Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherrel. I'm with Boris on this one. Selleck doesn't look right as a cowboy, I keep waiting for him to revert to a flowery Hawaiian shirt.o_O

Sherrel
facebook_1551278724322.jpg

Maybe it's like making hard boiled eggs, I'm doing that right now.

My wife puts them in cold water, brings them to a boil for 10 minutes.

I put them into boiling salt water for 10 minutes. I crack some eggs doing it that way, but my hard boiled eggs are always perfect! I use the cracked eggs to make egg salad.
I will take a lesson from our newest Galloping Gourmet ... Chef Louis ... and go boil some eggs!
Only 7 minutes for me though

I may be a gourmet, I just don't gallop any more.
Louis - I'm with Angela, cold water to a boil for 10-12 minutes. My wife on the other hand starts with cold water, brings them to a boil for 30 seconds, covers pot and turns off heat for 12-14 minutes.

Good morning,

Lots to read this morning. Thanks for the layout photo comments!

Garry, I was keeping up with the amtrack news on the stopped passenger train. Sounds like the right of way took a beating with snow and trees. Reports were that the crew and passengers made the best of it!

I ordered decals for the locomotive yesterday, the 4-4-0 that I ordered off ebay. Will start on that next week, maybe.

Here is a scene off the layout, a scratch build gravel loader and bunch of stuff with the gravel operation:

bin2 002.JPG
bin2 001.JPG

I was having lots of trouble yesteday posting and my computer to navigate the forum, seems better today.

Enjoy the weather (to the best of your ability)

Dave

Good afternoon. It's raining (again) and 41.
I checked the level of LP in the tanks, and ordered 100 gallons to hopefully get us through the next week or so of cold weather.

Garry, I remember you had a problem with one of your furnaces, and that you heat with LP. Our bills seem to run around $300/month with just one furnace, I'd hate to think what our bill would be with two furnaces.

sometimes I think it may have something to do with my computer. I am running windows 7 and maybe windows 10 works better?

however, it is working today. Sometimes I have to click a button twice with a 30 second pause

Yeah - I'm having problems with the forum today and yesterday. takes forever to move from one location in the forum to another.

No problems with forum.
No problem with weather. Bright sunny day , 80* , mild breeze.
Winter at its best tho might have to mow lawn friday.

Phil

My MIL's sister died last night, in England. That's where my MIL's from. My BIL lives near her, so he's taking point on telling her, but I expect we'll be making some trips to Detroit over the next few days, especially if they make arrangements to Facetime the funeral. MIL is coming up on 96, and her sister was almost 99, so things could be a bit delicate. MIL is also the last survivor of 7 siblings.

Beady: Condolences to your wife, and her family.

I remember the Bickersons, Don Ameche, right? I remember having the mumps back when I was in the second grade. TV was off limits, so I listened to Gunsmoke, on the radio. Much of early TV, was recycled radio programing.

Boris

Soaps- Our Gal Sunday, Helen Trent, The Goldbergs.
Mystery- The Fatman- GangBusters The Green Hornet ,Suspense, Inner Sanctum .
Laughters- The Jack Benny Show , Red Skelton , Fibber McGee and Molly ,The Breakfast Club

Being five to ten years older than Garry and Sherrel and most everyone else, these are all I can recall at this time.

Beady-Our condolences to the family.

Phil

Afternoon All,

Spent most of the day raking leaves. I got 16 bags of oak leaves today, so that comes out to a total of 29 bags so far this year. Last year we had a total of 40 bags after 4 rakings. Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow.

Chet- Nice rail shot, but you have too much snow!

Garry- Nice job on the farm house and nice layout shot.

Johnny- No issues. I look forward to meeting you when you come back here.

Beady- Prayers and condolences for your family's loss.

Greg- Nice layout shot.

Dave- Also nice layout shot.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back