Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning folks

February off to the same place January left it, warm and dry. Currently clear sky, 42F, and the sun just now peaking over the Bridger Range. We may get a little snow tomorrow but I suspect "little" is going to be the operative word. What a 180 degree difference from last year.

And thinking about tomorrow. If there isn't any winter, does what Pux Phil sees actually matter? Deep questions-----

I'm sidetracked on the scanner again with a couple more Beartooth Mountains backpack trips.

Happy February everyone!

Lots of chatter in here today, opened it up and had 20 posts to read through. Thats good to see!

Weather is looking good today. Bright, sunny with a high of 55 degrees. Can't ask for much better in February! Next 10 days looks stellar as well!

Nothing really going on here. Have a volleyball game tonight for my daughter. That season should be winding down here in a couple of weeks and should be able to get back to the basement again.

Have a great day everyone!

I had the opportunity to watch Nolan Ryan in person 4-5 times while he was with Texas. A company that I dealt with had season tickets behind the 1st base dugout, just behind George Bush's tickets, and they took me quite often. I'm still not sure why George Bush sat behind the dugout instead of in a luxury box when he was the majority owner?
Belated Happy Birthday to Angela.
I only saw Nolan Ryan pitch once when he was with the Angels. We sat behind home plate. He had an amazing arm, his fastball looked alive! I never saw anything like it. I felt sorry for his catcher after hearing the pop of the glove. His change up and curve ball were all but undetectable, and both had well above average break. It's no wonder he threw so many no hitters.

Ryan struggled to throw strikes that day, his only weakness, and he only lasted three innings. I can't say if the Orioles hitters were being patient, or they did not want to swing. I can't see how anybody could hit him. Your only hope would be "sit dead red" and hope your bat finds the ball. Better yet, don't swing and hope he walks you.

George may have wanted to be close to the field to hear the banter of the players. I bet you heard a few funny things and some you can't repeat.

Angela said thank you!

It's been in the 40s to mid 50s the last week including today. Supposed to rain and get colder and even "wintery mix" for the next week starting tonight. Right now 53F. It's been nice. I'll take more of this right now. A lot better considering our house project than last winter dumping on us every week or so.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day doing chores. Around lunch time the mechanic showed up and is working on the van as I type this. In the train room I stained the strip wood with A&I and glued the bracing to the wooden walls. Tomorrow is Dad's VA appointment so no train room time.

Louis- Happy belated birthday to your wife. I read somewhere that the Orioles are being sold.

TomO- Bay Hill is about 40 minutes from me.:D

Hughie- Great job on the build and night shot.

Bill- Interesting trim on the station.

Smudge- Great video. At first I thought it was double headed.

rgeiter- Looks like pet shenanigans to me!

Willie- Nice layout shots.

Joe- Nice layout shot. That has a lot of potential.

David- Sorry to hear about your granddaughter.

Mike- I watched it with my kids.

I hope everyone has a good day.

afternoon at all..............

Haven't posted much lately as I have been busy.
Working some on a lingering decoder install. And with this blast of spring like weather, I've been back on benchwork in the train room. While the train room and my small work shop area is heated and cooled, the large work area in my building where I cut large plywood pieces is not. So I am taking advantage of the fine weather we are having ( 75 degrees for a high today ) to cut my plywood pieces. Back to work.

Hope everyone is happy and well........John

Been a busy morning into the afternoon.

I had to be outdoors connecting a sewer lift station into our fiber network. It was warm enough to leave the jacket in the truck. Currently 71° and mostly sunny.

I forgot to mention that I got my state refund yesterday. Now if only the feds were that quick...

I'm still stuck getting access to all my wife's retirement accounts. One of her accounts Norhtern Trust OKed the POA I sent in about 30 minutes. The other Metlife said, it would take anywhere from 12 to 15 days. The account is a good money maker for us, but I guess they don't spend a lot of money on company lawyers. What do you have one lawyer up there to handle everything.?
Swal

My friends called today to play but I had to meet with the lawyer. I asked him how everyone was playing? He said he shot 49 for 9 holes and won money. I told him I got to get over there if you guys are just braking 50. The last two times I played 9 in this weather I shot 43.
Swal

I'm still stuck getting access to all my wife's retirement accounts. One of her accounts Norhtern Trust OKed the POA I sent in about 30 minutes. The other Metlife said, it would take anywhere from 12 to 15 days. The account is a good money maker for us, but I guess they don't spend a lot of money on company lawyers. What do you have one lawyer up there to handle everything.?
Swal
We had the most problem with Fidelity, and Wells Fargo. Met life just wants to keep the money....

After today sunny and mid 30's for next week.
People around here worry about the groundhog and what the rest of winter will be We have Dunkirk Dave (Dunkirk,NY) Buffalo Bob I think he's new and Phil in PA. Hate to break the news but 6 weeks early or 6 more weeks either way it's 6 weeks. I don't worry about spring until St Patrick's day. We usually have some type of snow storm ice storm or something around that time. After that then you can think about spring, at least around here.

Morning folks

February off to the same place January left it, warm and dry. Currently clear sky, 42F, and the sun just now peaking over the Bridger Range. We may get a little snow tomorrow but I suspect "little" is going to be the operative word. What a 180 degree difference from last year.

And thinking about tomorrow. If there isn't any winter, does what Pux Phil sees actually matter? Deep questions-----

I'm sidetracked on the scanner again with a couple more Beartooth Mountains backpack trips.
D'ja ever have one of those times...where you're reading really, really fast...maybe trying to catch up with a thread, for example...
...and you come across a couple of words you don't see very often? And you read as though one of the letters in the second word is in the first word too? But it actually isn't?

You might do this several times, in fact, before you finally realize your mistake...and have to do a headslap? Because the combination of the two words is really quite benign after all?

That just happened to me....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back