Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do carry a USGA handicap of 5 but playing to a 8 with these sharks as I hadn’t seen a real course since October. My brother and his “friends” put on about 8 of these type of Calcutta outings each year.
Tom I was a 8 for a while but now carry a handicap of 18. I don't play enough anymore. I use to play 135 times a year. At 77 I hit the ball about 220 now. Hitting the ball 250-260 days are gone. In the $25.00 tournament we play in on a weekly basis a $1.00 of that goes to low putts. One 3 putt can eliminate you from winning that. 26 and below usually wins low putts. If my wife would ever agree to it I would move to Myrtle Beach in a flash. Lots of great golf courses there. I still make the Myrtle golf trip every year this is me with 10 of my classmates.
Swal

swal_golf_friends_1.jpg

swal_golf_swing_1.jpg

Been snowing since the middle of last night. Classic Noreaster snow storm here in New England. Slow moving
with heavy snow. Expected to continue into the evening with a few more inches of accumulation on top of the
12" we now have. Areas of the Berkshires 20 miles to the west already have over 24". We cleared the driveway
a couple of hours ago. Just came in from clearing the deck and front steps.

Power went out at 6:30 am and the standby generator kicked in. Ran until 11:00am when power was restored.
Whole house generator was an expensive project but well worth the cost.

Weather here pales in comparison to other areas of the country. Hope everyone is coping with the weather
and staying safe. Spring is on the way!

Afternoon All,

Started out with a walk at 58F and it's currently 67F. After breakfast I headed to the train room and continued cleaning the layout. Today I cleaned one of the mine's tracks, half of the interchange tracks, a siding, and the entrance ladder track to the engine area. After that I cleaned 18 coal hopper cars (dusting and wheels), 1 NW7 and 4 cabin cars. I replaced the wheels on one hopper that were still plastic. Tomorrow I'll continue. I probably have 5 more days of cleaning.

Patrick- Congrats to your daughter.

Swal- Very sorry to hear about your wife and hope she is pain free quickly. Hopefully her mobility won't be affected.

TomO- Enjoy your getaway. Did you mention before that you had a house there?

Joe- Good luck with the storm.

Troy- Nice job on the goblins.

Sherrel- I like that movie and have seen it many times.

Willie- I'm glad your procedure went well. Nice looking buildings and weathering.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Joe - I'm still waiting for the dust to settle regarding these bank failures. Ironically, last week I put $10K into a 6 month T-bill.
According to media, the market is rebounding, (could be shorts covering), and the FDIC has intervened. Supposedly, this will solve the problem...
One ugly word that keeps popping up as a common denominator in all three, (or more), is "Crypto" currency, the digital Monopoly Money all the little people so love. Jamie Diamond was right...I love it! BTW, 2 year treasury bonds are as good as it gets, unless you are a "private" banker.
Hope you locked the higher rate.

According to media, the market is rebounding, (could be shorts covering), and the FDIC has intervened. Supposedly, this will solve the problem...
One ugly word that keeps popping up as a common denominator in all three, (or more), is "Crypto" currency, the digital Monopoly Money all the little people so love. Jamie Diamond was right...I love it! BTW, 2 year treasury bonds are as good as it gets, unless you are a "private" banker.
Hope you locked the higher rate.
I won't touch crypto. I mean how can one invest in something with no physical assets, no inventory, no employees and no real customers???
Since this is my first T-bill investment, I haven't followed up on the rate that I locked into yet. I did go the maximum allowed for a 6 month though. I need to understand them a bit more before investing more.

Afternoon All,

Started out with a walk at 58F and it's currently 67F. After breakfast I headed to the train room and continued cleaning the layout. Today I cleaned one of the mine's tracks, half of the interchange tracks, a siding, and the entrance ladder track to the engine area. After that I cleaned 18 coal hopper cars (dusting and wheels), 1 NW7 and 4 cabin cars. I replaced the wheels on one hopper that were still plastic. Tomorrow I'll continue. I probably have 5 more days of cleaning.

Patrick- Congrats to your daughter.

Swal- Very sorry to hear about your wife and hope she is pain free quickly. Hopefully her mobility won't be affected.

TomO- Enjoy your getaway. Did you mention before that you had a house there?

Joe- Good luck with the storm.

Troy- Nice job on the goblins.

Sherrel- I like that movie and have seen it many times.

Willie- I'm glad your procedure went well. Nice looking buildings and weathering.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Had a house now we stay at the brothers place

I won't touch crypto. I mean how can one invest in something with no physical assets, no inventory, no employees and no real customers???
Since this is my first T-bill investment, I haven't followed up on the rate that I locked into yet. I did go the maximum allowed for a 6 month though. I need to understand them a bit more before investing more.
Totally agree, nothing tangible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back