Running Bear's Coffee Shop LIX

Justin, I've had similar issues with some of my Athearn stuff, and it turned out a film of dirty oil had formed over the contacts in the trucks. I removed the axles, disassembled the axle sets, and thoroughly cleaned the gunk off the axle stubs and both inside and outside the bearing blocks. Re-assembled, and they ran great for another couple of years.

Morning All,

Posting early today because of other plans. GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY.

Milw113-
Nice photo and great video. I really enjoy the earlier train motion pictures, especially the older B&W ones.

Willie- I love music also. MOH likes disco, but I knew of that mental disorder before I married her.

Garry- I love that picture.

Ken- Beautiful work, very impressive.

Justin- You will enjoy the signals. They add a ton of realism to a layout.

https://youtu.be/sVhm3q_zU2E

I hope everyone has a good day and evening.

Always a pleasure gentlemen!

LOL! It happens. Over time I have broadened my musical horizons to the point where I can appreciate just about anything as long as they are good at what they do. Bach to the B 52's and Bach again! LOL! Banjo Bluegrass, Mountain Gospel, TECHNO, Disco, nearly died at a WHO concert, saw just about every rock band that toured near me in the last thirty years, U2, etc. FREAKED out when The Scatalites stopped at the gas station I was working at and they freaked out that someone in Jackson Mi had even heard of them! Folk, PUNK, Rock, Alternative, Jazz quartets from the 50's...not that "smooth jazz" KA-KA, that is about the only music I just cannot tolerate! I'll take elevator "mood" music over that stuff any day! Among the rotating residents in one of the houses I lived in during my party daze was a band that called themselves CHUNK, not very good musically, but the lyrics were hilariously filthy!

Then you've got a broader music taste than I've got, because I can't stand some of today's noise, even after trying my best! lol

Always a pleasure gentlemen!

Then you've got a broader music taste than I've got, because I can't stand some of today's noise, even after trying my best! lol

I did say they have to be good at what they do and I must agree, none of the new stuff is any good. Hardly anybody plays anymore. Musicianship went out with digital, "clean" sound is ok if you are into techno butt I much prefer the "performance" aspect older recoding methods captured. On LP's you could hear the space of the studio or concert it was recorded in, even on tape it comes through. Digital does not seem to capture that part of it and it is sorely missed!

Good Afternoon.

Winter is arriving in Wisconsin later today and tomorrow with up to nine inches of snow forecasted and then bitter cold weather to follow.

The house's sump pump's discharge pipe is frozen solid and an exterior hose bib frozen as well. Oh well, I'll wait until warmer weather thaws the frozen pipes. In the mean time, time for some forum topic reading and maybe a nap.

Greg

It is indeed a quiet one. I'm down and out today. I had hoped to work on the layout however I had to put my plans on the back burner for some family time. Though it's starting to wind down and I'm about to go to the house.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

LOL .. Bout time they finally won one. Looks as if it was not an easy win be a long shot.
SOrry, Chet, Curt, and all you NAVY guys.

A quite day around here is rare! Finally got some repairs done and the rest of the outside Christmas lights done.

It's been so nice around hehe the last couple days that I am ashamed to say that I was working in my Tee Shirt outside.
FEel for you guys in the deep freeze.

Good afternoon. Got up into the 20's today. We had a good snow squall on the way home last night. Visibuility less than an eighth of a mile. Afun trip home and wouldn't you know, it blew over as soon as we got home. Guess our timing stinks.

Curt - Enjoyed the old movies of Horseshoe Curve. I have seen a few, but not those.

113 - Really enjoyed your Milwaukee Road video. Brings back a lot of memories, I'm quite familiar with the areas that the video was shot in. Nice to have you back.

Greg - We tried to wear the cold weather down for you. We did finally warm up but by the end of next week temps are predicted to be in the teens below at night.

Sherrel - I'm not a college foot ball fan so I could really care less. I have also lost interest in the NFL in recent years. Terry - I'm sure you'll get over it.

Did some chores around the house today and finally got some time to go down to the train room. Ran some trains and worked a bit putting up a fence around the oil distributor. I still have some chain link fence to put in where the cars unload. I have a chain link fence kit, somewhere. It got moved when we were renovating the rooms where I have my work bench. Eventually they'll show up. Now that this is done I have to work on the grade crossing into the roundhouse area.

IMAG0952.jpg IMAG0954.jpg IMAG0955.jpg

Now that NASCAR is done for the year I have a bit more time to work on the layout.

Later

VIVA success! One of the little cousins, about 7-8, walked in and asked to go see the trains! Got his hands on an NCE throttle after minimal instruction and was running two locos at once and LOVING it! By the time they left, him and his Dad had "Mom" talked into relenting to at least a 4x8 in the house they will be moving into soon! I explained ramps and helix use to change levels and he got all starry eyed and was talking about multi level action! Another one has been bit by the bug! His Dad was all in too and asking about table construction and the control system. The kid gave me some great ideas and I hope to help him and his Dad get a good start, maybe avoid a few of the pitfalls.

Wha? Army beat Navy? HUA!!! I get to lord it over my bro "The Carpenter" FOR A CHANGE!!! LOL! He "sailed" on a Destroyer back in the 80's, some kind of Engine room job, I don't know. Of course, I'll jump from any aircraft in flight, as long as there is EARTH under me! THOSE guys are CRAZY! Yooge respect for all my "squid" Brothers no matter what they do out there! The Ocean is rather large and even a Carrier is tiny compared to the Big Pond! Destroyers are what, 100 feet long? Fughetaboutit! Plus, ya can't dig no foxhole in the water!

Figured I would check in and say goodnight so
Goodnight all !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's cloudy and 22.
Happy Sunday.
14 days until it's Christmas, only 13 shopping days.
My wife is renowned for "peeking" at her gifts, so I tend to wait until the last few hours to shop for her. My brother and I would go out Christmas eve to get her stuff, then wrap it at his house, and bring it over Christmas morning. This year, like last year, since I no longer have that option, I've opted to shop online for her. It gets delivered to where I work, and I bring it home the last day of work before Christmas. Since this year the holiday falls on a day we are normally closed, I'll have to bring everything home then, and hide it in one of the outbuildings here.
Even though I am not by any stretch religious, this time of year is one I look forward to for family and friends getting together.

Dang, 28 degrees here in King George.
Decaf, black.
I think NASCAR needs to do a 500 mile race in the winter in one of the northern states and the race day would be a floating day so they can do it during heavy snow storm.
Had some impromptu visitors yesterday. I thought they wanted to come over to watch the Army-Navy game, but they only wanted to see the trains run. They brought two young boys, ages 7 and 9 who were awed for about 5 minutes then started chasing around and playing chair tag with my rolling chairs.

Had some impromptu visitors yesterday. I thought they wanted to come over to watch the Army-Navy game, but they only wanted to see the trains run. They brought two young boys, ages 7 and 9 who were awed for about 5 minutes then started chasing around and playing chair tag with my rolling chairs.
Well, for 5 minutes, it was great...

Back