Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Coffee and a donut please.

Everybody ... Thanks for the comments and likes for my pictures. The sunset sky last evening followed an afternoon of storms. The clouds were clearing up making the sky look like that at sunset.

Tom O .... Nice weathering of dumpsters.

Joe .... I like the RDC picture.

Louis .... Congratulations on your purchase of a new vehicle. I recall seeing the GG1 picture before.

Willie ..... Nice idea to have a small RR museum in your downtown scene. The restaurant looks good. I bet spaghetti at your house tases very good.

Cheers

believe this is passenger service to the Army Navy game.

Believe this was a WW2 era calendar painting. What's amusing is the pressure valve from a steam generator or more likely upright boiler, popping off on two locomotives that appear to have both pantographs down. That, just cannot happen in real life. As a veteran of more than several Army - Navy Games, The precision of the operation always impressed me. I was also very amused by some of the antics observed, especially when somewhat inebriated Flag Grade officers were calling each other out. Pretty much why the services and their booster clubs had separate trains. Once the game moved from the old Municipal Stadium to Veterans Stadium, the number of attendees and trains declined drastically. A perk of working the game was free admission to the game. But, it was a very long day.

LOUIS - My mom did that once that I can remember - Needed new tires - bought a new car!
I told her that she was wasting my inheritance!
For over 50 years I never bought a new vehicle for myself. I am half broken down and too old to fool around with turning wrenches and I do not like sitting in a waiting room while they do warranty work or any work!

I do not know how much time I have left, but I will not waste a single minute more than necessary on vehicle down time. I can make more money, my time is limited!

Some of the places I go to have no cell phone service. I cannot walk to find a phone.

Besides, the deals I make will not take a noticeable amount out of my grandsons' inheritance. My kids make good money, they are on their own!

Last edited:
My youngest daughter’s boyfriend was thinking of buying a boat early last spring. I told him “buy a new one” He said he was going to buy a used boat and restore it. He had never done it before, but he is good with his hands. Well over $15,000 and 3.5 months later he put it in the water and broke down the first day.

On this day (July 21, 1971) Black Sabbath’s “Master of Reality” Album was released
1595344982251.png

Louis: Congrats on the Equinox purchase. MOH and I bought a used 2016 LTZ model (changed to premiere in 2017). We love it so far (owned 19 months) and it has nearly everything on it, even crap we don't use (like the sunroof). Problem with the sunroof is in Summer it's really lets in the heat and in the winter really makes it hard to keep warm. So we keep it closed and the inside panel closed as well. I think we actually had it open 3 times since having it. Once when it was parked and the grandson looked over the top of the car to view the U.P. Big Boy.

Afternoon All,

Started out going to Lowes for a couple of odds and ends then installed the second reverse loop buss and connected the programing hardware (Soundtraxx) to my power supply and base station. Both jobs were tested without problems. I did realize sitting here that I need to lengthen the main buss on the peninsula. It only runs down one side now. Another project for tomorrow. ALERT: the power supplies were just delivered.

Thank you to everyone for your likes yesterday.

Joe- Nice pictures. I hope your knee continues to heal and be pain free.

TomO- Nice job so far on the dumpsters.

Sherrel- Thank you.

Terry- I'm sorry to hear that.

Garry- Thank you. Great layout picture.

Jerome- If the feds want to there will federal charges if the guy(s) get caught.

Willie- Great looking buildings and scenes. All those tomatoes would probably kill me. I can eat raw tomatoes, but if they're cooked I get very bad acid reflux even with antacid.

Louis- Congratulations on the new car. My daughter has had one for 9-10 years. The outside looks like crap but it still runs great.

20200721_130543.jpg

20200721_130534.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is well. In regards to my GP30s I just picked up. Some of yall might remember my rant on my GP7 with the busted gears. Ofcourse I had replacements on hand as I've owned quite a few Athearns and still do. Suppose I should go ahead and replace the gears when they arrive. Going into a shift change starting tomorrow due to the heat index. Itll get me home earlier so that's always a plus. Nothing new in the train world for today. I'll try to stop in later if I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back