Running Bear's July 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasoline - up 10 cents over night. Not sure about wells in the heat, but refineries generate a lot of heat in the process, so I seriously doubt heat affects them. Very cold weather yes, hot no.

I don't work in the industry etc but the hotter it is the harder it is to dispel (get rid of) the heat being generated by the process so maybe things become less efficient the hotter it is as the heat cannot be gotten rid of as fast.

maybe things become less efficient the hotter it is as the heat cannot be gotten rid of as fast.
Certainly a possibility. If you look in a cracking furnace, you will see furnace tubes so hot they are a glowing red and have expanded so much from the heat they have climbed out of the wall hangers. That's why I doubt a 20 to 25 degree change in ambient temperature makes to much difference.

Last edited:
Certainly a possibility. If you look in a cracking furnace, you will see furnace tubes so hot they are a glowing red and have expanded so much from the heat they have climbed out of the wall hangers. That's why I doubt a 20 to 25 degree change in ambient temperature makes to much difference.

Like I said I am not in that industry but cracking is not the only thing in refining and certain processes go faster or slower if the environment is not ideal and this could be such a case. IDK. But it certainly is plausible that a heat wave makes it harder to control the environment they need for optimal results. Whether harder to expel excess heat or whatever.

362910844_10231051984908218_902134584597427021_n.jpg

Evening all,

Had a bit of surprise in the garden tonight...

20230731_185409.jpg

They are a bit short, and I have to wait until tomorrow as supper was done before I picked it. Actually is better than I thought it would be. I still have some additional plants yet to be picked as they're not quite ready.

Most cleaned up to about 8-10" in length.

Got 5 large tomatoes a cucumber and about 2 pounds of the yellow tomatoes.

Have a good night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back