Running Bear's December 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning gang.
Getting ready for snowmageddon here. Depending on whose forcast, were looking for 8-18 inches here, oh boy. The Cub and the snowblower anr nestled snug in the garage. All I need to do is put the chains on the Cub, and pick up fuel on the way home tonight. Looks like it will hit here Wednesday afternoon into Thursday.
Flo, I do believe I'll have the sausage biscuits and gravy with a side order of scrapple, and coffee to start, I'm kinda hungry this morning.

Good morning everyone, light light snow flurries today here in Halifax. Perfect for a hot Java blend.
just wanted to post this for any American flyer collectors out there, might be of interest
031302F6-CC8F-443A-9999-313884EA0ECC.png

Last edited:
Morning! Just a quick coffee before I head outside into the 12° cold and shovel off last nights snow.
I actually have a big snow-blower, but, don't like the job it does. Prefer to get right down to the concrete with the snow-shovel. I'll use that blower when there comes 12" of snow out there.
After the work, I'll come back in and have some breakfast. Maybe, I'll clean up my modeling bench as well. Seems like it's getting to be about that time:
IMG_3220.JPG

I'll see ya later!

Good morning from St. Paul,

10 and clear. Not much wind, had a pleasant walk to work this morning, however I swear the metro transit train at the station where I cross was driverless! No lights in the cab. I have never seen without a driver beforeo_O

My SW-1 arrived, new old stock purchased on ebay, cost less than the sticker on the box! I plan on painting this one, came with BN colors.

Garry - fine work with the Barn and Cows on the Doodlebug scene. Did you blend a photograph or magazine picture into the backdrop?

Chet - I really like your Logan valley locomotives

McLeod, you really have a nice setup for a workbench.

Here is todays photo from the archives, a load of pulpwood. This pulp is made from the goldenrod weed like yesterdays. They are glued together so there would be no mess along the tracks:

_MG_5551.jpg
\

I wish I would have finished off the rocks in the foreground like the ones in back. They were right along the edge of the table and I guess I mostly ignored them.

Thanks for the likes and comments on my photos...

Dave LASM

Dave- Seeing your loads of wood reminds me of a story I read about one of the old Colorado Narrow Gauge railroads. On the Denver South Park & Pacific, they sided a gondola carrying coal during winter due to mechanical problems. When the railroad crew showed back the next day the gondola was pretty much empty with nothing to show but horse-drawn sleigh and hand sled tracks leading back towards town. The townsfolk took well advantage of the "free coal"!

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 36°. Another dreary day in store for us. Rain in the forecast again for around 2:00 pm today, with a high today of only 42°. Right now there is some light snow about 30 miles west of here headed this way, but it looks like the bulk of it will go north through Oklahoma.
Getting ready to make a supplemental trip to town this morning, Sam's Club, Winco (discount grocer) and Home Depot.

I need something substantial this morning Flo, a couple of sausage, egg and cheese biscuits with some hash brown potatoes on the side.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding the barnyard scene yesterday; Tom O, Luke, Walt, Karl, Tom, Guy, Garry, Sherrel, Dave, Patrick, James, Chad, Justin, Chet, Hughie, Phil, Ken.

I didn't get to visit the train shed for as long as I had planned yesterday. But I did accomplish some stuff. I ballasted some of the track behind the trailer scene even though I hadn't planned on it.
IMG_5297.JPG

I actually got further to the right than the picture shows.
Over in the town scene, I got the sidewalk addition painted and in place and also got the eating plaza painted.
IMG_5296.JPG

Over on the workbench I got the fence protecting the RR ROW assembled and painted. I didn't take a picture yet.
Running out of time this morning so I can't search the archives today, comments below were written earlier.

Patrick - I am still reeling from the treatment that you received. I have to agree with something that I believe Terry posted a week or so ago, if a patient is terminal, who cares if they get Covid. Stupid rules at some of these places.
Tom O - The recycling yard is off to a good start.
Guy - In my Catholic faith, we always celebrate the passing into the next life. We Irishmen have a hell of a wake. Dad was pissed when he found out (prior to death) that we wouldn't be allowed to have his open casket at the wake. He earmarked $5,000 in his will just for the wake itself, specifying some particular friends that he wanted to be certain were there and also left a liquor list to be sure that everyone got what they wanted. I still remember my 26 year old daughter remarking afterward that even after seven years of attending college, she had never been to a party that good! It was a pretty raucous affair, I am surprised that my brothers neighbors didn't complain.
Garry - Best wishes for your granddaughters recovery. This "only affects old people" is total BS.
Sherrel - Talk about narrow temperature range. Sunday our range was from 39° at midnight and stayed around 37° throughout the day. Today is starting at 36° and isn't expected to get above 42°!
James - No names for the horsies yet! I do well just remembering the towns on the layout.
Justin - Hadn't given up on you yet. Good to read your post.
Garry - I was a little apprehensive about going to my granddaughter's birthday Sunday. My two grandsons were also there. All three attend in-person classes and I am concerned that anyone at that school may be a carrier without showing any symptoms.
Chet - Some more great photos of the Logan Valley layout. I have always liked that fishing scene and Ed's Market.

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning from my cold section of Wisconsin. It got down to 6 overnight and is 16f degrees now heading to 22. This is the coldest day of the week per the local TV guy.

All the layout pictures are looking good. Being a paper mill modeler Dave that load of pulp would fit right in.
D4CA0374-218D-4486-A4C1-3F63CA3894B3.jpeg

Not sure what is planned or not for this chilled day. I need to do something outside the house as I am getting antsy being confined again. Have a great day. TomO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back