Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking for 78 degrees later today with sunny-breezy!

Surgeon called last evening - wow - spent 45 min on the phone with him; he wanted to make sure that I presented myself at the meeting of the oncologist on Friday.
Apparently, surgery is out of the question ... only as a last resort!
I am not in a happy place this morning -- slept very little!
SORRY .....

Morning folks

Too warm January continues. What a month. The temperature records for both extremes were broken.

Another photo from that 1980 visit to Snoqualmie. Ex Ostrander No 7, a 1926 Baldwin 2-6-6-2 Mallet. It was operational at that time.
53495926287_4693376285_b.jpg

No. The Vikings (Danes) did stay a while and control a portion of the island called the Danelaw and assimilated but the Angles and Saxons were the ones who stayed and became Christian and become the forefathers of the English. This was pre Viking Age.

All the groups are distantly related as Germanic tribes and shared some common language and cultures.
Correct, Chad.

The Angles and Saxons came from part of what is now Germany. The Angles settled in Anglia. The Saxons settled in Essex, Middlesex and Wessex

The Vikings controlled Northumbria (North of the River Humber.) Jorvik (York) a main settlement.
The French arrived. Then everyone seems to want to be here. Even Grandmother and her children arrived from U.S.A.. 😂

Welcome to England. :)

We are looking for 78 degrees later today with sunny-breezy!

Surgeon called last evening - wow - spent 45 min on the phone with him; he wanted to make sure that I presented myself at the meeting of the oncologist on Friday.
Apparently, surgery is out of the question ... only as a last resort!
I am not in a happy place this morning -- slept very little!
SORRY .....
Sherrel. No need to be sorry. Some of us have been in a similar place. See the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe just around the curve, but yes, it is there.

Morning folks (well what's left of it), temps are 63 currently, may not get much warmer today but I'm not complaining. I downloaded xtrackcad and I'm gonna mess around with it in hopes of figuring it out.
There are actually some really good how to videos I would watch while messing around with it. It defiantly has a steep learning curve, but a great track planning tool.

Stick with it, and you will get proficient at it!

The permanent nursing home stay for my wife gets more complicated by the day. Now our lawyer wants all the stock transactions for the last five years. Our WellsFargo advisors make these trades daily. Only in the last week did I download the app and sell stock. There are 14 pages to print out on the monthly statement we receive. We never printed any of the stock statements out until now. How many more pages will I have to drop off at our lawyer's office. Hundreds. I can't wait until this is over with.
Swal

Good afternoon, all. A nice morning, temp of 62, a slight breeze and sunny. Took the dog to the groomer and now waiting for a call to pick him up. We had 40 cents left on the grocery gas card, so I filled up the truck, We gassed the wife's car Sunday for $2. 59 before discount, today, 2 days later, $2.89 before discount. A 30 cent jump in 2 days.
No trains yesterday and today is not looking very promising.

STAY SAFE
LATER

I can work from home...sort of. I am on a DSL link, so 5mb service is what I have. I also can't help people with phone calls or see them at their desk as easily. We do have cable internet in the area, but I refuse to give them any more business after poor service at another home we had them at. Every time a new house would be built behind me, my cable would get cut and I'd have to get a bill and contest it because they didn't put the lines in the utility easement. Easier for their contractor to go point to point with the wire instead running the extra in the easement (underground utilities).
Totally understand

Good afternoon. I was planning to take the wife to the airport but the daughter and she decided lunch out together and I wasn’t invited.

I did the postal run this morning. 2 packages the exact same size and a few ounces less than last month to California and it was more. There was a 5.4% postal rate increase that went into affect on 1/24. I have been shipping almost daily (not Sunday) but just use the calculator at USPS.com. I didn’t realize the prices increased until today when my 2 regular California customers shipments were more. They have been the same orders since mid-Summer 2022. That might be the 4th postal increase since then.

10 pieces of rolling stock and 1 locomotive to keep within his budget for the one guy. I still have 60 pieces of rolling stock and 6 locomotives in inventory to do for him.

That was the last monthly shipment of 5 cars to the other guy.

The postal insurance has increased also and it’s more than 5.4%. Oh well, I only charge exact shipping and insurance charges.

Sherrel, keep your hopes up. Easy to say but a positive attitude goes a long way

The permanent nursing home stay for my wife gets more complicated by the day. Now our lawyer wants all the stock transactions for the last five years. Our WellsFargo advisors make these trades daily. Only in the last week did I download the app and sell stock. There are 14 pages to print out on the monthly statement we receive. We never printed any of the stock statements out until now. How many more pages will I have to drop off at our lawyer's office. Hundreds. I can't wait until this is over with.
Swal
One thing to keep in mind, Even if the last 3 pages of a monthly statement are blank, you have to produce them...otherwise the case worker handling the case will consider it withholding information...No common sense here. And be sure they are in order. Hang in there Swal!

My wife has a system of writing a password on a scrap of paper and shoving it in a drawer. Eventually, whatever she made the password for logs her out.

Now which drawer did I put that in... finds them three drawers and 50 password scraps later... which one of these is the current one????

Yeah... I guess I can see it.
I have a little Spiral notebook that I use for passwords. One page per site, Name of site, user name, and password. I keep it in my desk drawer, and it never leaves the house. Great for those times when Senility Strikes.

Morning folks

Too warm January continues. What a month. The temperature records for both extremes were broken.

Another photo from that 1980 visit to Snoqualmie. Ex Ostrander No 7, a 1926 Baldwin 2-6-6-2 Mallet. It was operational at that time.
53495926287_4693376285_b.jpg
Last august i paid a visit to that rail museum, first time. They have two mallets there currently. This is probably the same machine and it is sitting at the back of the station:
20230804_103757_HDR.jpg

Interesting use of a tank car adapted as the water tender for that machine:
20230804_104407_HDR.jpg

Overall a very cool place. And especially for an "easterner" like me who is used to seeing different types of equipment in museums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back