Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
421554795_24974128668845093_7536826002989319899_n.jpg

Good evening: Here in Central Jersey, it's cloudy with fog and drizzle. This afternoons temperature reached 57°. Tonight's low is predicted to be 44°, with another change in wind direction, and heavier rain. The temperatures over the weekend will fluctuate from the high 40s to the upper 30s, with more wet.

Spent more time in the trainroom, and finally resumed moderate exercises...

Progress on a bulkhead flatcar lumber load.

These are the walthers 60' (48' IL). Nice cars. Does anyone know of prototype photos for them? I find it interesting that there is all the extra space on the ends. View attachment 180069
Nice looking load. However this car is not a prototype car. It does look interesting though. The real thing in that numbering range looks like this.
1706232813789.png

That is the closest number that I could find to the one you posted. The description from Railcar Photos shows that the number that you have is in the range of this series of cars for Columbia & Cowlitz Ry. To quote from Railcar Photos:
Equipment Notes: CLC series 1101-1250 built by Pacific Car & Foundry, Lot ___, ___-80. Leased from Brae Railease. Ref STB 12767-A. Cars are considered bulkhead flatcars and carry AAR Type and Mech. Designation accordingly.

Full page is here. It is entirely possible that their information is wrong, as the car that you posted is a Pullman Standard and not a Pacific Car & Foundry model.

Last edited:
Good morning all Dare I say it is a sunny day?
It was good to see our daughter last night as she headed home. She works hard and is seen all around the U.K..

I wish I could say the same about our DiL. Dawn is becoming furious with her. Only ringing us when wanting something (generally money. Taking it and no thanks whatsoever). Dawn is so angry. "I only give her the money for the grandchildren," she says.
Anyway. A long story short, Dawn is having a new will written cutting Son & DiL out. "They have had enough from us," says Dawn.

Back later

Good morning fellow modelers. It’s raining in So. Central Wisconsin. It is 34f degrees feels like 31 and the high for the day should be a snow melting before your eyes 38.

Finishing some stuff up in the workshop today. Last night I finished taking the doodles of the next owner of this house and turned them into the slot car track he wants built. Funny he got my name from the LHS and the local RC/slot car store.

Today at 3 Terry and I will watch the now #2 ranked UW Badger women play #5 Minnesota Duluth in hockey on the TV.. Then we will head out around 5:30 for the Friday fish fry. We have talked though of waiting to 7pm when the waiting for a table will be over. Usually no reservations are taken on Friday’s at the places we go and from 4:15 to 7 you end up waiting at the bar. At 7 the bar is packed but sitting for a table seems to be instant. It’s like a Wisconsin miracle

The ears get lowered at 9 this morning.

Soda is on sale at 2 stores today. 6 packs of 16.9oz. bottles are $2.99 you must buy 4 six packs and you can mix brands at our Pick & Save (krogers). At our preferred HyVee, a 24 pack of 12oz cans is $8.88, Pepsi brands only.

enjoy the day

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those with colour changing feet.

It's Troy again...

Got the audio books as done as they're going to get. Don't worry, we're not at Skynet phase yet. I had to go in and have the AI narrator re-read a line because it couldn't pronounce "similarly" correctly. It took 5 iterations total with my trying various ways of spelling it phonetically. Once it got that word mostly correct, it had shifted Orange and Engine pronunciations (Oh-rang and En gINE with a long I sound).

This morning I changed it back to the first generation of the paragraph. One word wrong was better than four instances of two other words mispronounced.

I did have the Image generator make up visuals of two different minor characters in the new book:
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 6.11.26 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 6.19.27 AM.png

That's Rachel the bartender, and Eddie the thug. In chapter learns it's not wise to mess with the protagonist... or he should have. In chapter two, he really learns it. Or not. He's not the type to learn from his painful mistakes.

In other news, the cat's magical food dish (gravity dispenser) is down to about three days' worth of food. He's letting me know he's close to starving.

I'll be heading out for a Cat Food run soon. But first, I need to see what kind of trouble Eddie the thug is about to whip up... Poor Eddie. He just doesn't learn.

Morning all,

38° and cloudy with dense fog this morning. Could barely see farther that 25' in front of the truck and idiots have their high beams on. Supposed to remain cloudy through tomorrow afternoon. Any real rain will remain south of the Kansas\Oklahoma border. A bit cooler tomorrow and then the temps jump into the 50's starting Sunday. Hopefully we'll get some sun as it's been overcast for nearly the past 2 weeks. At least the temps are rising.

Wished my oldest sister happy birthday as now she's old like me 😁...until next month when I get older than her again 😢.

How long is a minute????

Depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on.

Good Morning All,

Wednesday was exciting. from Boston to Detroit, all went well, then I found my flight to Milwaukee delayed from 9:30 PM to 7:30 AM. Language omitted. I got the last seat on a flight to Madison (Always be nice to your gate agent. They can make your life wonderful or miserable!) and the wife had to drive out and pick me up. I live about halfway between Milwaukee and Madison. The fog was dense almost the whole way home and still pretty thick yesterday when I had to drive to the Milwaukee airport to pick up the car and my bag. I'll be heading out the door shortly back to the airport heading off to Springfield for the Amherst show. Looking forward to it, but this is the third flight and hotel in two weeks. Getting too old for this shit! 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back