Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

Louis I see you went crazy bidding,,,I hope your bids hold. If they do I may just deliver it all myself!!

Hey Karl,

Pace yourself with all that work.

I know you are selling this stuff for a good cause and you have enough time invested so I thought I would try to help out. God knows I buy enough train stuff I don't need, what's a little bit more.

If my bids don't hold up that will be ok, like I said I know you are doing it for a good cause so the more you get the better.

Besides all the stuff I really wanted I snatched up fast! :)

I would be happy to see you if you deliver to me, just let me know so I can be home. What do you like to drink? Give me a few days notice and my wife will make you some crab cakes, real Maryland crab meat, no Indonesian crap. I know you don't like steamed crabs, but I bet you will like my Hungarian wife's Maryland crab cakes. if you don't like them I'll be sure to have some USA shrimp on hand to steam for you. I know you like shrimp, can't for the life of me figure out why you like steamed shrimp and not steamed crabs, but it's all good, we all have our own ways.

If you are in the area and I am not home just leave it on the porch, but promise to come back the next time you are in the area so I can feed you!

Look for the boat in the driveway and the Halloween decorations. For God sake take some of this candy off my hands. I always buy too much, then my girls complain for weeks as they eat it all.
14731167_1446872858660539_4721710417532984157_n.jpg

Considering how busy you are you should stick with the USPS, I'm happy to pay the freight they are cheap anyway.

Then the next time you are in Dundalk and your not so busy stop by. I make a great roast beef on the grill.

That reminds me I have an eye round roast to season over night so I can cook it on the weber tomorrow. I better get to it!

I'll try and stop back later or in the morning. It's good to see so many of you posting, God Bless you all!

If I don't make it back, have a great night EVERYBODY!

I’m ready to watch what I hope will be a great pitching duel.Let’s go Dodgers, I want to see one more game of this series!
I love this game!

Good evening Gents,
Good news today!!!
The new g-tube was put in this afternoon and all is well..... so much so that I am being discharged. When exactly I don't know but that's ok.

Did I tell you my hair is definitely starting to fall out? No problem.
I have actually been in a really good mood for practically all week.
E

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening Gents,
Good news today!!!
The new g-tube was put in this afternoon and all is well..... so much so that I am being discharged. When exactly I don't know but that's ok.

Did I tell you my hair is definitely starting to fall out? No problem.
I have actually been in a really good for practically all week.
E

Ah, freedom! Excellent news!

I been laying track all day, 7:30 this morning till bout 9:00 P.M., just a few minutes ago. Pics as promised!
DSCF4318.jpgTop of the grade, Ma! I have no fears climbing right up on the thing if I need to, it's plenty sturdy.
DSCF4317.jpgThe "front straight" on the double main.
DSCF4314.jpgThe future home of "Kittywampus Junction"! I'll be throwing a 15" in there to go with the 24",22" and 18" PLUS there is no room to "work" that storage yard back there! I'll have to yank em out to another yard through the scrum of four "working" lines! Built in excitement and "drama" coming out, "WILL he make it"? I can't wait to find out! Of course "I won't be going yard speed." LOL!
DSCF4322.jpgThe "other end" from the "Wampus". I'll be cutting the pieces for this part of the double main tomorrow, two ramps up the wall to the corner. WS risers to the rescue once again! I was on the fence about em but now I'd say they are worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool beans FNG!! I see you have the rope lights under the table. Sure i handy to have isn't.
E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cool beans FNG!! I see you have the rope lights under the table. Sure i handy to have isn't.
E

That's all you bro! I got that idea off your layout! 150 feet of it zig-zagging around down there. With 500sq feet of table it got DARK under there!

I'm glazed and gonna hit it. Back at it bright and early. Limping up and down the stairs to see if my turnouts are here begins tomorrow!

Got to set up the saw station in the garage and fabricate some building materials for the ramps. Busy, busy, busy! Took a bit longer than I thought to suss out this holiday's track plan and now it's crunch time and I'm loving it!

Yay, Cubs ! ! ! !

NG ... Wow. You are really making a solid layout.

Eric ... Glad to hear some good news. .... Keep on fighting. You defeat Big C.

Corey .... Don't forget. The Coffee Shop patrons care about you !

Here is a smooth version of what I posted a couple of days ago. As you can see it is 2 dwarf signals in 1 housing.

20161021_115713_zpsage4bykv.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Ahhhh! and here was me thinking that 1st one was a target in a shooting gallery. This one shows you missed a few times.

Good morning. It's clear and 40.
I shouldn't have done it, but I took advantage of Paypal's 6 months same as cash offer, and got one of the Genesis 4-8-2s from MB Klein. With sound, it was $236.
Now I have 6 months to figure out how to pay for it...

Good Morning All. It's 54° and clear here this morning. I'm a little earlier than usual today as there just wasn't much in the way of news to interest me before I came over to the Coffee Shop. Resumed mowing after my vacation...it rained while we were gone so that chore continues. Did about 1/2 acre so lots more to go.
Out in the train shed, I didn't do anything significant yesterday. Re-staged some trains in the staging yards and tied up some loose ends with some of the structures that I recently completed. Weathered a couple of freight cars and did a bit of cleaning up.
Garry - It is a nice museum. I wish that all of the other pictures turned out that well. There is another Lego display that I haven't sorted through yet. After the "G" scale that I am posting now, I am going to move to a different museum layout that I went to on my trip.
Karl - Boy, it looks like you have your work cut out for you. A finished train room in the end will definitely be worth it.
Sherrel - I had never really paid much attention to the Lego layouts at the local train exhibitions. This one was impressive though. I seriously doubt that I will partake though.
Terry - Thanks for the tip.
Bruce - Nice progress on the rebuild. I'm glad that you appear to be keeping the disco ball (is that what it is called??).

OK, here are the latest photos from the Mississippi Coast Model Railroad Museum. These are the only two from their outdoor "G" scale layout that are worth posting. This layout is still under construction.
10-20-16 077.001.JPG10-20-16 078.001.JPG

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

All right. Another museum with a model railroad that I visited while I was on vacation was the Foley Railroad Museum, in Foley AL. I had been there before minus my camera. There are a few freight cars, an engine and a caboose on display outdoors. They are housed in a former L&N depot. The "O" scale layout is housed in an add-on building. It is 24' x 60', and was bequeathed to them by a modeler from Montgomery AL, with the stipulation that it would be available for children and that there would be no admission fee.
http://www.foleyrailroadmuseum.com/index.cfm
Here are the first pictures.
20161018_102812.001.jpg20161018_103228.001.jpg
20161018_103325.001.jpg20161018_103337.001.jpg

More later.

Willie

Thanks Terry. The price sure is right. It only has 4gb and 128SSD.

Would i be correct to assume these things are upgradeable?
E

Good morning. It's clear and 40.
I shouldn't have done it, but I took advantage of Paypal's 6 months same as cash offer, and got one of the Genesis 4-8-2s from MB Klein. With sound, it was $236.
Now I have 6 months to figure out how to pay for it...

No brandy today, 48 and it's sure fall now.

Pay pal? SWMBO is keeping them in business! I ask no questions about what she is buying and I'm rewarded with #4 turnouts!

She's kept the roof on so I don't give her grief about lurking on E-bay.

Thanks Terry. The price sure is right. It only has 4gb and 128SSD.

Would i be correct to assume these things are upgradeable?
E

I've never tried to dismantle one, so I can't answer for sure. My thought is, they are more like a tablet than a laptop, so it is what it is. 128Gb and 4Gb is more than enough for most users. My tablet (non-Windows) is 128 and 2Gb, and works very well.

I "overbuilt" the layout to a ridiculous degree because I thought it was a good idea and because I had an insane carpenter who builds EVERYTHING as if it was The Pyramid at GIZA! It was like corralling GODZILLA! He wanted to build a water level around the entire basement to keep it even and would have if I'd let him! The end result is a layout you can DANCE on!

I've never tried to dismantle one, so I can't answer for sure. My thought is, they are more like a tablet than a laptop, so it is what it is. 128Gb and 4Gb is more than enough for most users. My tablet (non-Windows) is 128 and 2Gb, and works very well.

I see it's solid state drive, how do they compare with the old hard disc when it comes to storage per Gb.

Back