Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
1551204303191.png

April 6, 1956: B&O S1 #226 pulls a string of empties down Water St. in Georgetown, Washington, DC. The empties will likely be spotted on the long passing siding to the west of the Aqueduct bridge for pickup by the Georgetown Local. Photo by R. Mumford. From Ben Sullivan site. http://sluggyjunx.com/rr/gb/

Here in Jersey, our snowfall this year is well below average, which happens every so many years. I'm not complaining either.

Willie and Dave: Thanks for sharing your photos. Great work on the structures guys!

Greg: Know what you mean. Recall a Philly Eagles playoff game in the early 80s in Philly. It was so cold and windy that most of the people retreated to their cars and listened to the game on their car radios. The following weekend, was the NFC Championship game. I had to work, but due to the cold, I had trouble giving the tickets away.

Louis: Nice photo of the B&O Georgetown Branch. Reminds me of PC / CR delivered coal to the Pentagon and the GSA power plant in the District.

There used to be many branches within the District, Serving Union Market, Queens Chapel and the Cheverly Loop which connected the Main Line with the Magruder Branch. Note: The Magruder Branch runs between Landover and New York Avenue, which is the junction point with the Washington Union Terminal Co...The Passenger Route. The Main Line continued Southward from Landover to CP RO, in Arlington VA, the junction point with the Richmond Fredericksburg & Potomac RR.

Boris

Afternoon All,

Did some chores outside today. I was going to rake leaves tomorrow but it's supposed to rain, so it will probably be Thursday. I put down WS Asphalt on about 2/3's of what needs it before running out. I'm heading into Orlando Saturday to see a couple of friends and I'll go to the LHS afterwards. I also need to restock a couple of my Tamiya paints also.

Louis- Nice B&O photos.

Dave- Interesting picture angle.

Willie- Great layout scenes.

Justin- Nice Chessie photo. I'm glad you're baby is OK.

Migalyto- I don't have EZ track and I can't remove my track, but I use cheapy RA (soak the ballast) to remove it. It's glued on with a Elmers/RA/Water mix.

Karl- If you win the lottery you can have a layout in both locations! Think big.:)

Johnny- I wish I would of known you were in Orlando. Maybe we could of met for coffee and some conversation. I live on the west side of Orlando.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back again for a few minutes.

Willie - You posted while I was posting, I guess - nice photos from your layout.
Dave - sweet close-up of the lumber yard.
Sherrel and Chet - melt that snow and save it for the summer!!
Curt - Didn't realize you were in the Orlando area. I'll keep that in mind for the next time we're in Orlando. Would be great to meet you and have coffee together.

Here in Jersey, our snowfall this year is well below average, which happens every so many years. I'm not complaining either.

Willie and Dave: Thanks for sharing your photos. Great work on the structures guys!

Greg: Know what you mean. Recall a Philly Eagles playoff game in the early 80s in Philly. It was so cold and windy that most of the people retreated to their cars and listened to the game on their car radios. The following weekend, was the NFC Championship game. I had to work, but due to the cold, I had trouble giving the tickets away.

Louis: Nice photo of the B&O Georgetown Branch. Reminds me of PC / CR delivered coal to the Pentagon and the GSA power plant in the District.

There used to be many branches within the District, Serving Union Market, Queens Chapel and the Cheverly Loop which connected the Main Line with the Magruder Branch. Note: The Magruder Branch runs between Landover and New York Avenue, which is the junction point with the Washington Union Terminal Co...The Passenger Route. The Main Line continued Southward from Landover to CP RO, in Arlington VA, the junction point with the Richmond Fredericksburg & Potomac RR.

Boris
Thanks Boris, I love the details you add. Coal to the Pentagon, how cool is that?!

Have you seen the birds this year? Wow, lots of power arms! The bats were going good as well until the Twins game. Pretty sloppy defense in all the games, but that can tighten up with work. Mostly missed assignments and confusion over who is covering the bag. The birds are also loaded with good young athletes, lots to be excited about.

Chris Davis has had a few really good at bats, but not much to show for it. His hitting eye is back. He got called out on strikes on a board line call in his second AB against the Blue Jays His third AB he got behind 0-2 and then fouled off everything close until he walked. Of course the idiots who live by stats are all over him. He only had 6 plate appearances and they were already calling him a failure. Good hitters hit good pitches.

Joe - If you want some snow, I have plenty to spare. I thought I was going to drop dead trying to drag the trash can to the end of the driveway for pickup tomorrow. I have swept all of the snow off of the car yesterday. More on the way. No sense plowing again for a while..

thumbnail_20190226_132625.jpg

Howdy ...

Is anyone talking about the Amtrak train with 183 passengers stuck in snow in Oregon for 36 hours ? ...

Chet .... Thanks for posting that. I heard the train has moved now.

Dave LASM .... I like your latest photo .

Louis .... B&O had a very nice paint scheme in the 1950's.

Willie .... You have a lot of nice detail in your photos.

Sherrel ... That is a lot of snow.

Below is a farm house I made many years ago from a Campbell kit. It was on a previous layout, and it is on my current layout.

40257493333_8fd9700c46_k.jpg

Last edited:
Chet .... Thanks for posting that. I heard the train has moved now.

Dave LASM .... I like your latest photo .

Louis .... B&O had a very nice paint scheme in the 1950's.

Willie .... You have a lot of nice detail in your photos.

Sherrel ... That is a lot of snow.

Below is a farm house I made many years ago from a Campbell kit. It was on a previous layout, and it is on my current layout.

40257493333_8fd9700c46_k.jpg

Toot .. Thanks for the Ma and Pa Kettle theme song . I don’t think I could have gone through the day without that. LOL

Johnny ... I’m glad you and Dena had a good trip. I met with Curt on two of my trips to Orlando. He is a good guy for sure. Phil also lives in Orlando area, but I was not able to meet him unfortunately.

My Mom and Dad loved Ma and Pa kettle shows. They would talk about how they went to the theater and saw these serial type of programs and what fun they where! bnsf971, sorry your folks where so serious!

Right around Zero this morning and no snow! Maybe there will be a spring this year!

My Mom and Dad loved Ma and Pa kettle shows. They would talk about how they went to the theater and saw these serial type of programs and what fun they where! bnsf971, sorry your folks where so serious!
My parents were born in 1917 and 1920, and their idea of entertainment was significantly different because they grew up, and spent a good part of their lives, with nothing except maybe a radio for entertainment. I think at least some of that wore off on me, because I can't remember the last time I deliberately sat down and watched any television program. Of course, part of that is because modern TV programs pretty much suck...

Good morning Everybody!

It's 29 under a clear and sunny sky in southeast Baltimore.

Terry I can't say why your parents were so serious, but I'm glad to see it had little bearing on your sometimes silly sense of humor. :)

Being a parent is not easy. Kids don't come with manuals and we are faced with decisions to make with little or no experience to draw from. In my book a good parent is one who does what they think best day after day. We are never always right, but that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back