely a chore getting there. :)

The field across the roadway from the subdivision where I live. I pray nothing gets built during my lifetime.
That utility easement along the road usually works to keep developers at bay. For a while at least. That one looks like there's a natural gas line and electrical lines. Eventually someone will decide that paying for the land and the easement that they cannot develop will be worth it. The easement may even include some of the farmland that's being used for crops.

And the daughter texted today.

Seems she was driving in Indianapolis to get to a friend's house, or back from. Not sure which....

View attachment 164712

Yep... ruptured her Honda Civic gas tank... waiting to see what that will cost...
In Illinois 8 guys with 4 state trucks would come by and throw a shovel full of cold patch in it! Probably only take them 4 hours to pull it off too.

Well, it takes a bit of time to get from New York you know :D

They aren't much better here Mike, believe me. Come to think about it - (council workers (state/county/town etc) and the same all over the world. It take at least four of em to dig a hole so another four can fill it. One to do the digging, one on standby incase the first one collapses with exhaustion, one to watch over the collapsed guy while the second one digs and the fourth to sit on his butt and supervise :)

Good Morning All and those who still have ONE tiny monitor.

31F @ 74% and sunny. Supposed to get to 55F - we will see.

Have dual monitors on almost all of the machines we use around here; servers only one as usually I VNC in anywho. Even the Daughter does not know how she got by with only one. Wife went kicking and screaming to a dual setup, but now you can not take it away from her. The girls have 24 - 28 inchers, mine are all over the place: 32's, 24's ... you name it. Found out the 65" in the living room actually does Internet - but what a PITA with no mouse.

Welp, think that the hip is finally starting to give up the ghost. Pain from foot to just above the knee almost all of the time. Ibuprofen, Naproxen and Aspirin just don't get it anymore. No, not ALL at the same time. Chatted with the hip Doc a couple of years ago deciding to wait until after retired. I guess I am really tired now. Suspect that this will be 3 months out so I will have to grin ( grit my teeth ) and bare it for a bit. Maybe I can get at least the shell up for the garage before not being able to twist and shout.

Anybody here use KiCad? If so, message me as I have a simple question.

Later

I have limited experience with pre-orders. I have pre-ordered a few things from Lionel. The only one I ever had problems with was Christmas boxcar. Lionel had contracted with an American company to have it made. I got the car in February. I did get a free hat.

I agree with Tony aka Wombat; if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back