Running Bear's January 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you worried about my diet after the recent pics of the bark in the oven. Here's a use of that substance.

BTW: these are dwarf berserkers... Gimli with mohawks, and even bigger attitudes. Think of them as all named Karen and in the mood to speak with the manager.

View attachment 159203

View attachment 159201
I think if I was fed a steady diet of oven-roasted bark, I'd have attitude issues, as well.

Jack just didn't seem to gel and get along with his linemates.
Jack believed the hype that surrounded him....and as you said, never meshed with the team. In Vegas, he gets more media hype. I'm not impressed by him at all. Eichel also seems injury prone...Tage is a team player who quietly excels and has become a star in his own right.

Last night Buffalo was not intimidated by the Older, more experienced star power Capitals. They kept coming back and ultimately capitalized on a Capital's mistake to win the game in OT. I was very impressed by their play.

Last edited:
Good evening fellow Ferroequinologists!

Spent 5 minutes on line today to get an insurance quote for adding the little red truck with historic tags with Hagerty, the collector car insurance company. Had a response almost immediately, $300.00 a year.

Spent 5 minutes 3 times today online to get a quote from my regular insurance carrier, still can't get a straight answer. The tags are coming next week, guess who is insuring it!

I did screw and glue more boards together tonight. It's starting to look good!

Eating oven roasted bark? What??? I didn't work out so well for Euell Gibbons.

A group of Karens, don't you mean an HOA??
.….I wonder if anything has accidentally dropped out of earth orbit…..doh…..
🎼🎵 What goes up, must come down,🎶 Spinning wheel, got to go round🎵🎶

Time for nitey night

end of transmission...

end of transmission.jpg

Good Morning All. Clear, still and 35°, maybe reaching 60° later on. Looks like jeans today. Tonight might reach freezing and then another ten days of perfect winter weather. My contribution to National Trivia Day; even though the days have been getting longer for the last two weeks, today is the latest sunrise of the winter.
Yesterday's perfect weather afforded me with the opportunity to bask in the sunlight outdoors for most of the day. I organized and stacked some firewood that had been scattered about which will make it easier to mow later this month. Yes, I expect to mow this month which is not all that unusual. I cleaned up and oiled all of the gardening tools. Nice thing about the metal handled ones is that I don't have to use the neatsfoot oil on those handles. I also located all of them so I won't run into them with the mower either. Took a couple of wagon loads of stuff to the dumpster, including the old artificial Christmas tree. Still waiting on the elusive phone call from the body shop. I have to make a salvage yard run and don't want to do that in the rental vehicle.

Thanks as always for the likes and comments from yesterday.

Short day out in the train shed yesterday, so I didn't accomplish much. Ran trains instead. I did some minor work organizing wiring under the upper level. I shuffled some completed structures for the Ethanol Refinery around to see how stuff will eventually go. Looks like I have about 40"x 16" from the end of the existing scenery to the beginning of the refinery itself that I will happily fill. I will start to paint the backdrop next, whether it will be today will have to be determined by the honey-do list that I know exists.

From the archives comes Woody's Country Mart. It resides north of Wayne Feeds featured yesterday.
View attachment 159145
View attachment 159146

Chris -

Haven't you done this before??;)
Troy - My bout with sciatica last fall started on the left side only for a few weeks. Some days it was pretty intense. Then it moved to the right side for a while but wasn't nearly as painful. Ken (D&J) suggested an exercise that really helped me. Cross your legs and lean over as far as you can. Repeat while crossing them the opposite way.. Do it a couple of times, really helped me more than pain relievers.
Dave B - You're confusing me with the building that you have referred to as your Cornerstone building. It looks like a Smalltown USA structure that I have built before!
I can still walk in three directions when leaving my house. Going north it's 1.5 miles to the next road and I pass one house 1200' from me. Going south it's 1.25 miles with just one house back in the woods 1/4 mi away. Going west I run into neighbors 1/4 mile away, uphill, before it dead-ends.
Jeff - I just accept the fact that my pond will dry completely out more often than not. It was 9' deep when built, now down to 7' since I haven't scooped it out in about 12 years.
Patrick - Mostly the Geek Squad here is pretty good, but thankfully I don't have to use them often.
Gary - That's too bad about your wife not wanting to travel to the US. But agreeably, there's a few cities that I have no desire to go to as well. Karl mentioned two of them. From where you are, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and Northeast New York state are rather nice.

Everyone have a great day. Stay safe and warm, and dry if you're on the Left Coast.

Willie: Is Gary Boyd still around ?

Good morning. It's cloudy and 67.
A couple of things happened yesterday, neither of them good.
First, I have come down with "something". Sneezing, runny nose, head full of cotton, sore throat, etc. No fever, just miserable.
Second, we had strong thunderstorms roll through before midnight, and dumped a lot of rain in a short time. The good news is, no leaks.

Morning all,

Sad when I have to tell the vendor where he broke our system and where to correct his mistake. At least what he originally was asked to fix is working. Should have taken him 15 minutes, not 3 different techs trying to figure out something isn't working because some idiot changed the database password and didn't change it in the application that uses the account for maintenance purposes.

5 years and 6 weeks to go...

On another note it's currently 29° and clear going for a high today of 50°. Not really bad for the first week of January.

Good Morning All. Clear and 35° here in North Central Texas, nice and far away from the dysfunctional nations capital. Ten day forecast is still looking good with highs in the upper 50's-upper 60's; and lows in the low 40's. Mostly sunny the whole time - I appreciate sunlight and get really moody during extended overcast weather.
Thanks to all who sent well wishes for my birthday yesterday. While on paper I am older, I don't feel that way!
Finally got the car back yesterday afternoon, after two weeks at the body shop enduring backordered parts and wrong parts. Bonus! I was able to leave the rental vehicle there instead of taking it 18 miles back to where I got it. Now, where's that damn deer?
Life goes on, today is the weekly grocery/beer trek, I have no medical appointments until next week and my wife started stripping down the Christmas tree, two days early...Epiphany is not until Saturday.

Thanks also for the likes and comments regarding the Country Mart posted yesterday.

The train shed was a no-show yesterday, We left to pick up the car as soon as I got up from my afternoon nap and my other neighbor, a 76 year old youngster stopped by to chat when he saw us come home. He had noticed the different car for a while and had to get the lowdown. Plus he needed to pay me his monthly share of the garbage dumpster that I sub out to him and one other neighbor.
I may be running out of photos, but I don't think that I showed these in a few years. Still in the same town is Earl's Oil.
05-28-20 001.JPG

05-28-20 002.JPG

05-28-20 003.JPG

Tom O - Hope that the household transfer went well for you. I can do well staying out of the way, but I still want to oversee silently.
Karl - I loved playing Trivial Pursuit back in the days, but eventually I ran out of opponents. Mainly due to everybody being too busy with youngsters. After a while, no one could remember where they put the game!o_O
JazzDad - A buddy of mine almost got the job as general manager of the GE locomotive plant that was built in Ft Worth TX. He was one of three finalists but eventually someone from their Erie plant was transferred.
James - Get well soon.
Mikey -
Since you know the way now, maybe you can enjoy the scenery along the way more?
Right now I am enjoying a good view of Mars, Jupiter, Venus and Mercury. Tomorrow night it's the full moon.

Everybody have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back