Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning : Just a quick note. It's 51 this AM heading to a high of 61 with overcast. It rained some more during the night and is expected to rain off and on (here) all day. Up north of LA and in the foothills they are expecting 4-7 inches of rain and 2+ feet of snow in the mountains.

I'm off to the store early this morning ... it's not raining at this time ... want to get there before the normal heavy Saturday crowds.

I'm still scratching my head over Karl's statement about the idiots with the diesels = Dummies!

That's how I learned, except there was no E-Bay at the time. Although I have to admit that I haven't yet after 30 years attempted any weathering on a $100+ engine!
The $100+ one turn out the best.The more detail the better it enhances it.I got 2 Scale Trains and 1 Intermountain Gevo's to do I'll get before and after pics.
Mailman just came got 3 Walthers 60' high cube.Nice detail.
IMG_2478.jpg

Great photos Bruette! Can you tell me if the USS Constellation is still in Baltimore Harbor and where is the Pride of Baltimore parked over the winters?

The USS Constellation is in deed still in the Baltimore harbor and she is open for visitors today from 11:30am until 4:00pm
You might enjoy this, http://historicships.org/constellation.html

The Pride of Baltimore II is in her maintenance berth here in Baltimore.
http://pride2.org/state-of-pride/

Come to Baltimore for a visit, stop by my house as well.

Sorry I took so long to reply, I'm up and down back and forth, only God knows what I'll get up to!

I have absolutely no idea how you guys manage to remember who said what, and you can reply to 5 or 6 others in a single post.

It's 29 F, right now, almost 50 degrees warmer than it was the other night. Looks like we might have snow and/or rain later on. Im surprised that the temperature change hasnt been accompanied by strong winds; right now, it's dead calm.

FB_IMG_1549099032682.jpg

Thank you Willie, I'm sorry I was late in mentioning my Angels birthday.

Terry, I had never heard that, ("JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket'), but it's the truth!

My daughter who drives the huge 4x4 Jeep... thing is a school teacher, when it looks like snow they are off from school. They keep their boat in the water year round, why they need a huge 4x4 jeep? I don't know, but she loves it! I'm not paying their bills so I have nothing to say. Her jeep is baby blue and white and every time I see it I think of the beach boys.

Did I mention they live in a $300,000+ row home on a narrow street in Baltimore city? Now that's jeep country...

It's a good thing her husband makes good money working for GE because she obviously did not learn much about spending from me.

Morning All,

I have plans this afternoon so I figured I would post early. First, thank you to everyone about well wishes for my daughter. She is doing much better. I think what did the trick was the IV fluids for her dehydration.

On the modeling front my next step is to put on a flat awning supported by 3 wires. I decided last night to build a full size mockup to practice with before doing it on the kit. This will be my first time doing this.

Migalyto- Very nice looking loco.

Sherrel- You should know you can tell a daughter things, but that doesn't mean they listen!o_O

Garry- Safe travels.

Louis- You're work day sounds like a adventure. Glad Tucker continues to do well. Is he wearing the cone of shame?

Willie- It's tough to weather the first one, but after that it's like anything else in the hobby.

Tom- Nice looking details on the box car.

I hope everyone has a good day.

I have absolutely no idea how you guys manage to remember who said what, and you can reply to 5 or 6 others in a single post.

It's 29 F, right now, almost 50 degrees warmer than it was the other night. Looks like we might have snow and/or rain later on. Im surprised that the temperature change hasnt been accompanied by strong winds; right now, it's dead calm.

View attachment 34010

I’m with you on not caring about the Super Bowl. I’m happy spring training is around the corner.

The radio replacement was not as difficult as I thought it would be.
Other than an almost complete dismantling of the dash assembly, it was pretty straightforward. Total time, start to finish, was about an hour and a half. Now, I have to call Sirius, and get them to update the ESN for the replacement radio.

I know I have the same problem.What I do is open a second page so I can click over and back to repley.
The John Deere forum I belong to has it where you can multi quote a post and write a reply under each.

Tom,

That looks great! Can you explain your technique? I have a couple of Walther’s SD70s that would be perfect to try.

Tom,

That looks great! Can you explain your technique? I have a couple of Walther’s SD70s that would be perfect to try.
I use true color grimy black and sp depot trim brown.
I start with the trim brown,if you look at pics of engines (I use youtube and CSX photo archives) you'll see that a lot of engines have a combo of dirty brownish and grimy black.
I start with the brown,spraying a light coat.I spray newspaper and adjust the flow till I get a light spray of paint.Spray at different angles up,down,side to side.This is why light coats are important.The brown is only use on the trucks,tank and some walkway level.Looking at prototype pics help for reference.
Next is the grimy black,again light coat you don't want to cover up the brown just tone it down a bit.I spray some on the intake grills for the rad and if the prototype is really dirty a light coat can tone down the shine.Teer 4 run cleaner than the older ones but if they are mu with older ones they'l get that soot and grime on them.
I don't know if UP and BNSF have photo site to look at engines but this is what I use for CSX.

http://www.trainweb.org/csxphotos/

I couldn't agree more Terry! Oh, but you bought a Ford for Marie? How could you?? I thought you loved her!
Ford = Found On Road Dead, Friggin Over Rated Disaster, Flippin Old Remanufactured Dodge!
Spelled backward: Driver Returned On Foot.

Believe it or not, I used to work for Ford a long, long time ago, in a land far, far away, and still retain some loyalty to them.
I could never get my brother to own any products produced by the blue oval people, after his 1968 LTD blew its engine with 42,000 miles on it. He blamed the car, even though he regularly drove in excess of 100mph, and the last time he had the oil changed was when the car had 30,000 miles.

I learned quite a while ago, that none of the major companies build "junk", though our friends from Italy are sorely testing that theory with some of their latest offerings.

Good afternoon. At noon we are at 59 degrees. Wondering if we'll make it up to 60. Sherrel is going to ruin out mild weather with a winter storm watch posted with weather coming up from California. the last three weather advisories fizzled out. Hope this one does also.

Never got to see the orthopedic surgeon yesterday. I was about a half mile from the office when I got a call about him having an emergency surgery. Rescheduled for Feb 15th.

Beady - I also have no plans to watch the Super Bowl. I'll most likely be running trains.

Tom - Beautiful looking locomotive. It doesn't take much to show the truck details. Probably around 30 years ago when I was custome painting freight equipment and locomotives, I would give the lower part of the loco or freight car a very light dusting of Floquil "mud" which really brings out the details. Well done.

IMAG0265.jpg Herd of Alcos.jpg

Louis
- Nice photso of the B&O locomotives, as usual plus the other pictures. I really enjoy them. I could chow down on goulash like that any day of the year. During my grandfathers final tears, he lived with us and was quite the cook, and he also made some killer goulash.

Mike
- Nice looking BNSF unit. I would guess that between all of out club members that there has to be at least 20 or so that can be running around our club layout. Some of the members wanted me to get a few, but I model the transition era on my home layout.

Karl - I think anything could be an improvement over a Jeep Liberty.

Got the laundry finished, so now I can go visit my trains. Here's a rail picture for today.

Ghost_Town_II_by_Logicalx.jpg

Later

I couldn't agree more Terry! Oh, but you bought a Ford for Marie? How could you?? I thought you loved her!
Ford = Found On Road Dead, Friggin Over Rated Disaster, Flippin Old Remanufactured Dodge!
you forgot one.

First On Race Day

The radio replacement was not as difficult as I thought it would be.
Other than an almost complete dismantling of the dash assembly, it was pretty straightforward. Total time, start to finish, was about an hour and a half. Now, I have to call Sirius, and get them to update the ESN for the replacement radio.
You should be a flat rate mechanic for a dealership. That is an amazing time for all that dash work!

I wish my Mitchel software was up to date, I'll bet 3 hours or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back