Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time to go run some trains
So, I'm not the only one totally disinterested in the Made for TV event. I headed down to the layout also. Caps lost 3-2 in OT, St Louis clobbered the Habs 7-2. Ovie got his 13th Goal. Not sure what he is on pace for, but it's not what it was before.

Made it to 48°, this afternoon. Going to 34° overnight. Partly sunny tomorrow, then rain and snow through Tuesday. It will be sunny, windy and cold on Wednesday, when I go for my 12 month TAVR follow up.

and the backdrop is blue all around...

427781494_18407054026035711_8379935817766352176_n.jpg

Certainly some good material here, but I can't say that all of them were intros. "Lady Madonna" and "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" for example, were just good piano playing throughout the track. "Layla" is absolutely fantastic, but as pointed out was not an intro. Some of Billy Joel's earlier stuff (before he became a "pop" star) was very good, but there were no significant intros. I am not totally familiar with many recordings made after 2000 or so, and I cannot comment or judge them.
I failed to mention in my earlier post, the Mellotron. It's use by the Moody Blues, King Crimson, Yes and the early version of Genesis, set the stage for and was supplanted by synthesizers. Other bands used it as well, including Lynyrd Skynyrd on the song "Free Bird" mentioned here last week.
Now on to my regular post!;)
Willie according to the above pole Poco Harem's Whiter Shade of Pale was number one but they also said any of the top 5 were just as good.
Swal

Good morning from a soggy central Alabama, we have gotten about 3" in the 12 hours with another 1.5" possible this morning,
Thunder storms have interrupted my sleep for the last time about a hour ago, but I can not get back asleep.
Super Bowl was an interesting game for a change. Overtime was probably the best part.
I am trying to decide on my next railroad project, a vehicle kit or a structure.
Decisions, decisions- think I will get a cup of coffee and a sausage biscuit to hold me until breakfast.

Good morning from a very slow morning in the diner. I’m awake and grabbed a blanket hoping I can get some more sleep but on the chair in the cave. Wide awake at 5 and I need more than 3.5 hours of sleep.

Hobby dying? Here are some demographics from my Facebook page for January 2024. These are the visiting ages of the over 2700 visits to my page
IMG_4292.png

less then 1/2 my visitors are over 55. How accurate is this? FB makes a lot of money with the info they gather, so it’s pretty good is my guess

Yesterday, Super Sunday was a good day. My granddaughter was over for some pool time, lunch, games and the pool again before her dad came to pick her up. I asked her who she was rooting for in that football game and she’s said Taylor and was right

The diner was dark but the front door unlocked so the coffee is ready for when Mel and the ladies get her

enjoy the day

Willie according to the above pole Poco Harem's Whiter Shade of Pale was number one but they also said any of the top 5 were just as good.
Swal
I guess that I was strictly thinking along the lines of unaccompanied keyboard intros. "Whiter Shade of Pale" has drums, bass and guitar along with the organ. Is it memorable? Yes. Is it groundbreaking? Not in my opinion. Again, it depends on who is doing the rating. More trivia: That's the only track on Procul Harem's first album that Robin Trower does not play on.

Well, howdy there internet peeps

it's troy again.

Made the mistake of drinking a lot of iced tea yesterday. I don't normally do caffeine all day like that. Went to bed at 10ish and woke up at 11:00 fully awake. Headed to the recliner to see that the Swifties won the Sportsball Event.

Took me another hour to fall back asleep.

think I'll hold off on Iced tea for a while. Just drink it with meals.

The problem is, I'm the only coffee/tea drinker in the house. So even making 3 quarts in the "small" jug, is too much for one day if I don't want the caffeine.

Here's another snarky talking cat pic for you from the image generator:
Punkin-Pirate 1.jpg

I've got a version of it out on my author social media. I need to test these images for impact before using them in ads on Facebook. BUT, there are a few, very, very vocal authors who insist on commenting on other author's posts, and review pages. they don't do so politely, and are all about naming and shaming the "Foul stench of AI use..."

One in particular is irate because he has a business photographing body builders, getting model releases, and selling those images for romance book covers. He is going through a need to reinvent his business, and instead of doing so, he's joined the name and shame crowd. Pity that he'd rather bully others, than actually retool his business approach.

So, we'll see how long it takes for the name-n-shame crowd to show up. I won't take the bullying lightly, and will be reporting any and all comments on the posts that warrant it.

In other news, I ordered a bookcase from Ikea yesterday. It should arrive today. I could have spent a day driving to Indy, taking the parts out of the box so the individual pieces would fit in my Camry with the seats down... Or I could pay the $49 for a delivery two hours up the road. I opted for the delivery. Just need to be here from noon on to sign for it.

OK, grocery time once I shower, start some laundry, and clean the cat's water fountain (every monday chore).

Morning all,

Well changed plans yesterday and visited mom near Kansas City yesterday. Wife stayed home. So no trains over the weekend as I also didn't get to the Saturday only train shop either.

Currently 28° in Doo Dah going for 54° later. Not a lot going on yet today.

Glad to hear Alan Parson's Project mentioned in the past few pages. One of my favorite "nobody's heard of" bands. Local oldies rock station won't play them.

Terry: Good Luck today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back