Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

It's 69 with only 60% humidity under clear skies, making for a beautiful morning here in southeast Baltimore.

Another crazy day on tap for me, I just have too much to do, for my broken down old ass. My poor old donkey has just about had enough!

My family is no different than others. Yesterday my youngest daughter had a melt down over 3 small boxes and 2 bags I set on the porch for her to take to her new house.

Terry you are a rock, no worries about the email or the brief posts. I hope and pray you feel better and your wife's condition improves.

Garry that is a great scene!!! Time to let the air out of the tires!

I hope to have more time later. God bless us Everyone!

Have a great day Everybody!

122_truck_stuck_WEB.33290421_std.jpg

Refer no less, that was an expensive mistake!

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 75° today. Resumed mowing the estate yesterday, doing about 1/2 acre. I have to do some more today so that will cut into my modeling time.
A couple of days ago, I described a new area on the RR. Here's a couple of pictures. First is a long shot of the area, and second is a closer-up shot.
08-22-16 004.001.JPG08-22-16 001.001.JPG
The track on the right will continue and re-connect with the main soon. That's it for now since the benchwork and track ends just off the bottom of the pictures and I won't ballast of otherwise scenic until I have a chance to run trains over the whole thing; which I can't do until there is somewhere to continue. Yesterday I did wire it all up. Wiring is certainly easier on an upper level. Today I will work on some additional structures and stuff to include here.

Eric - Great to know that things seem to be moving forward. Continue to count on us for support.
Mel - Great picture of the tunnel.
Dave - I know that I have seen that scene before, but it looks like you have added some details since I saw it before. Looking good.
Terry - Hope that you have already gotten over the migraine.
Garry - Love the scene with the trailer. Nothing like some real-life situations on our RR's. I was going to post the link that Terry posted, but he beat me to it. LOL

Everybody have a great day.
Willie

Eric, I think the person that called you is called a patient advocate. If it wasn't be aware that as far as I know, every hospital is supposed to have one. They are supposed to help you like this one did, as well as act for you to get any help or any issues in or with the hospital addressed. If and when you do stay in the hospital, you will probably have one come to your room, and make sure everything is as it should be.

Good morning folks.

It's cloudy today with a chance of storms this afternoon. After that, September weather in the extended forecast!

Today is day 14! who would have thought?

Nothing much to report from yesterday. Work and curch went well and I got along well with my wife. We've had our differences over the past eight months and are trying to repair that gap between us. It's worth putting in the work in that area of my life as in addition to the drinking thing. I always thought we got along fairly well but it should be even better moving forward.

I neglected the trains yesterday since I worked all day but I did think about them. Does that count? Maybe tonight after work, haircut, meeting, dinner and wife time. Hmm, maybe tomorrow!

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning, 65 and sunny! Had a hard time sleeping so got up at 415. Reminded me of working in the oil field.

Willie, I like your train space and arrangement!

Garry, nice scene with the low bridge

Corey, my wife decided we needed some counseling. So I agreed, when I had my one on one I said I didn't think there was anything wrong with our marraige. So we agreed to work on problem solving. He said we had to work on something. Now my wife says the counseling was our idea.

Curt and anyone I missed, thanks for commenting on my scene. That is a favorite area but I added some stuff. I really like the M& StL tractor trailers.

Good morning. 45 degrees to start off the day with a high expected to be only in the low 70's. I think summer will be going away soon.

I gots internet ! The problem was simple. Had to put a new connector on the cable coming in from the antenna. Our internet is wireless with a tower on the bench that is a couple of miles west of us.

Garry - Love the scene. Working for a long haul trucking company I can relate to that situation. Over the years we have had a couple of drivers try to turn a reefer trailer into a chip truck .

Dave - Nice photo.

Eric - Sounds like you have the proper facilities to help you. Great new.

Sherrel - Nothan's hot dogs have got to be the best. A long long time ago we visited some family that farmed in upstate New York and we took a trip to Coney Island and that's where I had my first Nathan's hot dog. When ever we run across a Nathan's outlet, we make it point to stop. Another great place for a hot dog is Rutt's Hut in New Jersey. My wife has family there and on a visit to New Jersey a stop there was without a question a fantastic idea. I sure like the rippers. Joe might know about Rutt's Hut.

Louis - A top notch Christmas tree ornament.

Ken - That's a nice photo from Daytona. My hotel didn't have a view like that. We were right across the street from the race track at the Quality Inn.

Terry - Glad to hear that the salesman got dressed down. Probably long over due. Guess what goes around, comes around.

Willie - Thanks for the layout photos. Looks like you have quite a lot of work ahead of you.

Here's a possible solution to low bridges.

Bridge sign.jpe

Good morning ..

Terry ... I hope your migraine is getting better.
Louis .... Letting air out of tires will work unless the bridge clearance is much too low.
Willie ... Your layout construction progress is impressive.
Chet .... The warning sign reminds me somewhat of the railroad telltales to warn of low clearances over tracks. I have not been one of those signs as you posted. I've seen low clearance signs in parking structures.
Corey .... Sounds like you are definitely headed in the right direction and getting your life on track. There are a lot of people willing to support your efforts, and it helps to pray for help too.

Garry - I am guessing that this sign was put up because it is a problem area similar to the video Terry posted with a lot of accidents. Some cities can be a real pain in the butt with low bridges. We have had drivers in Chicago that have had to take major detours to get to a customer. They can get off an exit ramp and actually see the building that they have to deliver to but due to the low bridge have to drive miles to get to the other side of the bridge. I keep Google Earth up on my computer all of the time to try to help them avoid these kinds of situations. Some have GPS systems that are designed for commercial carriers that have all of the low bridges and reads that don't allow commercial traffic but most do not. I have also seen GPS systems take drivers on a joy ride instead of taking them directly to a receiver or shipper.

MURPHY'S LAW- Anything made to make a job easier will fail when needed the most. OR when friends are being shown how it works.

Already 88f and humid with scattered showers later. 94f in p.m.

CHET- Will send sports car pixs later to your E 'puker.

Phil

Spend a weekend away and come home. Run some ops and decided to take a yard pic with two of my C&O units.
2269d3dedf8e9124c22468aaae0303d0.jpg

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Chet .... Intersting about GPS being used by truckers. ... I suppose improvements are being made over time. ... It may also be good to include railroad/highway crossings that are not level. Accidents occur with truck being stuck on tracks when a train is approaching.

Blurry, Sure is, try again, looks interesting.

Garry, there have been a lot of improvements to the GPS units. Commercial carrier units do have to have a lot of additional info. When I was in Daytona in February Ford supplied my rental car which was a Ford Fusion Titanium model with every possible bell and whistle. I used it when I ws looking for hobby shops, but I also used my cell phone Tom Tom app and found that the Tom Tom was a lot more user friendly, giving more road information than the Ford GPS. Inagine that.

Good morning, it's 68 in the Fraser Valley.

Ken- Nice shot of the sunset, looks like the sun is going to boil itself right into the ocean.

Phil- Don't know muich about Damson plums other that they are popular in England, will grow in California. I'll bet they will grow here too.

Garry- Cool scene of truck stuck in underpass. Seems every city has a low bridge somewhere.

Willy- Your track arrangement looks good, keep us posted on your progress.

Corey- Day 14! Fantastic!

Chet- I have roots in Montana, My Grandmother was born at Cascade in 1884 and lived in the mountains new Kallispell. They were Metis people originally from Manitoba.

Not much on the agenda today, probably built a couple more bridge bents, I have seven built, six more to go.

Mel

Back