Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, 20 and sunny. At least I think that is what they call that bright yellow thing in the sky, it has been weeks since we have seen it.

Willie--right on with the Tom Holley contributions. Really fun to look at his stuff! Notice a few more new participants, that is great!

Good morning. Started the day off at 34, but are expected to be up in the 70's again today.

Lifted a few yesterday evening to celebrate national beer day. Guess I'll continue tonight during league bowling. Maybe practicing last night will help me tonight.

Egrets-- I've had a few... But then again, too few to mention...

Terry ..... LOL .... Fowl Humor.

Joe ... Thanks for the comment.

Chet .... I know somebody who celebrates beer day 365 days a year excessively.

Yesterday, I went to Murray which requires driving over two lakes. It was my final trip over the old bridge over Kentucky Lake. Today, two of the four lanes of the new bridge are open to traffic. It was the old bridge that was in the news four years ago when a ship hit one of its spans knocking it into the lake. .... Meanwhile, construction of a new bridge for our lake (Lake Barkley) was started about a year or so after the started the KY Lake bridge. I can hear the construction from my house for the new Lake Barkley bridge.

I took this photo yesterday as I was about to make my final crossing on the old bridge.

ky%20lake%20bridge%204-7-16_zpswashiav4.jpg

Egrets-- I've had a few... But then again, too few to mention...

TERRY- Don't let the naysayers wear you down ... I think you have a nice voice!

GARRY- All those Pelicans in one photo - sweet!

We have some strange drippings coming from the sky - which is also a strange gray color. It's supposed to rain/drizzle/mist for three additional days resulting in a total of almost 1/2 inch of moisture. It's all good - we will take whatever the gods throw at us. Gives me a chance to shut off the yard sprinklers for a while. My water budget varies daily between 280 - 400 gallons a day depending on the temperature and intensity of the sun.
Just Another stupidly managed govmint program - today's budgeted amount is based on yesterdays data (could be hotter than hades yesterday - and today we get a higher allotted amount even though it may be raining cats and dogs today.) However, even though I use only about 1/2 of my allotment for the month ... if I exceed any daily allotment (meters are read electronic daily at midnight) ... I will be chastised at a cost of 6-7 times the rate for the amount that I am over for that day. Meanwhile we have County Water Officials (same ones who passed the restrictions) who are using 70-100 thousand gallons a day on their property.

OK - Rant Over!
hope all have a good day

Sherrel: And to think some people consider Jersey to be as bad as CA.

We keep alternating between overcast and rain drops vs. sunny and dry. There is a persistent cold breeze from the NW. Tonight and tomorrow, they are calling for snow showers... It's supposed to be baseball season. :confused:

Sherrel: And to think some people consider Jersey to be as bad as CA.

We keep alternating between overcast and rain drops vs. sunny and dry. There is a persistent cold breeze from the NW. Tonight and tomorrow, they are calling for snow showers... It's supposed to be baseball season. :confused:

JOE- Remember, I lived in "Joursey" for a few years .. Have to admit that it was quite a while ago. I just remember how beautiful most of the state was, and especially out by the Delaware Water Gap and the Sparta area where I lived. Also might add that one of my current brother's in law lived in "Joursey" and was VP for an electronics firm there. HA, after many of the firms executives were indicted for various offences .. he and his wife moved back to CA here where his wife was from. Where am I going with this - I forgot ... DUH! Maybe it will come back to me later on.

I was going to say: About your track plan that you showed us ... I think your going to need a larger basement? lol

Afternoon All,

It has been a productive day. I finished the shifter track, removed the 2 stand alone PL signals in prep for the signal bridge, removed and replaced the 4 IR sensors in new locations, and finally had to extend the wiring of one of the IR light groups. Probably won't work on it tomorrow, but Sunday I need to clean up the wiring around the logic board.

Last night I typed up an addendum to the 1941 Pennsy rulebook (I have one) for the special signals on the Bellevue Sub. MOH did the computer drawings for the pictures and I put it in a frame. It will go on the wall next to the signal bridge.

Sherrel- That was a full day!

Terry- I see you are a Sinatra fan also.

Bob- There are a lot of guys out there like your co-worker. Denial is a wonderful thing until it's not.

Joe- We called Sea Gulls flying rats in my part of the Navy.

Garry- Nice bridge shot. It reminds me of Charleston, SC when they replaced the old bridge across the Cooper River.

Here is the before shot.

20160407_134521_zps3cyd6cqu.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Evening gents,
Yeah.... I think a lazy weekend is in order.
Don't think I'll be making up another big 2do list.
At least not for this weekend.
E.

It's still afternoon out here, sunny skies and 72 degrees. Getting ready to head to town and enjoy some beer and hurl a ball 60 feet aiming at a target about the size of a dime.

Good luck on the hurling, Chet.

Eric, Occasionally a do nothing day is in order.

Curt ... That was quick! I have to study your pic more to see what all you did.

Still cloudy/overcast out here. Had about 1/16 inch of moisture today; maybe we will get more tomorrow.

Good evening. It's cloudy and 50.
Supposed to have very high winds tomorrow, followed by another hard freeze Sturday night/Sunday morning.

Curt: That was a quick fix. BTW: The weathered H10 is perfect and blends in well with the coal tipple.

Sherrel: You're absolutely right, The area around the Delaware Water Gap is awesome. They haven't completely overbuilt the area around Howell, yet, but they're sure trying to. :rolleyes: I would need three basements, to build the Ford facility as it is on the track chart. LOL I did some wiring today, and glued some road bed. My short term goal is to get the main and staging in by fall. Then I can concentrate on industrial tracks structures and scenery. Gotta start somewhere, eh? BTW: CBS news did a feature on the latest California trend, overflowing reservoirs:confused:. Y'all have a overabundance of water now?

BTW: 34°, and clear. Precipitation tomorrow, including some Snow. I didn't think it would get cold enough...Just put the snow thrower away for the season and brought the lawn mower out. :mad:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have come to the conclusion after running the trains tonight that Atlas switches are junk. Derailments galore tonight lol.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Curt, you're right about denial. I tried EVERYTHING I could think of to get him to go to the hospital last night but no luck. His ugly face was here in the office when I came in. I told him I was glad to see him, even if he was stubborn and ugly!

The mine scene looks great, by the way.

Morning gents,
42 and clear heading to only 59.
Tonight's low down to 32. Frost warnings for young plants are already out.
I do need to get some groceries. I'll wait until it warms up a little though.
Might still do some work on the Big Boy just to say I did something.
E

Good morning gang,
Temp near freezing and it's SNOWING! ! Hope it won't hurt the blooming Tulips too bad. Good day to stay in the basement.

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 50 degrees here this morning, expecting 75 for the high. Only made it to 71 yesterday. Going back to Thursday, National Beer Day; I surveyed the layout to be sure that my little plastic people were taken care of and found 7 bars, 2 liquor stores and a nightclub. There are also 11 restaurants that presumably sell beer. I did my part there and in person!
Bob - Been there before. A gentleman that worked for me was experiencing chest pains but refused my offer to call 911. Said he would go by his doctor on the way home but didn't go. Had a heart attack later that night at home and died.
Dave - Spring is here for sure around here. I've been mowing for over 6 weeks and the grass on the ROW of the county road out front is at least 18" tall. Some farmer will cut and bale it before the county gets around to mowing it.
Sherrel - My goodness, I cannot fathom running sprinklers every day. Even during droughts, I only have to water around the house once a week. That's more for grass-fire protection that anything else.
Curt - Nice job on the remodel.
Chet - Let's hope that a ball is all you are hurling!
Lame - I have used Atlas switches for over 30 years with only minor problems, and it's always been the "high frog" problem which is easy to fix with a little filing. I currently have 106 on the layout. If you haven't already done so, you should check your wheel gauge. Disclaimer: I run only diesels.
Well, off to the train shed for a few hours before the yardwork begins. I feel like painting Preiser figures this morning...that will lead to who knows what.
Have a great Saturday everyone.

Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back