Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

Good afternoon. Karl already provided a weather report for this region so I won't be redundant...

Garry I'm glad to hear that Dan is doing better. Hope he can get back to a normal life pretty soon.

Joe - any further word on that tornado, e.g., the "EF" rating? They sometimes spin up here in MD but they're generally EF-0 and don't do much beyond wiping out trees and a few sheds. Nothing like the monsters that ravage Kansas, Oklahoma and Alabama.

I've been to Mass and completed all my yard maintenance work yesterday, so now I'm free to once again attempt to do some hydrocal work on the layout. Trouble is that with all the construction-related clutter, I just get overwhelmed, stare at everything for awhile, and decide to "tackle it later". I'm hoping I can break myself out of that pattern this afternoon, gotta throw some more sand under my wheels!

Beady - That picture of GTA V looks like one that Bruce (New Guy) posted about a year and a half ago when he intentionally ran a loco that way!
It seems to happen quite a bit.
d7f5b4bc1353cc16279ca0f7169cc16c.jpg

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Afternoon All,

It rained last night for 5 or more hours and got about 2.5 inches. Went to Jo-Ann's because their craft paint is on sale, but of course they didn't have 3 of the colors I wanted. I probably won't be on this coming Wednesday and Thursday (prep & procedure).

Eric- Nice job on the buildings.

Garry- Good news about your friend.

Toot- Nice layout.

Joe- Glad you made it through the bad weather OK.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Joe - any further word on that tornado, e.g., the "EF" rating? They sometimes spin up here in MD but they're generally EF-0 and don't do much beyond wiping out trees and a few sheds. Nothing like the monsters that ravage Kansas, Oklahoma and Alabama.

Ken: Believe they were EF-0. Made NBC National News yesterday. We drove past the site of the second one, and there was still a large tree into a power pole, but little other damage. Not sure about the other site. Needless to say, no one expected this until it actually happened.

Great weekend. I left for Port Trevorton, PA early yesterday morning on the Harley and had a great ride up there to see a couple of friends. I helped out in their restaurant Saturday, mostly clearing tables and running the dishwasher.
Set out for home this morning about 1030. Pulled into the driveway here about 3 this afternoon for about 260 miles via Winchester, VA. I didn't want to come down through Wash DC or Maryland. Way to much traffic to sit in on Sunday afternoons.
Went for a 3 mile walk then had a lite dinner. Lit up a cigar I bought a couple weeks ago and accidentally broke the skin on it. Couldn't draw the smoke through it. Mannnn, that was an $11 cigar.

Good evening. It's cloudy and 79.
We spent the weekend camping in the mountains. There was no cell service, internet, or wifi, so other than a couple of quick check-ins, we were offline.
It was great.

Good morning Gents,
Having a tough time the last few days. Woke up the other day, Friday I think, and my left hand is numb.
About the same time I noticed this enormous swelling in my throat. It's like a softball sized double-chin.
It came up super fast and I pray to God it's not another cancer.
Dad took me to the ER Sat. night. After waiting over 3 hours, we both said f... this and he brought me back here amd I pretty much went right to sleep.
Talk about chronic misery!!!
E

The numb hand may be just from sleeping on your arm the wrong way. The swelling of the throat would trouble me. Possible thyroid issue?

Good Morning Folks. 66° and partly cloudy, very slight chance of rain through tomorrow. Have the two grandsons with us for a few days "sleepover". They will be excited once they get up and see the extra-large opossum that granddad caught last night. I'll take it to my usual release area seven miles away a little later this morning.
Did some more maintenance work on the empire yesterday. Broke the monotony by running mostly through freights, although I did get in a 45 minute switching run to end the day.

Louis - Go after the car while you can (insidious encouragement here).
Ken in MD - Hope that you overcome the funk. I've been there before.
Beady - How's the layout coming along?
Curt - Best wishes on your upcoming procedure.
Ken (D&J) - That was quite a brisk trip home yesterday. I am sure that you enjoyed it. Too bad about the cigar...couldn't you just hold a finger over the rip? I have seen people tear a small piece off the end, lick it and stick it over the tear.
Terry - sounds like a great time in the mountains.
Eric - I agree with Ken regarding the numbness, but the swelling is definitely something to check out.

Everybody have a great day and upcoming week.

Willie

Morning Chaps: Thought I would beat the heat this morning. Someone opened the Summer Door yesterday!

Today is forecast to be COOLER than yesterday.
Today
High 103 | Low 61 °F
0% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High 108.7 | Low 61.7 °F
Precip. 0 in

Sorry about the cigar, KEN. My father would take one that was un-salvageable and cut it into "chunks" and smoke it in his pipe. Also remember him borrowing a couple cigarette papers to do repair with as well.

ERIC .. Hope your doing better today.

TERRY .. Trouble at the workplace again? You've not said much about it lately. You have a "new" boss to train?

Sherrel - You're up early today! Feeling any better? I know that you posted recently of being tired. Looks like you posted at exactly the same time as my earlier post.

Willie

Thanks, Willie! I think that it may be a combination of the heat and "draining" out of the Happy Juice two days in a row?

It's been hotter than a two pecker goat around here!

Good morning everyone. Time for a big cup of coffee and a cinnamon doughnut to dunk it in! 65 and partly sunny here in SW MO, heading for 76 and a chance of rain today.

Gorgeous weekend. Had 17 family members over yesterday so I grilled burgers and brats and wife made the fixin's plus corn on the cob, with cherry pie and ice cream for dessert! Oh yes, and lots of iced tea with lemon!! Now THAT was a lunch. Ate outside and let the kids run around and play. Got to show off the layout and run the train for the kiddos - that was fun. Plus several family members (visiting from Texas) had not seen the layout. Got lots of compliments - makes this rookie feel proud of what I've got done so far.

Came down with something on Saturday (sore throat, stuffy nose) but took Echinacea and Umcka (naturopathic stuff), which usually works for me - and it worked again - didn't keep me down for the Sunday excitement, and today I'm fine.

Karl - I'm not that much a fan of the 70's cars, but I am wiping drool off the floor!!

Have a good day everyone.

Haven't had a posting of one of these in a while?

U30B-833-location-unknown-in-December-1980-600x405.jpg

Cheap paint work .. Should have had SL-SF under the number and a blue/gold 'FRISCO' Coonskin on the nose!

Last edited by a moderator:
I re-arranged my work are & table night before last.
That little peg board system has 4 sides and it turns like a lazy susan.
table1.jpgtable2.jpgtable3.jpg.

Attachments

• table4.jpg
    table4.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 180

Back