Running Bear's December 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas Gang!!

I hope everyone is having a great day! It's halftime here. We started with wife, son #4 and I doing our gift exchange, then 2 miles down the road to brunch with the Daughter, SIL and the 2 grand kids. Now a brief visit home while the wife makes a dish to take to son #3 house, where will will meet up with sons 1 & 2 along with the 2 DILs for a grand meal at 5.
Did you get a scorecard so you could keep up?

Good Afternoon All! Merry Christmas!

29F @ 77% and overcast. No white this year.

Welp, finally got the 40Amp drop at least from the upstairs to the house panel. Was gonna install it today but forgot to get the wire clamp for the box. Only had to cut a small hole in Maria's newly painted wall. Could not be helped as there was no way to run the cable downstairs then back up as to get to the basement I had to be lower than the floor in the Mud Room ( addition I did not do ). Did not want to pull any floor. So, we went up through the ceiling and was able to poke cable between the original roof and the addition roof. Whew. Will create backing on the sides of the hole, then put in 3/8 Plywood and mud over it. Easier to mud 1/8ish inch than have to mud/tape/sand a piece of wallboard in.

Anyway as you can see, now is relax time for an hour or so. After that, Rib Roast goes in the oven along with bread that is near finished building in a few minutes. And she has shrimp dip with chips along with delved eggs sitting out ... graze, graze.

LazyChristmas.jpg

One cat missing but they are all lined up too. Dogs are under my feet out of the pix. I don't know why I am the official lap for the critters.

You all enjoy!

Later

Good afternoon, all.

Christmas for us is officially in the books for this year. Had our last get together for a noon meal with my parents, it was very nice and quiet just the 5 of us. Had our gift exchange. Wife made ham, party potato's, cheesy carrots, green bean casserole, and dinner rolls. Had some of the wife's homemade cookies and candies for dessert.

Now that that's all done, it's time to head to the recliner for a well-deserved rest.

Have a great enjoyable Christmas night all!

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those who remember to post in the correct thread.

It's Troy again

Happy Boxing day to all who get boxes!

I hit the sack (well, leaned the recliner back) at 8:30 last night and only woke for potty stops and to take the next round of Mucinex. Woke with a minor sore throat. Not sure if it's due to snoring or lingering effects for the virus.

Started the day with a cup of Caramel Vanilla black tea, with a lot of honey.

I shifted the Pandora music app on my TV from Holiday tunes over to the Tiki Bar Exotica. I'm wondering how the railroad benchwork would look with some Tiki-inspired fascia and support legs? Tapa cloth style skirting? I'll be building some Tiki-inspired wood furniture for the basement cave this summer. Need to start collecting Tiki Mugs too.

OK, time to get the coffee going. Back later.

Here's a Tiki-Hula-Beach Music tune for you to start your day off right

Morning all,

31° and cloudy, with a light snow falling. It's that tiny pellet type snow, but you see just a trace of it in the curb, but you have to look hard. Only hit 1 intersection where it was slick, and even that wasn't bad enough to set the traction control going on the truck.

Ended up having the grandson help me bury the wires for the TV in our bedroom after lunch yesterday. He has smaller hands that can get into the wall easier. so I now have no wires running down the wall where they can be seen, at least I won't after I tie them back.

Didn't get any train time as there was just too much going on. Maybe this next weekend...

BBL

Good morning. It's 67 and mostly cloudy.
I spent the holiday weekend at our son's house, spending the time with him and his soon-to-be fiance.
Among the highlights was a sprint to the local electronics emporium Sunday to buy a replacement tv, after the dog and cat knocked the old one off its cabinet while chasing each other, and teaching the girlfriend how to set ignition points in her antique Jeep using a matchbook and screwdriver.

Good morning from a cooling Wisconsin. Yesterday we were in the high 50’s and the WeatherChannel app says today maybe 35f degrees. It’s dry again after a few days of seemingly continuous rain.

Christmas Eve and then Christmas Day were most excellent. A surprise was the son and daughter combined on a present to Terry and I. I can’t ever remember a joint gift to us from the kids but we will enjoy this one. 10 days in May in Montreal with all expenses paid. Terry spent a day there this past Summer while I was golfing in Nova Scotia and loved it.

Not real sure what the plans are for today. Terry, the son, daughter and granddaughter are out riding but started at 7:30 instead of Terry’s normal time of 5:30. I know lunch and dinner are left overs and maybe tomorrow too! I do have 1 gift certificate for the LHS as Terry stopped there when one of my online wishlist items was sold out. So maybe a drive there this morning after 10.

Later today the son and I are going to install some sound effects on one of the curves on the layout. I have a few of The Squealer from Iowa Scaled Engineering. Wheel squeal on the curve. We will install one together and then I should have little issues installing the others another time. He had been looking at the schematic and seeing if he can hook up an old woofer but decided to install per the directions first. He is also looking at adding sounds to the paper mill and I told him as long as the sounds are adjustable or are able to be turned off knock himself out. By trade and certification he is a sound engineer that he still dabbles in occasionally but no longer works the Austin club scene.

I have some inventory work to do regarding the rolling stock roster. I keep a spreadsheet but I am investigating using switch lists for operations and finding software for that. Enjoy the day!

Good morning, all!

Weather is similar to what Tom is experiencing. Not sure yet what the day will bring but will include a little layout time later. Wife has came down with some bug last night and has a cough and sore throat. Ran to CVS this morning for cough drops and Dayquil. I'm staying away!

Sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas. Now it's on to New Years.

Have a safe day all!

Good Morning All. Happy Boxing Day to all subjects of the Commonwealth nations. Clear, sunny and 28° here on the SFW estate. Up & down high temperatures for the next 10 days depending on the clouds or lack of. Lows around freezing most of the time, typical January pattern.

Wife decided yesterday morning before we left that she didn't want to spend the night in Dallas, so home we came. We brought along the granddog since her family is leaving for South Jersey tomorrow morning to see SIL's parents. She warned me in advance so Grandpa would limit his alcohol intake. She cannot see well enough to be able to drive in the dark except at reduced speeds. The Christmas Day festivities were OK, nothing special, but too much good food at both places. I'll post my model railroading booty later today. It's still out in the car right now. While I have no issue going out in my robe and slippers only, the melting frost will get the robe wet as I lean in and remove stuff. I already have doggie footprints in the kitchen since she doesn't understand the concept of walking on the mat when she comes in.

I wasn't in the train shed yesterday, but sometime recently I started the second of the three resin kits from NuComp Miniatures that I dug out earlier this month.
IMG_1168.JPG

Yep! The mobile home. Originally this kit and 5 other mobile homes along with the storage shed and the yet to be done mowers/soda machines were in one combo kit containing 8 total kits. This is the last mobile home to be done; the other 5 already reside on the layout.
Simple enough although resin kit parts from this manufacturer are notorious for their poor fit. Plus many were warped slightly which takes a bit longer to glue together.
IMG_1179.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG

Painting will commence next. I did install the window glass already.

Troy - Dammit fellow, get well soon.
Terry - A girlfriend who can work on cars! That's a keeper.:)

I came across an interesting website Sunday for all types of news especially politics. It's called All Sides News. They take the day's leading stories and aggravate both left and right sources so you can see the difference. Example: comparing Fox News and MSNBC's takes on the same story. They don't take sides, just present all sides as their name implies.
All Sides

That's it for now, everyone have a great day; stay warm and safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back