Running Bear's December 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
More on new life for old locos,

Tyco rebuilt 011 -enhanced.jpg

This started life as a Tyco Chattanooga choo choo. I gutted the smoke "puffer", gave it better details and paint ,swapped out the tender, wired a headlamp and ran it as a dummy at shows where a pair of Bachmann consolidations on the point and this as a end of train or mid train helper. Looked great, did nothing!

photo roster 003.jpg

Here's the Hustler again, with its powered cabless "B" unit

20141228_212412.jpg

An ancient PennLine Whitcomb 25 ton switcher, cast metal body, remotored with a can motor and decoder, can pull 15 cars easily. The prototype is below.
DSCF1716-1024x768.jpg

BBL

Wow, my wife must be ticked. I watched the Volleyball while in the air on my IPadPro. Texas did to Wisconsin what Wisconsin has been doing all year to teams. Destroying them! What a great year that ended very wrong.

The son will stay in Tampa and use the tickets for Sunday’s championship. His Longhorns won and I bet he’s teasing his mom unmericifully.

We have Kraft Singles, which is bad (imo) and there is a cheese that is sold wholesale to businesses. I do not know the name, but it is absolutely terrible.
You might be thinking about Velveeta there. I'll just point out that Velveeta can also be used to glue down cork roadbed (hit it with a heat gun), so it's really versatile.

Of course "Cheese Whiz" can be used for that too, and it does come in the convenient applicator can. Pick yer poison.

They’ve gotten lost of the back of the house done siding wise. They also did soffits and fascia on the back as the geothermal driller is coming first of this coming week and needs the back of the house clear. They ran out of 4” trim for the battens so will finish that tomorrow (Friday) and then get back to the front, which is the last side. They’ve started with the board on the porch already.

I was installing a manifold tonight. Need to finish tomorrow with this one and do the other one on the main floor and also wire up the controllers etc so we can be close to getting heat on so the drywall people are happy.

This manifold currently has just the 4 lines. The other two will be in the patio sunroom enclosed room and have not been laid yet.
IMG_3903.jpegIMG_3910.jpeg

Good morning all. I shall not mention the weather, it will depress me. :(

Chocolate digestive biscuits -- Yummy. Dark chocolate too. Dawn does not like dark chocolate, so they are all mine.
Cheesecake. Another like. Another that Dawn dislikes. How come she still loves me? 🤣

Back later.

Good morning all. I shall not mention the weather, it will depress me. :(

Chocolate digestive biscuits -- Yummy. Dark chocolate too. Dawn does not like dark chocolate, so they are all mine.
Cheesecake. Another like. Another that Dawn dislikes. How come she still loves me? 🤣

Back later.
You could get a pack of the Milk Chocolate for her, I think she would appreciate it, then you can sit down with a cuppa and watch the box in the corner together.

Good morning from the city where the lights even 5 miles away light up the sky, Las Vegas! I am not a fan of this city since I stopped gambling and while the food and shows are still great, the prices currently are not a value. I can’t get a straight answer from my brother why he’s leaving Arizona, but I will…

He and his girlfriend are heading home to Hawaii around noon, I fly back to Wisconsin around 1.

Enjoy the day

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 57° as I type this. It sprinkled some about 0515, but the real thing will be hitting soon, I believe. Major area of what looks like mostly light rain stretching from Abilene on upward north through Oklahoma City and hitting Patrick in Wichita. This is after a very pleasant week of mostly clear and mid-60's.

Another successful grocery trek yesterday, only one stock-out but still a lot of blocked aisles with restock carts and no employees anywhere nearby. I had to skip my planned stop at Home Depot since I was running late for the hearing aid appointment, only to get there and find that she was running 30 minutes behind and the previous appointee was still there. She got to me 20 minutes late. Sam's Club (hearing aid center) was a madhouse, and even though I prefer not to use self-checkout, it is more efficient there, especially since I had only 4 items and no cart. Gasoline around town is still going down in price, many places were advertising $2.29/gal. Too bad that I didn't need any in either car; I still have enough fuel points for $2 off that I need to use this month. But the limit is $1 per occasion, so I have to gas up twice. Shouldn't be a real problem since we're already scheduled for 4 round trips to and from Dallas in the next 2 weeks (min 120 miles/trip).

I ended up spending too much time in the garden yesterday and still didn't quite finish what I had in mind. I put a 3" layer of shredded leaves over 2/3 of the area and tilled that area to an 8" depth. I ran out of daylight. The other 1/3, is tilled to a 4"-5" depth and the shredded leaves cover about 1/4 of that area. If I don't get to it before the next rain, it's not a major issue, as that area is intended for tomatoes next spring and will be the last area planted.

Minimal day out in the train shed yesterday since I spent so much time grocery shopping and getting the garden ready. While I did a little more painting on the Beverly Hillbillies figures, I forgot to take a progress picture. I did though get pictures of a figure that I am going to add as Jethro's mother Pearl.
IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

Early on she rode up in that rocking chair, but was only in the series for a couple of early years. The actress that played her passed away.

David -
We are left with icy rain. 2023 must be the wettest on record here.
Not so much here, a rather dry summer but the 11" in October brought me up to 33" for the year, just 3" shy of the average. Typically November and December are dry months for me and so far that is still true but there's 2 weeks left. I keep close track because of my other hobby, organic gardening.
Troy - Burgers look good, but that meal might mess with my carb counting.
Sherrel - C'mon and get well for the holidays.
Chad - No the missing radiator tubes weren't intentional, there were stubs there that I shaved off first. Your Taco Bell has a "Happy Hour"? Does that refer to the usual happy hour or is it soft drinks?
I agree that American Cheese has it's place as I posted.
Karl - I certainly like real cheese better than the Kraft stuff. I'm probably a cheese snob! I have over 15 varieties in my fridge right now! None of that Parmesan in the green can either, I grate my own fresh whenever needed. No Velveeta either.
Tom - I'm OK with cheesecake, just don't eat it very often.

OK, here's one for all of you Brits out there. Today is International Tea Day, have a sip on me.

Everyone have a great day. It has now rained 0.40" in my gauge. Temperature is not going any higher though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back