Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang I wish the mail would get here.
I'm expecting a package of LED bulbs for my regular house lights.
Also expecting a check to deposit so I can write the land lord a check.
The sun is blazing now and wish I had black out shades.

I am back from the dentist. Not too much pain, just a bit numb.

I just got back from the dentist with a temporary crown. I had a root canal a couple of weeks ago and I will get my permanent crown in three weeks. Absolutely painless............except to the wallet! And that's with insurance.

Afternoon All,

Made it up to Jon's and dropped off my signal bridge for wiring. He said it would be ready next week, but I expect 2 weeks based on his schedule. Phil called me around 9 AM saying he couldn't make it so Jon and I missed him.

During the last ops session I did, I found a small issue at the mine. The shifter track is not long enough to have a shifter and a cabin car on it and still be able to use the left end of the closest track (#3). What I did at the time was connect on the middle track pull out and connect the cabin then put everything back on the middle track then pickup tracks 1, 3, then 2. By adding about 6 inches on the shifter track the problem is solved. So today after getting home I added it and painted it black. I should finish it this weekend.

Bob- Like Joe said long hood forward in my modeling area.

BigE- I assume they wave for the same reason that motorcyclist will wave at each other, they are members of the same club.

Joe- It astounds me how anyone can keep all of that clear and operating.

LASM- I'm glad your root canal went well.

Garry- Excellent pictures.

GP7's making up to coal hoppers. Note the cabin car on the middle track (#2)

20160404_133139_zpsbw3gtwyx.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

If anyone who knows dcc is on you wanna check my thread in the dcc section having a hard time with my decoder install

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

OK .. I'm a little late to the party today. Between 7 PM last evening and 11 AM this morning .. I made three round trips to the airport in San Diego - which is HMM .. 65 miles one way. Spousal Unit was going to Camp Lejeune to sit the two boys there while Daughter goes to Raleigh for a few days (her hubby is still floating around on a ship somewhere in the middle east). Anyway, long story short, she was left at the gate on two flights - so, I drove back to get her at midnight, brought her home, went back this morning for a Nine AM departure. Then, on the way home, had to stop for gas and groceries. After getting home, (I did not leave the airport until I knew that she received her boarding pass) putting the food away, doing some laundry and folding towels for her hair shop, picking up the house, cooking breakfast, cleaning kitchen from two meals -- I decided to clean the oven - and it needed it bad! Now I am pooped! Holy smokes, I am beginning to sound as busy as ERIC (lol) We discussed her just going to a hotel, but we just could not see spending 160-180 bucks for 6-7 hours plus she had checked the bag all the way with her toothbrush, hairbrush, and makeup - duh!

To Be Continued ...

Curt ... The coal mine scene looks great. The tracks seem to flow in and out nicely. I recall when you were asking where to place turnouts.

Sherrel .... That's enough driving to make you think you should have taken her to her final destination by car.

Lame ... I'm not familiar with the locomotive in your DCC thread. What I sometimes do before installing DCC is Google to see if somebody has already done one for a particular locomotive. I Google "Install DCC (manufacturer) (locomotive description)" ... For instance: Search "Install DCC HO Atlas SD24" .... I got over 8,000 results and the first few looked promising.

GARRY, CURT, and I am going to include everyone posting photos, You all are just too good!
WILLIE nice photo of the EGRET!
ERIC- We have to do something to slow you down a little ,, LOL. What did you decide on the trucks? I couldn't believe 10.00 for a pair of trucks with couplers from Kaydee. Modeling has become expensive.

Have to check back in tomorrow .. can't seem to gather my thoughts tonight. BTW .. Nice raain from about the County line South to San Diego today, but as I suspected we did not partake very much even though it looked threatening all day.

Garry- I would give anything if all the kids and grandkids were within a good days drive - say within 500 miles.
Have you any news from up North?

Sherrel ... There still is a lot of legal stuff going on in MI regarding the situation. There is another court date this Monday. The grandkids (ages 5 and 6 1/2) are having nightmares.

Willie .... I like the egret photo. .... We see blue herons often which are about the same shape. ..... We also have white pelicans in the lake adjacent to our property. I took this photo from our property.

pelican_zpsf57522ba.jpg

Good Morning Fellow Modelers. 54 degrees and clear here this morning. Expecting cooler days today and tomorrow...maybe 74. Back into the 80's Sunday and Monday. Spring is definitely here. Ran trains yesterday and noticed some rather tight track that was on the verge of buckling. Indeed it did buckle once I removed the nails so I got out the Dremel and added a little more gap to relieve pressure. This is one reason why I wait 6-8 months after laying track before ballasting.
Garry - Great diesel pictures. I also like the pelican picture. That's a great view from your property. Much better than seeing the side of your neighbor's garage!
Eric - Did you get any modeling done yesterday on the unexpected day off?
OK, where's Justin? Is it time to add him to the list with Tony and Louis?
All right, it's time to cruise the rest of the forum before heading out to the train shed. I noted on new posts that we have another new member. Speaking of new members, Tom Holley, (gjslsffan) has a really nice layout. His videos are great as well. I could get hung up for hours watching them so I am limiting myself to only a few a day.
Have an awesome Friday.

Willie

47 and clear here this morning. Only heading to 63 today.
No Willie, I didn't do a thing.
No big plans for the weekend either.
Probably do some more on the Big Boy model.
E

Well, we called an ambulance for one of the guys tonight. He started having chest pains right after the start of lunch. The first responders from the power plant and the EMT for our contractor were there very quickly but it seemed like a long time before the ambulance got there.

He was feeling better and refused a trip to the hospital, despite their explanation of what could possibly happen and our pleading for him to get checked out. He is only 36 and the odds are against you if you have a heart attack at a young age. I told him that I had a buddy that got killed at work about 80 feet from me and I damn well didn't want him to die on us. I asked him to think about his family, he said he wasn't married. Then I asked him if he wanted his roommate to find him dead, that it wasn't just about him, that there were others that would be affected as well.

He wanted to go back to work but the superintendent wouldn't allow it. We got him to go down to the office trailer and rest where we could keep an eye on him. The superintendent told him that he would pay him for the rest of the shift and not to worry. We offered to take him to the hospital or back to his motel but he was stubborn as a mule. He finally decided he would drive himself to the motel after an hour or so. I walked him to the gate to make sure he got off the property OK and on the way I got him to promise to call 911 if he had any more pains.

Being a union steward isn't always an easy job. Seems like everyone wants your opinion or wants you to do something about something but no one wants to listen to you. Go figure! I just hope that he is alright. For some reason I think he would be reluctant to call for help. I hope I'm wrong about his reluctance.

ERIC- We have to do something to slow you down a little ,, LOL. What did you decide on the trucks? I couldn't believe 10.00 for a pair of trucks with couplers from Kaydee. Modeling has become expensive.

Good luck with that! However, I do feel like lazy weekend might be in order.
As for the trucks and couplers, I just ordered more last night. They won't be here for this weekend's work though.
E.

Good morning, Happy Friday! 44 and sunny this morning.

Bob: Being a Union Rep, is a thankless job. More power to you for trying...

Curt: Was only at Pitcairn once, in 1979. By that time there wasn't much left, except storage for RS41s (white lined cars), and local industrial customers. It was still a crew change point.

Garry and Curt:
I agree with Sherrel, your photography and modeling are always impressive.

Willie: That's a whole crowd of pelicans. We get Egrets and Herrons around here during the warmer months, however it's rare to see a pelican. If they do venture up here, it's the Brown variety. We do have a large diverse population of Gulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back