Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

LOUIS, LOUIS, LOUIS??
What's the answer to this Trivia Question??

Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest is held each year on which holiday?
New Year’s Day
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Columbus Day

Sherrel it is also the day Americans consume nearly 150million hotdogs, the most of any single day; Independence Day, the 4[SUP]th[/SUP]of July!

Corey as my good friend Rodney from down under would say; "good on ya mate!"

keep on keeping on my friend!

I still don't have time to comment on all the posts, but I will try to do so later or in the morning, great pictures Everybody!

Sherrel here is a useless piece of information for you; I don't care for Nathan's hotdogs, the Mid-Atlantic & Chicago brands are my favorites!

Here is one of my favorite Christmas ornaments.
lionel-chessie-system-locomotive-train-keepsake-ornament-20th-in-the-lionel-trains-series-4.gif

Louis, I found the email in my spam folder, sandwiched between an offer to increase my manhood and a request for funds to help a Nigerian move some money out of the country.

For those following along, the salesman from a few days ago got put in his place pretty firmly today by the owner.

And if anybody is wondering about my brief posts, I'm fighting a severe migraine. I'll check in later.

Evening All,

Just finished supper after getting home from seeing Ken with Phil. We all had a nice visit and talked about some interesting topics, but....PHIL COULD NOT GET COFFE! Sorry Phil I could not resist.

Sherrel- The P2K model has the back windows outlined in white. I always figured that was a foobie from Walthers, now I know different.

CA Dave- You need to pace yourself. Somewhere along the way I have discovered I can't work outside all day without regretting it.

Eric- Looks like a nice small project to do. I am glad that you finally got some good news for a change.

Mel- I don't like plums as a straight fruit, but I do like plum jam or jelly...go figure.

LASM- Very nice modeling.

Chet- Also very nice modeling.

I hope everyone has a good night.

For those following along, the salesman from a few days ago got put in his place pretty firmly today by the owner.

And if anybody is wondering about my brief posts, I'm fighting a severe migraine. I'll check in later.

Good to hear Terry, every turkey has his day! His behavior was totally unacceptable.

Mel

PHIL- These are Italian plums. They grow very well here, this tree is only five years old and is it's first good crop. We have another younger tree that has no fruit yet, probably next year. The Bartlett pears were canned today, we got 14 quarts from one tree, this is the first year for this one too. Our apples are not ready yet.

Mel

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening gang! This photo isn't about trains, but I figured it is worth sharing anyway:

DaytonaSunrise_20160822_sm.gif

I snapped it from our motel balcony in Daytona before we took my youngest daughter to her first day of college. She's settled in now finally, and MOH and I can breathe again.

This was a "murphy" day from the git-go. We were sent crisscrossing the ERAU campus to all these different buildings where she needed to go to get her "papers in order." No surprise there; what really p****d me off though, was that the GPS I paid extra to rent from Alamo failed when I needed it most:mad:, trying to use it to get to my rendezvous point with Curt and Phil at the motel. At least they were kind enough to wait for me while I blindly fumbled my way back from the college!

I very much enjoyed finally being able to meet the "Florida Duo" and see the faces behind the screen names. That's one of my favorite things about the forum, I can go pretty much anywhere in the U.S. and possibly know somebody in that region.

KEN-It was a pleasure meeting you and learning more about your pike. The security measures have seemed to calm your fears. Like I told you she now has TWO godfathers.

MEL - Any idea why DAMSON Plums or jam aren't available ?

Phil

Appointment set.
Sept. 1 Thursday. 0700 for a PET, CT and MRI back to back.
They said plan on being there for at least several hours and no eating or drinking for 6 hours prior.

Ok.... I'm starting to freak a little now!
Dad is already making plans to be here.
E.

Eric, great news - glad to hear an actual human being called to help you thru your ordeal! Also good you get to reconnect with your Dad, and that you were able to do some train tinkering to help clear your mind.

KEN-It was a pleasure meeting you and learning more about your pike. The security measures have seemed to calm your fears. Like I told you she now has TWO godfathers.

Likewise, Phil! Instead of BK we shoulda gone to Micky Dee's - they have actual hot coffee there, I stopped in there later for supper and picked up a cup for MOH.

Ken: Hope you get the a/c fixed and get the daughter settled. Many, many years ago I was very close to trying that school. My parents were not able to afford it back then. I managed to work enough to get my commercial license and then my parents borrowed the money for me to attend American Flyers instrument school in Ft Worth. Three days after completing the course I landed my first paying job as a ferry pilot for Piper Corporation working out of Lock Haven, PA, and Vero Beach, Fl -- ahhh, the good old days.
Sherrell, we were lucky that she got all those scholarships otherwise we wouldn't have been able to afford it either. But we do have to cosign a Federal loan to pay for her Flight School, all our jaws dropped when we heard the amount of money she would need over the coming years - geez it's at the same level as medical school!:eek:

Howdy ...

Eric .. It's good to hear Emory Hospital is willing to help out, and also, it is good to hear your family is supportive. Of Course, we in the Coffee Shop will keep you in our prayers. ... You mentioned dealing with 3rd world people on the phone. I have my share of adventures trying to understand Bombay Bob bath the "Help Desk".
Chet ... You are doing a great job making a scrap yard.
Dave LASM ... I like your industrial area.
Ken ... It is nice to hear your daughter is going to school in Florida. We were in Orlando a year and a half ago, and I met Curt. Unfortunately, Phil was ill, and I did not see him (we did talk on the phone however).... I like the friendship of the forum.
Louis ... I have a bunch of Hallmark Ornaments but not that Chessie one. ... Edit.... Auto correct is annoying to me. Instead of Chessie, the word, Chess, was substituted.
Mel ... I like the photo of the CN line going under the highway.

Here is an older photo of a whimsical scene I have not shown in a long time. Some of you may like my attempt at humor.

FiascoTransport3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back