Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

Grandpa Karl-those are GREAT pictures! They sure don't stay little for long! Thomas counts as trains, so you can never have enough..................especially if it gets one of the young ones interested in trains!

The pic instantly reminded me of one of my all-time favorite TV shows, an iconic 70s and 80s show in which another jumping vehicle featured prominently (No prizes for guessing which, it's pretty obvious).
So with the magic of MS Paint...
View attachment 56310
I can almost hear that custom horn now. ;)

Maybe that's what those good ole boys shoulda used. At least it wouldn't've bent in the middle each time it hit the ground. Think of how many Charger bodies would have been saved from extinction, even if the only the lowly models.

Good Morning All. 51 degrees with clear skies here in North Central Texas this morning. While things haven't dried up around here after the 8"+ of rain this week, I was able to get out the weedeater and do some trimming. It will be Tuesday or Wednesday before I can find enough solid yard to run the tractor. Continued on my scenery building in the train shed some more yesterday and I did find the camera. Here's a picture taken out of the train shed window yesterday:
03-13-16 003.1.JPG
Spring is here when the turtles are sunning themselves on the submerged branches.
Garry - I'm trying to get away from "boards and track" now that I am retired. Part of my loose New Year's resolution.
Curt - Like I said, just kidding...I was referring back to January when you re-did that yard entrance. I hear you regarding those quick decisions, as a production scheduling manager for many years I had them coming at me regularly. I've now left that behind and slowed my pace down.
Karl - Looking up to grandpa??? Handsome young guys.
Chet - Awesome race yesterday. I only saw the last few laps.
Justin - Where are you? I hope you're not joining the AWOL ranks with Tony, Louis and Carey.

I hope everyone has a great St Patrick's week (I'm Irish), or just a day if you're not Irish.
Everyone have an awesome day.

Willie

Morning gents,
53 and cloudy here at the moment.
50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today with 72 for the high.
E

Good morning, 36 and drizzle, fog. I guess it will be wet all week, although nothing like those in Lousiana. Most of the snow melted, though; just a few scattered piles of dirty stuff where they piled it up.

I got a bunch done in the train room, won't be posting photo's until it is up against the backdrop; maybe Friday. I made a stop at the local hobby store and picked up some ground cover that I was short on, they had everything I needed!

more later, Dave

Good morning .

Reading posts, I see its railing in TX, GA, and NJ.... Add KY to the list. It's been wet for several days. ... Rain, rain,; go away !

I wish I could say, I have worked on the layout, but it is tax season. .. ..Always a pain in the hind end.

I do, however have model railroad related plans in Paducah later today.

Karl ,,,, Nice photo of grandson and his Dad. ... We have a bunch of wooden trains here for grandkids, but some of the grandkids have outgrown them.

Good morning. 34 degrees to start off the day with a bit of rain, which turned into a snow coming down sideways. Got a couple of inches real fast and then the sun came out ????

Karl - Great photos. A future model railroader perhaps. Real cutie. Don't spoil him too much.

Eric - I use an old drafting board for working on mrr projects. It has a few minor scars on it after 25 years of use, but it does the job for me.

David - I was suprised to see that most of our snow had melted off when I got back from Daytona. All that was left war the remains of the glaciers that I had plowed up at the edge of the driveway. We have had temps in the low 60's up here and ALL of the snow is gone up here.

Willie - I can send you some plans for an ark if you're interested.

Good Morning:

Off to a slow start this morning. Its overcast, cool and a good day for model railroading. Planning on finishing six more telephone (utility poles) and plant them on the layout.

Also, test run and break in a new Athearn GP38-2 Milwaukee Road, patched for the SOO Line.

Plan on working on other layout details and clean up.

That's all folks.

Greg

Good Morning Ballast Tampers ... it's 53 with thick fog! Maybe a chance of a shower later on and a high of about 67.

KARL- Nice looking g-kids.

Willie- Your picture reminds me of home.

CURT- Glad you liked the video.

Nate- thanks for the chuckle!

Chet - Thanks for the offer for the ark plans, but they are not necessary right now. That picture I posted is a picture of the pond I had built 33 years ago. Besides turtles (only one so far this year), I have taken pictures of wild ducks, geese and egrets that drop by frequently. Rarely but occasionally I have seen deer around dusk. It is a nice thing to look out on when I am contemplating in the train shed. It will dry out and disappear completely (save for the big hole) during July-September most years.
Willie

Mr BIGE- I have two homemade "trays" made from 1/2" birch plywood with 1/4"x1.5" "lattice type" pine glued and nailed to the sides which gives an inch high rim to keep things from sliding or rolling off. One of the trays only has the lip on three sides so my wrists/hands can rest on the surface. I use this one as my work surface at the table or resting in my lap if I am sitting on the couch. I use the other one for a tool caddy, paints, glues, misc.; If I am sitting on the couch it rests beside me in competition with the dogs. You can make them any size you wish .. I made mine 12x18 so that I can place them in a couple drawers in my garage workbench when not in use and I don't have to put everything away.

BigE: Gee, how did you guess? ;)
Tootnkumin:
Maybe Bo and Luke figured The General was easier to jump than a 17 ton tank (As expected, the anime completely throws physics out the window, so I'm not surprised the girls are able to drift and jump tanks).
For the 2005 feature film remake of Dukes of Hazzard, a lot of the "Chargers" seen in the movie were actually modified Challengers (I think only a few genuine Chargers were used in the production).

Hi gang! It's a beautiful day here in T-town with crystal clear sky and 78*. Only bad thing bad about this early spring; my dark blue truck is turning greeeeeen. Yup! Pollen time. Usually it is the first of April, but all the "decorative" type trees are beginning to bloom out.
Garry:Don't know if you remember me telling you that I lived in Owensboro and near Madisonville(Providence) when I was a boy. Well, the folks moved to Tuscaloosa in 1960----Ok, so a long time ago. About a month ago, my old Providence, Freshman, high school girlfriend called me. She said that her and some of my old friends were sitting around and my name came up and she decided to see if she could make a call. Wow, what a surprise! Love it up there and all the Kentuckians. Got to get back up there while my old friends are still around. (Still a solid fan of the Wildcats in round ball;) ) I have a slew of cousins around Evansville.
Karl: Beautiful Grands.

For the 2005 feature film remake of Dukes of Hazzard, a lot of the "Chargers" seen in the movie were actually modified Challengers (I think only a few genuine Chargers were used in the production).

More likely reason for the substitution would be that there were B*gg*r all left. I did read somewhere how many were destroyed in the making of the TV show.

Good Morning Ballast Tampers ... it's 53 with thick fog! Maybe a chance of a shower later on and a high of about 67.

KARL- Nice looking g-kids.

Willie- Your picture reminds me of home.

CURT- Glad you liked the video.

Nate- thanks for the chuckle!
What video was that?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks BBob!
I'm still trying to learn all the new faces around the Coffee shop and elsewhere. But hey, as long as Flo is around, it's always a good place to be (she still has those very long legs, :pLOL).

Back