Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Morning all,

I was going to use the treadmill today but it would not start for some reason, so I need to figure that out. I may not get to layout today as we are doing deep cleaning of house in preparation for Thanksgiving. We always host it for the family. The living room and dinning room drapes are in the wash as we speak.

Ken- I also like to use thinned acrylic paint on buildings then finish with the AIM powders.

Well I am getting the eye from MOH so I got to go. I hope everyone has a good day.

I hope Jeff is alright also. Remember he said his internet connection was iffy which is why he may not be posting.

Hi Fellas, long time no see!

I was having some extreme pain in my shoulders, and thought that it was the beginning of an RSD Crisis. That's where the damaged nerves just start sending pain messages for no reason at all, at a much higher and stronger rate than "normal". I went to my Neurologist who thought that instead, it was Orthopedic in nature and he got me an appointment with one that very day. After a series of x-rays, he determined that I had a very bad case of bursitis, with impingement of the shoulder and that had spread the inflammation into the 4 rotator cuff tendons.

The Dr. injected the shoulder with a large dose of steroids, and a long lasting local, which killed the pain quickly. He then set me up for 6 weeks of PT. The PT started out simple but soon got very intense. The Therapist was worried that I was developing a "frozen shoulder", where due to me being diabetic, sugar crystals were forming in the joint itself and in effect gluing the shoulder together, so I couldn't move the shoulder at all. It took 4 weeks of PT, intense and painful, just to get movement back to a fairly normal range. I finished up a total of 6 weeks of PT last week, and I return to the Orthopod to see if anything else needs to be done. He may do an MRI to check on further damage, and I hope that he doesn't find any, as that means possible surgery.

I'm still having some stiffness and pain in the shoulder but I'm faithfully pulling on the rubber bands from PT and using some light weights to try to keep the shoulder loose. Still get bad pain in certain positions but it seems to be getting better and maybe I'll avoid surgery. I've had too much of that in my life and definitely don't want anymore. It was all the surgeries and the associated central long term IV lines that started the RSD, that is the bane of my life now.

To top it all off, I got re-ended by someone while stopped at a red light, last Sat.:mad: Fortunately no one was injured, but I actually dodged a bullet as the other driver tried to swerve out of the way, and basically just clipped the rear end of my trunk. It's in the shop at the dealer and should be fixed soon. Her car really got the worst of the encounter.

It's nice to be back, but it's still a trick to try to do something like type, so you may find that some of my answers to question may be short, as it, right now I'm still basically using one hand to type with.

C Y'all Later!

Evening All,

Today was a fun cleaning day (not so much). I think the last thing that needs done (other than normal) is cleaning baseboards, which I will do tomorrow. I got the Heiki grass in the mail today. I will watch the video about it again before I put it in, but that will probably be towards the end of the week. I still want to check on the three track spots on the layout.

Carey- Sorry to hear about your health issues but it sounds like you are doing better now thankfully.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Glad to see you back Carey!
We were getting worried about you!
Wow, this getting old thing aint what I thought it would be! I started with my GP a few weeks back, with what I thought might be frozen shoulder. I cant raise my left arm higher than my shoulder. He sent me for and MRI, then to an Ortho guy today, who now wonts me to go to a Neurologist and PT too. Seems my shoulder has some muscles starting to atrophy,.,,,,oh brother!!:eek: Meanwhile the right side (the side the stroke affected) is stronger than ever!:eek:
Meanwhile, I have caught SWMBO's cold....sweet!

Glad to hear the rear ender was more like a fender bender!

Love the picture of the old nascar racers Lou,,,,most of them look the same too,,,,alll Ford Fairlanes and Mercuries except for 1 lone Plymouth near the front (Lee Petty?) Oh well, they will be back in just over 2 months,,,,til then I'll watch Australian V8* Supercars in December!! (Aussie nascar on road courses!)

,,,,til then I'll watch Australian V8* Supercars in December!! (Aussie nascar on road courses!
Better get your fill while you can, dunno what they'll do once Ford and Holden shut up manufacturing shop. They do intend to keep selling cars etc here, but whether there'll be any RWD's to base them on is a moot point. Are there any in the Ford/GM line-up over there? Chrysler, Volvo and Mercedes as you're probably aware are fielding cars now. I haven't followed it greatly for a long time, more interested in the club racing of sports cars and small coupes/sedans instead.

Pretty sure the V8 supercars are virtually identical "under the skin". I like the individuality of club cars. Go down to Lakeside Raceway ('bout 1/2 an hour away) to watch sometimes, lots of variety.

Another early morning....good morning folks!

Tuesday and back to work tonight, had last night off....so, a wee bit shorter week this week.
Hope that all is well, wish you all a pleasant day!

milw313_zps5jxuyvjq.jpg

GP9 #313...

milw258-1_zpswyx2unpp.jpg

GP9 #258, with my namesake F7, #113...

MILWScan03_zpsgp6okn2d.jpg

SD7, #513...

POUR_COFFEE1-Copy.png

COFFEE_SIGN.png

Good Morning! Today is Tue 11/18/14.

Snow flurries possible with a high of 20. No plans yet for today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Morning all. Heat wave. Started off at 15 above and we could possibly get above the freezing point today. Sure looks like Carey didn't have a good week. Hope things get better.

Good Morning. 26°, and sunny this morning, with a stiff wind. Yesterday's rain total was 1.20".

While scrounging around for modeling material, I uncovered another unfinished project from the distant past. It was my first, (and only), attempt at converting a stock Rivarossi heavyweight Pullman into another prototype (8 section, 4 double bedroom), using New England Rail Service parts. The project stalled, most likely due to an unsatisfactory paint job, and was set aside. I pulled the roof off, and took a look before throwing it in the garbage, and decided that perhaps I could resurrect the project........

Meanwhile, the George Roberts Printing Co. kitbash is progressing to the point where I'm ready paint the outer walls.

Have a great day.

Joe

Good morning everybody,

24 with clear skies in south east Baltimore.

Great to hear from you Carey, sorry to hear about your troubles.

Now all we need is to hear from Jeffery.

Curt I am in the same boat as you preparing to host thanksgiving, but well worth the effort. I will have my late sisters old artificial Christmas tree set up with lights on it and Lionel trains running under it for thanksgiving, then on black Friday instead of battling crazed shoppers we will finish decorating the tree.

Have a great day everybody.

Louis

Louis, I'm generally not a gambler, when it comes to sports, I'm a pessimist. :rolleyes: I watched Green Bay beat up on Philly yesterday, that wasn't pretty either.

I watched hat game too until it got so bad that Fox switched over to Detroit and Arizona. I thought the Eagles would give them a good run, but it did not happen.

Good morning folks.

I got my first taste of winter in the car business yesterday. We had to clean the snow off of 400 cars in single digits and 30mph gusts. Then you have to start each one, move it, plow, and move it back. I just found a new reason to hate snow!

I had another previous clothing customer reach out to me yesterday. He wants to trade in his older Tahoe for a new one. So far that's a new Suburban for one old customer and a New Tahoe for another. I guess if I think about it, most of my clothing customers are well off. I may be the "large SUV guy" if they keep coming in! It's just nice to know that they like me enough to continue doing business with me, even in another category of retail.

I ran a short train the other night on the layout. Some of the track work is still suspect so I have some fine tuning before I ballast the new sections. The power around the layout is much more even with the addition of twelve or so sets of feeders.

Time to head to work.
Have a good day everyone.

Good morning ... Our weather now in Kentucky is like January weather we had when we lived in Michigan. Right now it is 14 F. Snow is on the ground but thankfully not much.

M R 113 ... Nice photos from you again. I notice the big MILW-style spark arresters on the units.

Carey ..... You have had a very rough time since we met last August. Prayers for a full recovery soon.

Terry .... Prayers continue for your wife's health.

Bill ... I always like seeing the Tipton Depot picture you often post as you did yesterday.

I've been refreshing my knowledge (what little I have) about photography hoping to improve photos of the layout. I am concluding I need a better camera if I want more depth of field, but I have no new cameras in the budget.

Happy model railroading, everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back